• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Xion and Riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
I've been swinging a Keyblade since the very beginning. They may have been assumptions, but they were thumpin' good ones. Not to mention the face and name got leaked after CoM, yes, but still before the game hit stores.

Mary Sue Crash Course:
-Close ties with canon
-Must prove her superiority by outdoing canon in every way
-Has an infuriating tendency to pursue love interests with canon (but considering KH is notoriously neutral on this I'm not applying this one to Xion)
-Mystical, unusual, or impossible origin ("special")
-Angst, angst, angst, and more angst

Riku going for Kairi et al--I'm talking more fanworks here. Namine was introduced, so of COURSE people were going to pair them, and now Xion's angsting in Riku's arms (the King of Angst). I'm certain RikuXion will quickly overtake dA and ff.net, assuming the Akuroku, Soriku, and TerraVen doesn't smother it.

Anyway. The point is moot, the games aren't coming out anytime soon and most of the theories we come up with will inevitably get smashed to bits when they do, just like with Kingdom Hearts II. (The frickin' parallel worlds sounded cool. Dammit.)

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I've been swinging a Keyblade since the very beginning. They may have been assumptions, but they were thumpin' good ones. Not to mention the face and name got leaked after CoM, yes, but still before the game hit stores.

Mary Sue Crash Course:
-Close ties with canon
-Must prove her superiority by outdoing canon in every way
-Has an infuriating tendency to pursue love interests with canon (but considering KH is notoriously neutral on this I'm not applying this one to Xion)
-Mystical, unusual, or impossible origin ("special")
-Angst, angst, angst, and more angst

Riku going for Kairi et al--I'm talking more fanworks here. Namine was introduced, so of COURSE people were going to pair them, and now Xion's angsting in Riku's arms (the King of Angst). I'm certain RikuXion will quickly overtake dA and ff.net, assuming the Akuroku, Soriku, and TerraVen doesn't smother it.

Anyway. The point is moot, the games aren't coming out anytime soon and most of the theories we come up with will inevitably get smashed to bits when they do, just like with Kingdom Hearts II. (The frickin' parallel worlds sounded cool. Dammit.)

Honestly, I don't care how much Mary Sue she seems to you. At least, Xion and probably Namine (I can't say I know her too well.. considering I never played CoM (I will get Re: CoM though.)) were far better made than Kairi. (though KH1 Kairi semed more likable to me than KH2 Kairi.) Hopefully though, maybe they'll listen and fix some of the people's issues with Kairi in KH3, but I doubt it.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Honestly, I don't care how much Mary Sue she seems to you. At least, Xion and probably Namine (I can't say I know her too well.. considering I never played CoM (I will get Re: CoM though.)) were far better made than Kairi. (though KH1 Kairi semed more likable to me than KH2 Kairi.) Hopefully though, maybe they'll listen and fix some of the people's issues with Kairi in KH3, but I doubt it.

All I'm saying is, I played CoM when it first came out, and Namine fit the profile. Then she turned out to be an interesting character. Now Xion's fitting the mold even better, and I'm wary. Watanabe or not, 'Sues happen. I desperately want Xion not to be one.

Kairi, yeah...Kairi's just about a lost cause by now. I was really hoping she'd get to fight a little with you, like, ingame--and it would be great if she wasn't too good at it and you and Riku had to kind of watch over her a little (but not enough to be annoying). It would kind of represent the relationship they have. But instead she gets shoved to one side, as usual, and so much for character development.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
All I'm saying is, I played CoM when it first came out, and Namine fit the profile. Then she turned out to be an interesting character. Now Xion's fitting the mold even better, and I'm wary. Watanabe or not, 'Sues happen. I desperately want Xion not to be one.
Kairi, yeah...Kairi's just about a lost cause by now. I was really hoping she'd get to fight a little with you, like, ingame--and it would be great if she wasn't too good at it and you and Riku had to kind of watch over her a little (but not enough to be annoying). It would kind of represent the relationship they have. But instead she gets shoved to one side, as usual, and so much for character development.

Not when he's on the case. There will be no "Sues" whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back