• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada Hikaru's 6th album releasing September 28

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Yesterday, it was announced that Utada Hikaru will release her first brand new studio album in over eight years on September 28th 2016. Utada first went on hiatus from music back in 2011 to travel, but announced in 2015 that she was working on a brand new album following her five year hiatus and made her official return to music earlier this year.

The currently untitled album will include the theme song "Hanataba wo Kimi ni" to NHK drama series Toto Nee-Chan: Fatherly Sister, "Manatsu no Tooriame" from the Nippon Television news show NEWS ZERO, and "Sakura Nagashi" from the 2012 film Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo

Utada's 6th album is currently the #3 best selling album on Amazon (#2 in J-POP) only a day after its release announcement. The album can currently be preordered from Amazon Japan for 3000 Yen ($29 USD).

Source: via Forum User alexis.anagram

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this information to attractive to my sensory process

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
It's a bit of a shame this won't coincide with the KH3 release for that perfect one-two marketing punch a lot of fans were hoping for, but if it means we get her new music sooner I can't complain. Her newest tracks have been just golden so I can't wait to hear what else she has in store.

Hm, then I guess that definitely wouldn't be on this album unless it was a bonus track. I just think it is odd it never got an album release...
Single Collection Vol. 2 actually counts as an "album release" of sorts since the second disc contains an EP-length record of (at the time) all new material, so "Goodbye Happiness" wasn't just a standalone single like "Sakura Nagashi." But yeah it almost definitely won't be on her new album and I'm kind of happy for that; leaves more space for new music!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back