• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Yu-Gi-Oh OOC and Sign Ups

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wasilis

Bronze Member
Crimson_Dragon.jpg

Set in the near future, the game of Duel Monsters still exists. There are countless people who play Duel Monsters as a hobby and enjoyment, while other have set the goal to become pro by entering local or national, official or unofficial tournaments. However, something has changed over the past years. An addition has been introduced to the future of dueling: "Turbo Duels". These duels are played in giant stadiums, and duelists ride motorcycles with built-in duel equipment known as "Duel Runners".

Domino City has also changed, under the guidance of the head of its public maintenance bureau, Rex Goodwin. Rich and powerful people live in what is now known as "Neo Domino City", while the poorer class are shunned and live mostly in the slums area, known as "Satellite". They are referred to as "Satellite scum" by the inhabitants of Neo Domino City. Already the development has swept the city, casting the previous ways of life to the darkness. With people moving to the newly developed areas, those that do not hold the social status or the monetary value are left in the darkness.

Duel Runner​

As well as the normal standing duels, the latest Yu-Gi-Oh series features the "Turbo Duels", an all-new style of duel in which the players ride "Duel Runners" (or simply "Runners" for short), motorcycles with Duel equipment. Compared to the previous series, dueling with Runners contain some special rules. The duel is entirely played using the field magic "Speed World", which is activated by both players when the duel begins; it is possible to force a duel with someone on a Duel Runner by playing the card.

The Duel Runner features the card platform, sitting in front of the duelist, a stand for the cards in hand, which allows the duelist to ride with one hand while using the cards with the other, and a compartment for the deck located in the player's wrist. Cards sent to graveyard are inserted in a slot also located in front of the duelist. In some Duel Runner models (called hybrid models), the card platform can be detached from the bike and function as a standard Duel Disk for old-fashioned duels.

This R.P.G. will include both "Turbo Duels" and normal duels (standing duels). And the duels will start with 4000 Life Points.

Synchro Summon​

A prominent new feature of the Duel Monsters, is the use of "Tuner Monsters" and "Synchro Monsters".

A "Synchro Summon" is activated when a player summons a Tuner Monster and tunes it with one or more non-tuner monsters on the field. Based on the sum of the levels of each monster, a Synchro Monster of that level can be summoned. For example, when a Lv3 Junk Synchron tunes itself with a Lv2 Speed Warrior, the Lv5 Junk Warrior can be summoned. These monsters can also be tuned once again in order to summon higher level Synchro Monsters such as the Lv8 Stardust Dragon.

There are "Dark Synchro Monsters" that can only be Synchro Summoned by subtracting the level of a non-tuner monster with a "Dark Tuner Monster", too. Thus, creating a negative Level. For example, a Lv8 Dark Tuner Monster can be tuned with a Lv3 Monster to summon a Lv-5 Dark Synchro Monster.

Speed Counters​

"Speed World" is a unique Field Spell Card, which prevents the activation of any Spell Cards, apart from "Speed Spell" Spell Cards.

To activate a "Speed Spell" Spell Card, you must meet the requirements on a specific card. In most cases, this is simply having enough Speed Counters, though there are other requirements based on the numbers of counters you or your opponent have.

During each of either player's Standby Phases, 1 Speed Counter is placed on both player's "Speed World". Also, there are cards which can either decrease or increase the number of Speed Counters on "Speed World". There are even cards that can even prevent either player from accumulating Speed Counters. When you take damage, for each multiple of 1000 damage you take, you lose 1 Speed Counter.

Rules​

# No Godmoding
# No Powerplaying
# No flaming/OOC arguments in the actual thread. There you can do/say whatever you want
# No sexual content, period...not even fan service of any kind. I have no tolerance for perversion. Romance however is alright, but please don't make it anything beyond kissing/hugging/non-sexual forms of affection.
# Please, be literate
# All KHinsider.com Forums rules apply
# Put "Riding Duelist" in your template
# I have the right to deny you
# Make a character you will enjoy playing. Because I don’t want people to get bored and leaving this R.P.G. hanging out to dry and shrivel up into just wasted space. That’s not how this is going down. So, please create a character that you’re going to enjoy playing.
# All the decks must be original! It would be a lot funnier to create our cards. Trust me! Just don't make them god-like!
# Dueling – It has to be a part of the game. However, let me say this, all duels will be played at 4000 life points. And you are required to state what the cards are when they are played (use a different paragraph to it), what their effects are…allowing me to demonstrate right now…

“I summon Card Brawler!”

