• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xehanort's somebody form makes no sense

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

D VLK

I'm still wondering why Xehanort is still an old man? We know that the bieng known as terra Xehanort ceased to exist at some point in time given Ansem Sod is actually a hearltess born from master xehanort heart. Xemnas is born from terra's body and soul. I thought it was also said somewhere that Terra's heart is somwhere else

We know from vanitas that the heart does not actually determine the age but the base appearance. It would go hand in hand with Ansem sod still bieng a young man. However even if terra's heart is gone. Master Xehanort's body should still consist of terra's body and soul thus he should only have the base appearance of xehanort however have terra's youth should still be existent.

Unless Xehanort's body isn't actually terra's body but Master Xehanorts own discarded body at the keyblade graveyard which would clear this loophole up. However from a logical point of view it would essentially kill all the trouble he went through of getting a young body. Sure you can argue that he managed to extent his life by temporarily living on for years as a hearltless,nobody and terra xehanort and gathering several vessels. However he himself the main body is still an old fart bringing himself to square one once again.

Honestly if it was just a case of terra and eraqus interfering with xehanorts heart which might explain why Terra xehanort ceased to exist as it would seem quite meddling for his plans. Couldn't he just kick terra out like he did and stop there without leaving terra's body?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Re: Xehanorts somebody form makes no sense

That's the mystery 3D presented to us-for some reason MX is an old man when logically speaking we should have seen Terranort. At this point we're not sure what happened to Terra, either his body or his heart, we just know that they're...somewhere. Right now it's just a case of "not enough information". All we can do is pass the time speculating.

Xehanort tried to boot Terra's heart out at the end of BbS but for some reason it didn't work. I take it we're meant to assume it's because of Terra's resilience, ME acting as a buffer, or a mixture of the two.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

That other thread whose whereabouts I've forgotten also talked about this extensively. There were many theories put forward, but ultimately, it's that this topic was indeed left as a mystery by the writers. And don't we all love speculating?

Where's Terra? We don't know. Is he among the thirteen darknesses, or is he not? We don't know. But as Ruran said, he has to be somewhere. It's all up for guesses, what with MX saying that "another one on [Mickey's] list belongs to him now." There really is no telling as for now.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

If the result of Ansem SoD and Xemnas's defeat was supposed to be Terranort/Apprentice Xehanort as the result, then perhaps Terra and/or Master Eraqus's hearts were able to somehow untether from their respective binding/s (I'm assuming from Xemnas, because of his memories) once Sora defeated them. That being said, we know Terra is a SoD, so maybe the Terranort fusion no longer exists, maybe in part because of Master Eraqus's efforts to purge them free of one another. All speculation here. Like Ruran said, we have virtually mere scraps to kick rocks with until more concrete evidence flows through.

It's funny though, how Re:coded's secret ending also tried to throw the audience off from thinking about Terranort by forshadowing old Master Xehanort as the one returning.

Sakima

Also, keep in mind this little tidbit: the Xehanort we saw was his most future self, at least according to the script.

Well, we all know that the moment MX disappears is certainly not his final moment. I think we can say that's obvious. :p

So, could we not assume that whatever form we, the players, fight Xehanort in at the conclusion of the saga, it MUST be in that body?

Unless I missed something in the cut-scenes, that seems to be the indication. Otherwise, we would have seen whatever appearance his final form took at the end of KHIII when he finally appeared. Thoughts?

Skyzor

i think u don't understand well, forget the thing about xeanoth rebirth, master xeanorth was brought from the past to the present, not a rebirth, ansem and xemnas was also brought from the past to the present, and the rest of the new organization, young xeanorth have traveled through time to diferent ages and brought them to the present( or have give to them the power to travel in time just like ansem did to him)

Tetsujin

i think u don't understand well, forget the thing about xeanoth rebirth, master xeanorth was brought from the past to the present, not a rebirth, ansem and xemnas was also brought from the past to the present, and the rest of the new organization, young xeanorth have traveled through time to diferent ages and brought them to the present( or have give to them the power to travel in time just like ansem did to him)

No, old Master Xehanort was his restored original self, not brought from the past. As mentioned above, it's his "most future self" :p
Everyone else is from different time periods, MX is from the present.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ Actually the only confirmed time travels are MX as the most present self, YX as the most distant past, Ansem and Xemnas.

As hinted in the ultimania:

—Were the 13 Seekers of Darkness, who were meant to be in different times, gathered by transcending time with magic?

Nomura: Just as it says in the story, to transcend time one must ‘first’ discard their form. As a result of the actions of the Brown Robed Figure, they all were in a state where they had gained the power to transcend time. The Brown Robed Figure explains the facts. The thirteen were summoned at the same time, this time thanks to Young Xehanort who borrowed that power. However, apart from Young Xehanort, that does not mean that all the members transcended time.

source: KH3D Ultimania Interviews Translated! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
MX returning as "old geezernort" is definitely an intended mystery, as stated in the Ultimania:

Q: What happened to Terra's heart and body?
A: In this game, Master Xehanort does not appear in the form of Terra-Xehanort when he transferred his heart, but as the old man he was before he took control of Terra's body. During the revival, what happened to Terra's body, and Terra's heart that was in opposition to Xehanort's control? In Kingdom Hearts, Birth by Sleep, it is to be considered that it was thought the whereabouts of the heart of Terra's master, Eraqus rested within his body.

So this is really an intentional issue and not an oversight or a "plot-hole".

The most widespread theories if I remember correctly are

1st) That is still Terra's body, but without Terra's heart in it and the body then takes the appearance of the heart left (which is MX himself). In this case, while MX would look like the old geezer he would still have the youthful body and corresponding power.
2nd) Due to Terra's (and Eraqus') continued resistance Xehanort was forced to give up Terra's body as his main host, turning it into a seed instead which is now one of the six still hooded Seekers in the room. The body MX has now is his old one recreated out of necessity because of the loss of Terra's body as his main host.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^ I also remember a third theory that goes along the lines of theory 2 in that he willingly went back to his old man body and left Terra as a seed to fill the 13 seats for his new org.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back