• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort-Ansem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
It's been a while since I've made a theory here (meaning it's been a while since I've been free in general), but I figured I'd take another stab at a Xehanort theory. Now, to those of you who don't know, I've been an advocate of the connection of hearts between Xehanort and AtW for over a year now; their one year together as master and apprentice is filled with clues to this, and I'll be telling them along as we go. For now, let's start with when they first met: At death's door.

08f76ee290dfa55d6e71ef4c78d5e9c6.png

Very little is known of the exact circumstances surrounding Terra-Xehanort's botched heart extraction; what is known is that AtW played a huge role in nursing him back to health. This is the point where I like to believe that AtW extended his heart out to Xehanort, very similar to how Sora extended his to Ven's in the latter's time of need. In time, Xehanort would start to mimic certain traits of AtW, starting with his fascination of the darkness and/or scholarly instinct. To be fair, both/either of those facets could have been leftovers of MX and Terra, but I like to think that they still helped Xehanort bond with AtW. With that said, these two facets of AtW would become the foundation of Apprentice Xehanort's persona.

Xehanorttableau.png

What often gets overlooked is that there was a time when AtW was willing to experiment with the darkness, even if for philanthropic reasons.

Xemnas said:
You are the source of all Heartless.

There is a certain degree of truth when it comes to Xemnas' words; Xehanort would have never started the Heartless invasion, had it not been for AtW's experiments in the beginning. If the Ansem reports indicate the progress of the invasion, let's not forget that AtW wrote the first report in the first place; Xehanort mainly finished the job that had already progressed. But what does this all mean in the end?

There is a specific point in time where Xehanort took over both Ansem's work and name; it is after Mickey persuaded AtW to stop his experiments. Xehanort still looked like Xehanort, and probably didn't have any feelings of animosity towards AtW. If I'm right about the heart connection between Xehanort and Ansem, then Xehanort would represent something of the darker side of AtW's heart: The fascination that drew him into the studies of the darkness in the first place. Xehanort's animosity would be symbolic of the dark side of Ansem, disgusted at his real counterpart for refusing to go beyond his comfort zones.

In other words, the part of "Ansem" that Xehanort inherited from AtW was the Ansem that wrote the first Ansem report, the Ansem that had the confidence to approach the darkness, and the Ansem that had not yet been saved by Mickey. If the real AtW would not continue his work, then this facet of Ansem, through Xehanort, would finish the job. In time, Xehanort would inherit AtW's amber eyes, round ears, and a few hairstyle traits (or at least his Heartless would); Xehanort would arguably become Xehanort-Ansem.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's possible the hearts are connected though I aint sure if it'd be for the 'Ven-Sora' reason you gave but I wouldnt rule him out.
Though I think its fair to point out that slight similarity in appearance could've just as likely been XH, for lack of better phrase, "dressing for the occasion".
He did, after all, go as far as to steal his name and research so him changing his hair style and other things wouldn't be far fetched.
As for the eyes AX were brown and as we discussed once already AX transition from apprentice to Xehanorts Heartless is eerily close to nortin so for all we know the amber could've been the brown being warped by good ol Xehanort gold.

I dont rule it out but I can see other reasons for your examples as well plus the idea of XH not only having three hearts (MX, Terra, Eraqus) but now a connection to a fourth adds more unwanted convolution to his character to me. >_<

Nayru's Love

Awards
It's possible the hearts are connected though I aint sure if it'd be for the 'Ven-Sora' reason you gave but I wouldnt rule him out.
Ven and Sora certainly are much different characters from AtW and Xehanort, so it definitely makes sense why their respective connections would be just as different. With all similarities aside, I'm also really fond of the idea of BBS ending just as it began: An extension of heart to the suffering.

Though I think its fair to point out that slight similarity in appearance could've just as likely been XH, for lack of better phrase, "dressing for the occasion".
He did, after all, go as far as to steal his name and research so him changing his hair style and other things wouldn't be far fetched.
The problem is that there hasn't been any other example of a character "dressing for the occasion" like that (watch, that'll end up being a coined term). However, changes in hairstyle, eyes, and ears that mimic someone else's appearance (particularly all three at the same time) has almost always been associated with the process of Xehanortification, a process that isn't exclusive to just MX.

In this case, it'd be AtW (or at least his darker nature) taking over Xehanort.

As for the eyes AX were brown and as we discussed once already AX transition from apprentice to Xehanorts Heartless is eerily close to nortin so for all we know the amber could've been the brown being warped by good ol Xehanort gold.
Combination of eye colors has never been an issue with other Xehanorts, though; otherwise, Xigbar's would be somewhat similar, Saix' would be some ugly color, etc.