Card Brawler / Earth / LV. 4 / ATK: 1700 / DEF: 1200 / Warrior/Effect:When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle you may draw one card from your deck.

OR

Card Brawler
Earth
LV. 4
ATK: 1700
DEF: 1200
Warrior/Effect:When this card destroys a monster as a result of battle you may draw one card from your deck.

# Also remember to list an action sense for the description of the monster.

Character's Template​

Name:
Surname:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:
Deck type: (Only the title. Remember the rules. Only original cards!)
Duel Disk:
Social Status:
Motorbike: (If any)
Other:

Last edited:

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
This looks like it can be great ^_^ I'll have a character up very soon ^^

Edit: Sorry it took so long, I hope everything is ok.

Riding Duelist

Name: Sleif

Surname: Destati

Appearance: Sleif stands just short of 7’’, with shoulder length silver hair and red piercing eyes. He wears a large black trench coat that covers his entire body, while underneath it he also has matching black pants and shirt. Sleif has very light tanned skin, along with various marks and cuts over his body, no more of obvious then a large cut that runs down the left side of his face, joining to his jaw.

Personality: Sleif is a quiet individual. He normally never talks unless absolutely necessary, and even then it is only a few words. This can change however in a duel, but only if the duel is particularly interesting. If it is intriguing, Sleif can become more talkative but also a little more deranged in how he acts and duels.

Background: There was once a time, when Sleif was much younger, that he and his family lived in the higher and much better off areas of Domino City, though, that is but a faded memory now, more so to Sleif himself. He doesn’t remember much about that time, being only the age of six, but from what he has pieced together, his father died shortly after his sixth birthday of a congenital heart disease. Sleifs mother tried her best to keep a roof over both her and his heads, but in the end, they became complete bankrupt and were forced into the slums of the city, while Domino grew bigger and more prosperous around them. Though they had lost everything, there was one thing that no one could take away from Sleif, a deck of Duel Monster Cards that his father gave him for his birthday.

At the age of twelve, Sleif was doing as best he can to keep himself and his mother at the very least, warm and feed. Over the six years living in the slums, Sleif found his mother was getting ever more sick and unhealthy as time went by. Finally, at the age of fourteen, Sleifs mother passed away, it was on this day that he suddenly seemed to stop talking. Before his mother passed away, things were always hard to come by for Sleif, after her passing everything seemed to simply become that much harder.

As he took his own personal vow of silence, Sleif could never really ask for help, always doing things his way and alone. Though there were the odd acts of kindness by some of the other people in the slums, most of his time was encompassed by threats and beatings. Over the two years after his mother passed away, Sleif quickly learned how to defend himself from people who would try to hurt him. On a day like any other, when he had just been badly beaten by a group of biker thugs, the leader decided to make things interesting, and placed a deal for Sleif. They would have one duel, and if they won, they would take everything Sleif owned, however if Sleif won, which they believed would be impossible; they would stop their harassing, and allow him to take anything they had.

Though he never spoke, Sleif agreed to this deal, and for the first time in a long time, he took out the deck his father gave him, while one of the bikers gave him a lone of a duel disk so he could duel. As the duel went on, something seemed to change for Sleif, which was very obvious to see for the ones who were watching. While he normally had a cold and lifeless demeanour to him, Sleif appeared to smile more and his whole body seemed to explode into life, as he would randomly laugh out loud, making even the biker leader act on edge.

