• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Utada's 7th album "Hatsukoi" to release June 27, features KH3 theme "Chikai"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Fans have been waiting for a new Utada Hikaru album since she made her return from her hiatus with the release of "Fantôme" in 2016, but they won't need to wait much longer. Utada will be releasing her 7th studio album titled "Hatsukoi" (lit. "First Love") on June 27th, 2018 in time to celebrate her 20th debut anniversary!

The first single off of the upcoming album "Play A Love Song" was featured in the Suntory Minami-Alps Sparkling water TV commercial and just released today digitally in Japan, and the second single for Japan's popular drama Hana Nochi Hare, "Hatsukoi" will release on May 30th. 

The album will feature 12 songs including "Oozora de Dakishimete" from the Suntory Tennesui water TV commercial, "Forevermore" from the TV drama Gomen, Aishiteru, "Anata" from the film DESTINY Kamakura Monogatari,  and “Chikai” from the long-awaited video game Kingdom Hearts III.

The album, entitled “HATSUKOI (meaning: First Love)” tells the stories of feelings.  It’s written in simple and precise words to express all the unsaid feelings and emotions everyone can relate to with beautifully written melodies that everybody feels warm inside.  The album “HATSUKOI” is filled with inspiring and heartwarming emotions in such a way that only an iconic pop creator Hikaru Utada can magically come across through her creativity and it shows the world that Hikaru Utada keeps on and will keep on staying on her prime for 2 more decades.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III and all things Kingdom Hearts!

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Utada's 7th album "Hatsukoi" releasing June 27, features KH3 theme song "Chikai&

gods i cant wait master spockanot i cant wait for the full album i wonder though if the full song of oath/don think twice will be at e3 i mean e3 is littllay close to the alblum relase date

Knuxpyro56

Re: Utada's 7th album "Hatsukoi" to release June 27, features KH3 theme "Chikai&quot

Wait so which song is the theme for KH3. Chikai or Oath/Don't Think Twice.

This is too confusing for my simple brain.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Re: Utada's 7th album "Hatsukoi" to release June 27, features KH3 theme "Chikai&quot

Wait so which song is the theme for KH3. Chikai or Oath/Don't Think Twice

"Chikai" is the Japanese version. "Oath" is the English translation of that word.

Don't Think Twice is the English version.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards

This is exciting! I’m actually surprised; I didn’t think we’d get the full theme song until just a 2-3 months before release. I don’t want the song to be stale from listening to it on loop before the game comes out. I want it to still be fresh when I turn on KH3 for the first time. Hikari and Passion both released 8 days before the release of their respective games, so that wasn’t an issue. Maybe... nah. Surely, early July would be too early for this game to come out.

At least we should have the release date by the time the album drops, so maybe I can ration out my listens. Lol

ImVentus

Awards

I'm really excited to listen to her new album.

JMT

Awards

And the English Verison, i predict will be out as a digital single prior to the release of KH3, what i predict will be in the Fall

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

And the English Verison, i predict will be out as a digital single prior to the release of KH3, what i predict will be in the Fall
maybe but i wouldn't be surprise if the full songs of oath/don't think twice will be at e3 though i mean e3 is littaly close to the album release date

why can't june be here soon enough

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

UTADA <3

Ugh so much good music coming soon, too.

Utada's album is going to be my top summer jams <3

(Secretly hoping she releases a deluxe album with Don't Think Twice as the bonus track)

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Re: Utada&#039;s 7th album "Hatsukoi" to release June 27, features KH3 theme "Chikai&quot

I am so excited! I wasn't expecting us to get the full version so soon! Between E3, the concert, and now this, June couldn't get any better!

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Am I the only one that thinks it's odd (but kinda cool) that this album is essentially titled the same thing as her debut album, First Love? I guess because it comes full circle after 20 years. And it's her first album with a Japanese title!

I guess we will hear the full version of the theme song in June regardless of what comes outta the concert and E3!

Cakeberry

SO EARLY SO EXCITED

I was already expecting a release date at E3 but this just increased that expectation. It would be amazing if the release date were only a few days after the album release, but very unlikely imo. If I do get the album, I'm gonna avoid listening to the KH3 theme until after I actually get to play the game and witness the opening on my TV.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
SO EARLY SO EXCITED

I was already expecting a release date at E3 but this just increased that expectation. It would be amazing if the release date were only a few days after the album release, but very unlikely imo. If I do get the album, I'm gonna avoid listening to the KH3 theme until after I actually get to play the game and witness the opening on my TV.

I mean I really do doubt we'll get KH3 that early since we only just heard they were working on the English VO, but it would be exciting!

Am I the only one that thinks it's odd (but kinda cool) that this album is essentially titled the same thing as her debut album, First Love? I guess because it comes full circle after 20 years. And it's her first album with a Japanese title!

I guess we will hear the full version of the theme song in June regardless of what comes outta the concert and E3!

It was definitely intentionally meant to be a throwback to her first album's title xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Rumor has it they are dating

No matter who she is dating or married to, she'll always come back to Ringo Sheena

[video=youtube;UPdlfIhzPEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPdlfIhzPEo[/video]

(This is my not-so-subtle way of telling everybody to not discuss her private life because there are a million rumors and it is uncomfortable to have somebody's private life discussed like that)

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Two days after my birthday! She's thinking of me...

SHE'S THINKING OF ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back