It's easier to relate XH's and Xemnas' eye colors to AtW's rather than a very specific case of color combination that coincidentally resulted in eyes like AtW's.

I dont rule it out but I can see other reasons for your examples as well plus the idea of XH not only having three hearts (MX, Terra, Eraqus) but now a connection to a fourth adds more unwanted convolution to his character to me. >_<

The idea of another intruder certainly does seem like a turn-off...However, I think the whole thing is rather fitting for the particular stories of AtW and Xehanort, not to mention the survival/parasitic nature of darkness.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Your first spoilered pic doesn't work.

I kinda like your theory, as it is a good explanation on Ansem, SoD's and Xemnas' appearance and why they took Ansem's name.

To give a another theory, Terra-Xehanort, being amnesiac, would be a sponge and would absorb everything Ansem the Wise does and teaches. Terrappenticenort would... I've lost my train of thought... *cries*

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
The problem is that there hasn't been any other example of a character "dressing for the occasion" like that (watch, that'll end up being a coined term). However, changes in hairstyle, eyes, and ears that mimic someone else's appearance (particularly all three at the same time) has almost always been associated with the process of Xehanortification, a process that isn't exclusive to just MX.
That doesnt rule it out either. He stole an identity so him trying to match that isnt out of the question.

Combination of eye colors has never been an issue with other Xehanorts, though; otherwise, Xigbar's would be somewhat similar, Saix' would be some ugly color, etc.

It's easier to relate XH's and Xemnas' eye colors to AtW's rather than a very specific case of color combination that coincidentally resulted in eyes like AtW's.
Its easier but again that doesnt rule it out either. AX was a vessel that had an eye color belonging to neither MX, Terra, Me, or even AtW so there is obviously an issue with the eye color in one vessel already.

But again I rule none of it out.

Last edited:

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Ven and Sora certainly are much different characters from AtW and Xehanort, so it definitely makes sense why their respective connections would be just as different. With all similarities aside, I'm also really fond of the idea of BBS ending just as it began: An extension of heart to the suffering.

In this case, it'd be AtW (or at least his darker nature) taking over Xehanort.

The idea of another intruder certainly does seem like a turn-off...However, I think the whole thing is rather fitting for the particular stories of AtW and Xehanort, not to mention the survival/parasitic nature of darkness.

It's a good theory and the first photo doesn't work as FudgemintGuardian said. Time plays a part in the Kingdom Hearts series and has Ansem the Wise stopped with his research, Xehanort continued to fearlessly pursue the darkness. Ansem the Wise tried to stop him and the other apprentices, but Xehanort had already done away with him by the Realm of Darkness as I remember, right?

Nayru's Love

Awards
It's a good theory and the first photo doesn't work as FudgemintGuardian said.
Your first spoilered pic doesn't work.
Thanks for the heads up; took care of it.

Terrappenticenort the Wise
fix'd.

That doesnt rule it out either. He stole an identity so him trying to match that isnt out of the question.
The identity theft is mostly exclusive to XH, yes. However, when it comes to how he looks the way he does, I feel it's more likely that AtW was an actual part of the equation.

The possibility of him matching the look is certainly not out of the question, but I just don't think it's the best answer we can come up with.

Its easier but again that doesnt rule it out either. AX was a vessel that had an eye color belonging to neither MX, Terra, Me, or even AtW so there is obviously an issue with the eye color in one vessel already.
This one is more of Occam's Razor for me. Color combination would be a lot more plausible if:

A. Yellow and Brown together really did make amber/orange
B. There had been past examples of eye color combination to draw from
C. XH and AtW weren't similar in other ways, to the point where once coincidence of matching eye color wouldn't matter

Could it work out? Technically yes, but under shaky assumptions; that's the point of Occam's Razor.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The whole thing of AX's brown eyes is a shaky assumption though no matter what theory is proposed though which is why I'm afraid I cant truly agree with either because to me the dismissals of his eyes are just as shaky as them possibly getting warped.
And also note I never said 'merged' but 'warped' in both posts meaning not that the colors merged but that something obviously happened to alter it.

And since its not amber like AtW nor gold like MX or even blue like Terras I'm afraid I just cant take your dismissals of it as proof to your theory nor as a discredit to others.
As you said I think we can come up with better than that.
(not that them being warped is better I was just throwing out possibilities)

Last edited:

Nayru's Love

Awards
Pretty much the whole theory works on the assumption that the brown eyes have nothing to do with how Xehanort got his amber eyes. It's an assumption, given that the brown eyes are more or less a complete enigma. However, I feel there are far worse assumptions to rely on for a foundation, given the relevance of amber eyes to Xehanort and AtW.

NeoshadowXC

I think they've already explored this plot as far as they're going to. Which is unfortunate, because I would have liked to know more about their relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back