By the end of the duel, Sleif played one of the strongest cards in his deck, completely wiping out the leader in the process. By the terms of the deal, the gang agreed to leave Sleif alone, and along with it Sleif took the motorcycle that belonged to the leader. Over the years since that day, Sleif has travelled all over Domino city, being hired in the process by the best of the elite to do most of their illegal jobs.

Deck type: End of the World

Duel Disk:
6l9lzs3.png

Social Status: Satellite Scum

Motorbike:
GEN-RYU.JPG

Other: While Sleifs motorcycle is designed for Speed Dueling, over the years since he won it, he has modified it so he can both speed and normal duel. Though out of the two, Sleif prefers normal duelling rather then speed duelling. When he original received the motorbike, Sleif was soon able to acquire an illegal driver’s licence, though immediately after his eighteenth birthday, he was able to acquire a legal version. Over the years, Sleif has become quite good with fighting hand to hand, able to disarm most people of any weapons they wield. As a note to this, he has become very agile in moving, both on and off his bike.

Last edited:

Akans

「moriya」
Didn't you try to, like, make a Yugioh RP a while ago? And it, like, died in the OOC stage?

Who cares, I'm in XD.

Wasilis

Bronze Member
Your wish is granted! : ) I added details in the first post. Also, here is the first part of my template.

Riding Duelist

Name: Matsuo

Surname: Naozumi

Appearance:
Kouichi_Yukino.jpg

Personality: His personality mostly consist of what he considers "cool". Being a "cool" guy, he almost always uses the direct approach which most of the time fails, and even drives a motorcycle, which both he uses both for transportation and dueling. All in all, he does what cool guys are supposed to do. This has to do most with his eccentric persona. He enjoys turning all eyes on him and does everything to achieve it. However, during duels his personality changes completely! He is more level-headed, but when his anger gets the better of him, he will put his foot down. He always tries to think of a way to beat his opponent by exploiting the opponent's weaknesses, in which most of the times he succeeds.

Background: He grew up in a very comfortable household where many of his needs were met by his parents. His father was a scientist who worked for a pharmaceutical company in Domino City while his mother worked full time at being just. She did however have a very keen interest in real estate, and spent the majority of her time researching and investing in houses and other buildings. He was the only child of the family but rarely grew lonely as he spent the majority of his time out of school with his mother at home, or going house hunting. On the rare occasions when his father came home from work early, he would pester him into playing their all time favorite game, Duel Monsters, a sport his father used to play back in the day. And in spite of his family’s commitments and complications in spending time together, he deeply cared for his parents and spent as much time as he could with them.

Being well off, he could afford many luxuries during his childhood but like many children his age, his main and only interest was Duel Monsters. He had been playing the game ever since he was little and would occasionally bring her father's deck to school to play with his classmates. But aside from completely dominating the school scene in playing the card game, he almost always flunked in everything else involving academics. It became apparent that his true talent persevered on the field.

Now that he has become 18 year-old, thus an adult, he has decided to devour his time in Duel Monsters. And he wants to find a job, which has with Duel Monsters to do. His parents as a birthday-present bought him a motorbike, with which he could speed duel. As a result, now he is in the streets of Domino City and challenges people into duels, although that doesn't suit his high class.

Deck type: (Only the title. Remember the rules. Only original cards!)

Duel Disk:
4ku4shi.png

Motorbike: Clicky :p

Social Status: High Class

Other: N/A

Last edited:
Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
"Riding Duelist"

Name: Trea

Surname: Sekushi

Appearance: Mr. Sekushi

Personality: Trea is very carefree and sarcastic, and rarely keeps to himself. He tends to be the comical relief to any awkward situation. While dueling, for the most part, he is still carefree. This changes, though, in tight situations, where he takes on a heated, serious side. Trea can be very compassionate at times, yet he can be very cold at the same time.

Background: At the start of his life, Trea could care less about cardboard cards that the other kids were playing with. It wasn't until he was in fourth grade when his teacher asked him to stay after class for detention. While waiting to be let free, Trea noticed his teacher fooling around with a few cards. His teacher motioned for him to come over, and showed him the game of duel monsters, giving him a deck to use in duels against him. Trea would then stay after school, learning the game, and aspiring to be greater than his teacher. On the day he challenged his teacher for the last time, his school was attacked. People came and shot various people, one of which was his teacher. The last thing his teacher did was give Trea his old deck, in hopes that his prodigy would become great.

