• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► More Pins from The World Ends With You Coming Soon!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Greetings Players! Were you able to snag some authentic The World Ends With You pins from ARTNIA yet? Whether you were or weren't, you'll be pleased to know that a second collection is on its way!

General Manager Hidemi Matsuzuka of the Square Enix Merchandising Division just revealed the next batch of prototype pins. As you can see, this set includes Love Charge (Pavo Real), Lovely Beam (Natural Puppy), Thunderbolt, LIVE! (Tigre Punks), as well as two exclusive pins from TWEWY Live Remix!

This image depicts prototypes only, but we'll have more information for you available soon!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Do you hear that? That's the sound of an crazy mob descending upon ARTNIA in search of TWEWY pins.

Seriously, they need to make these available elsewhere.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I find it strange that there seems to be such a hype for those pins, it's like if Alf was back in pog form.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I find it strange that there seems to be such a hype for those pins, it's like if Alf was back in pog form.

It's less about the pins (which are really cool and popular, especially if you are lucky and get one signed by Nomura from the gatchapon machine) but more about the implications of making TWEWY merch this late in the game could be. They had the chance to make merchandise for the series years ago, but only now are they deciding to capitalize on the fame around TWEWY? It's kind of odd.

It's been two years since they dropped that "New 7 Days" teaser in Solo Remix, and some months after they terminated Live Remix, and yet we're getting pins. We also have the Death March recording brand new songs and releasing an album with an unknown release date. It could be wishful thinking, but this seems less like "Let's fill the gaps in our merchandise and also let Ishimoto have his fun making music" and more like a build up to something.

Unless Hidemi and the merch staff actually have been bored and decided to do this for fun, and Ishimoto really has no projects to work on to compose for? I find it unlikely because the merch department has a bunch of contracts with other companies and is probably designing merch for their big titles, and...well maybe Ishimoto could be bored...but to go so far as to making new music for/inspired by TWEWY? idk

DefiantHeart

Awards
@Master Spockanort: Or it could just be Square Enix's way of delivering a finishing touch to the TWEWY series before they forget about it. Meh, all these hidden secrets with what the game companies are doing is rather annoying. Still, I do hope they make use of that teaser picture someday with a true sequel, I too found that character interesting as most people did.

As for the pins, I don't really care. I got like two fanmade ones at a anime convention once, and that's enough for me. I loved TWEWY, but I never go fan crazy over anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@Master Spockanort: Or it could just be Square Enix's way of delivering a finishing touch to the TWEWY series before they forget about it.

They would have just dropped it like a dead cow, honestly. For the last few years they only make merchandise to either capitalize on their extremely popular works (like the FFVII Play Arts Kai Variants because FFVII lol) or for new games that are currently in progress (like everything else they've made). They don't just revisit old stuff if they have no reason to.

I certainly can't think of any merchandise made as of late that wasn't done without a related game coming out for the last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back