• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Not Be Featured Heavily At E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Famitsu held an interview with Shinji Hashimoto in the wake of the Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- release date announcement. SQEX.info has translated this interview, which you can read in full on their website.

When asked if it's possible to see Kingdom Hearts III at E3, Hashimoto states that they released a special teaser at the end of Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- and that fans of the series should take a look at that. He does confirm that the team is working diligently on the game, however it is not the right time to release more information on Kingdom Hearts III.

He also cleared up some speculation about Final Fantasy XV and it's presence at E3, saying that a previous response to a question was taken out of context and the game won't show up until later in the year. There will be new information on something other than Final Fantasy XV.

While disappointing to many who hoped to see Kingdom Hearts III at E3 this year, hopefully it gives the team new focus in releasing information in time for TGS.

Kingdom Hearts Insider will be at E3 this year. You can tweet questions to us at KHInsider on Twitter or follow us on Tumblr & Facebook for all the latest E3 and Kingdom Hearts news. 

Missed any of the latest news? Catch up now!

kngdmhrts2

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Not be Featured Heavily at E3.

That's ok with me, what we got in that trailer is more than I was expecting to get anyway for this year's E3.

And a different FF other than XV will be there?...Since Theatrhythm is already known about, I've got a feeling it might be FFXII being remastered since there was such high demand and it dependant on X/X-2's sales.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

About KH III I can't say that I am surprised. I expected it to take a "backseat" during this E3.
Not so about FF XV though as I really think they need to finally get going with that train and provide some more fodder.

About that different Final Fantasy I have mixed feelings, depending on what it is. Something about the new Theathrym? Maybe a Dissidia-esque title for PS3/PS4?
A new expansion for FF XIV?
While I am not that much opposed to the XIII-saga, I surely hope that it won't be anything related to Lightning & co., as then the haters would probably go through the roof with foam before their mouths...

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Really, all I wanted was for them to at least talk a bit about both games, but apparently that's too much for them :/

But as long as they stick to their promise and show it off later in the year, then I'll be happy.

I'm keen for this new information on something other than Final Fantasy though 8)

WaveK89

As I was not expecting KH3 news anyway, this is fine. I was hoping for a little bit of FFXV as it is a bit further in development. Either way, TGS 2014 is in 3 months. I'll be patient.

At least with the news we have, I can really focus on everything else non-KH related at the expo. I really don't see any more news about 2.5 Remix that I won't already know about the games already.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

little disappointed but let hope for news at tgs or maybe e3 next year glad I got to see a teaser for kh 3

Last edited:

Narxus

You know, I'm actually not that bummed about Kingdom Hearts III, but no Final Fantasy XV? Come on, haven't we been kept in the dark long enough?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

New information on something other than FFXV?

Hmm. Is this a surprise announcement? Perhaps there will be a DDD remaster announcement? Or Final Fantasy XII HD?

Or dare I say...

FFVII for PS4?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

New information on something other than FFXV?

Hmm. Is this a surprise announcement? Perhaps there will be a DDD remaster announcement? Or Final Fantasy XII HD?

Or dare I say...

FFVII for PS4?
Neither. But I like the optimism.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I can't wait to hear more about that and Triad Wars.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

Regardless, I'm glad that 2.5 will be getting the spotlight at E3. We already have confirmation of Comic-Con and TGS for KH3. They're probably saving most of their biggest KH3 news for later, when they have more to show of the actual game. Hopefully, we'll get everything revealed for 2.5 so that way all the stuff everyone wants them to reveal here can be revealed later on since they'll have nothing left for 2.5 to reveal.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Figured as much but I don't mind. That 40 seconds of teaser of bishie Xehanort and Eraqus will be enough to last us months lol.

kingsoraful

Awards

I know it's foolish but I kind of still hope for something small. Perhaps tgs will have more scoop.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

I'm okay with this. Nomura did say that KH3 was announced early and as long as we get a steady trickle of information (like the teaser included in 2.5's trailer) holding back is fine by me. The most I'll hope for though is new artwork/costumes, but I wouldn't be heart broken if I didn't get that either.

Last edited:

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

Bug tgs kh2.5 won't be out yet
we're no gonna here about kh 3 untill jump festa

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 Will Not be Featured Heavily at E3

There's no rule saying they can only show one game at a time.....

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

You act like they're incapable of promoting more than one title at a time.

Which they are, on a regular basis but not at events.

Xagzan

Awards
S'cool, I guess. Even that teaser was a surprising amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back