After that day, Trea vowed to be the best duelist he could be. He attended Duel Academy, making great friends, and climbing through the ranks. On his eighteenth birthday, Trea was given a duel runner, growing as a duelist.

Deck type: E-Hero

Duel Disk:
blade-silver-dd.png

Social Status: Satellite Scum

Motorbike: Le Bike

Other:

Last edited:

Rain

I breathe music.
Awards
Website
inferno.khinsider.com
Hey can I join this?I'll edit the template a bit later though if thats alright?

"Riding Duelist"

Name: Shino

Surname: Oshiro

Appearance:
Kazu_4_by_s3rgui.jpg

Personality:Shino is competent, motivated and highly organized.He is adaptable to the environment and can handle any situation.Shino is an extroverted person which means he is very sociable. Shino is also a laid-back person who remains calm at all times.He is also a carefree person.A negative for Shino is that he doesn't like losing or being wrong.However his communication skills with other people is good.Shino usually tries to make friends with other people rather than having any enemies or rivals.Shino is a reliable person who stays truthful to those he considers his friends.Shino can be very persuasive and is quite good at hiding his emotions from others to see.

Deck type: Heaven's Arrow

Duel Disk:
4yzdbet.png

Social Status:

Motorbike:
Are the motor bikes supposed to look like this?

Other:

Last edited:

Wasilis

Bronze Member
You forget something, Relliks. >.< And Keyblader, nice and interesting deck. Keep up the good work. Btw, I added the personality of my character. It's in my previous post, just to let you know.

EDIT: Shouldn't a character be older than 18 to drive a motorbike? If your character is a riding duelist along with plain duelist (normal standing duelist), make him be 18 or older.

Last edited:

Rain

I breathe music.
Awards
Website
inferno.khinsider.com
I added in the personality for my character too and I added the motorbike pic.Im not sure how it was supposed to look but I tried.I'll finish the template up in a bit.

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
"Riding Duelist"? If your not 18, make him a Skateboarding Duelist XD

Name: Kyoroj

Surname: Elinour

Age: 16 - with an illegal driver's license. Knows how to ride a motorbike.

Appearance: His hair is obsidian black, usually long and untidy, and covers most of his face. Kyoroi has mismatched eyes, his right eye is deep and dark, while his left eye is a bright scarlet color, the only splash of color on his whole body. He usually has a strand of his hair on the right side of his head hooked over an ear, so he can see out of that eye, while the other side hangs down and obscures his other eye. He has been toying with the idea of getting a haircut recently.

Kyoroj wears an old and ripped black t-shirt emblazoned with some random heavy metal band. Sometimes, when it is cold, he wears on top a black hoodie with some Latin writing. No one nowadays can read it, but it looks cool all the same.

His pants and shoes are equally dark. He has baggy black cargo pants with vast amounts of pockets, all full of mismatched things. This is held up by a black belt a black buckle. Unsurprisingly, his skater shoes are also all black. If weren't looking for him, you wouldn't find him if he was hiding in the shadows.

Personality: Sarcastic and cynical, especially when dueling. Each move is as much a personal insult as it is a crippling attack. He is very sadistic for a 16 year old, cruel and merciless when it comes to competition. Snide and condescending remarks are his trademark, and his few friends say that he is hard to get along with when he's "in his moods".

However, when not dueling or fighting or what not, Kyoroj is less cynical, and nicer. Smart, clever, and funny, Kyoroj's darker side emerges when embracing the heat of the competition. As the duel or fight continues on, Kyoroj becomes more and more focused while others become more flustered. He thrives at the end-game, dominates in the slow death of the enemy. His deck, then, reflects his sadistic love of drawing out the pain and torturing the enemy, so that at the very end when he deals the final blow, his opponents unquestionable accept defeat.

Background: Kyoroj grew up in the slums, a nobody in a world of nobodies. But he fought and survived with stubborn will, losing the innocence of his childhood to the void, becoming the cynical cold hearted being he is now. He competed among the other street children, fighting for bread, money, and cards, for living in Domino City meant that card dueling was ever important - as much so as food and money was.

He hit the jackpot when he was seven. A lone elilte duelist from the upper classed society had come into the slums for some shady dealings - mainly hiring of assassins, banned cards, and drugs. On his way out, Kyoroj managed to sneak a few dollars and a card from him. That one card, The Gray One, has helped him win many duels. And that was the beginning of a legend.

With that new card, and the small, ragged deck he had before, he emerged as the dominant duelist among the slum children - and became arrogant enough to challenge the adults. He won match after match in the slums - until he came back. The duelist from the upper class, Rodrick.

Rodrick had discovered the missing card, and had returned to the slums to search for it - only to hear that a mere child was defeating many, using an unique card never seen before. So Rodrick found Kyoroj and dueled him.

He won.

Rodrick took the rest of Kyoroj's cards and ripped them all, taking back The Gray One, and leaving him to die. But the spirit of Kyoroj stubbornly would not let go. Bit by bit, he found the pieces of his broken cards and put them back together. One of his more trustworthy friend knew a card collector who could forge the data stored in the cards, and so he replaced the ones that were too destroyed to be fixed.

Kyoroj left the slums in search of Rodrick - and along the way, met the Riders. They challenged him, and he defeated all three of them, taking their cards and their bikes - and from their bikes, he made his bike, Viper.
With Viper, Kyoroj found Rodrick and dueled him for the final time. It was close, but Rodrick had used all of his tricks on Kyoroj and barely won - but now Kyoroj knew his tricks. He beat Rodrick.

Kyoroj took back The Gray One, and now walks the streets of Domino City, strengthening his Pain deck, and vowing pain upon all the 'elite' duelists that destroyed his, his families, and his friend's life.

Eternal pain forevermore.

Deck type: Blinding Pain (Cripple and Damage Deck)

Lead Card:
The Gray One
Wind - LV 4
ATK: 100 DEF: 100
Spirit/Effect: This Card's ATK and DEF is increased by 100 for every card in the opponent's graveyard. If there is less than 5, send all of your opponent's cards to the graveyard. If the opponent has more than 5 cards on the field, send all of them to the graveyard as well. For each card destroyed by this card, your opponent takes an extra 100 damage even if the enemy is in defense mode.

Duel Disk: Corrupted Oblivion
4pv29vc.png

Social Status: Satellite scum.

Motorbike: Viper comes equipped with three huge exhaust pipes that can do more than a normal exhaust pipe. Kyoroj has tweaked his bike so that it's full of little gadgets. Usually painful ones. Notice the twin sets of machine guns at the front?
kadajbike2.jpg

Other: Can pick locks and pockets, wield a knife, climb a vertical wall, and pretty much anything else you would expect street scum (and thieves) to be able to do. He's prepared for whatever you throw at him, physical or card related. And he hates sushi. Sorry, I just had to get that one out.

Quote:
Kyoroj said:
You in pain? Good.

Last edited:

Wasilis

Bronze Member
Sephiroth, why you didn't tell me you finished your template? I just noticed it. >.< And, Akans, everything good except for the card. Firstly, it is broken. Secondly, what is the meaning of "the enemy is in defense mode"? Players aren't played in defense or attack mode. Could you make the monster a little more god-modding, please? : )

PS. The R.p.g. will start shortly, so stay tuned. :D

Akans

&#12300;moriya&#12301;
1) What do you mean its broken?
2) I meant the card XD. Not player.
3) What do you mean "more godmodding"?

Wasilis

Bronze Member
It's okay. Never mind. :)

EDIT: Here is what I mean:
1) It is very good. It has many effects, many good effects and doesn't require a tribute.
2) xD
3) See 1.

I suggest you make it a level 7 monster and have it take a booster of 100 attack points for every card in your opponent's graveyard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back