• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Donald and Goofy Renders Revealed on Xbox.com

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After five years of being promoted using their original Luminous Engine models, Donald and Goofy can finally be seen in promotional material using their Unreal Engine 4 renders.

Xbox.com have updated the Kingdom Hearts III banner on their website, which shows us Donald and Goofy in all their glory alongside the render of Sora, which has been used in promotional materials since 2015. The renders are currently not available by themselves, but hopefully Square Enix will soon release the renders, alongside missing Disney character renders like Buzz, Woody, Rapunzel, Maleficent and a lot more.

Kingdom Hearts III is coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year. Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that the release date will be revealed in early June, either at the Orchestra Concert or at E3. We recently went hands on with Kingdom Hearts III and our impressions of the two demos will be available very soon.

Thanks to CrazyGioGio for alerting us!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The problem I'm having is they are now clashing with a three year old render of Sora. Sora looks much different to how he did in 2015 so it's a shame that they can't quite get all these renders to match up.

ImVentus

Awards
I really like Donald's pose and Ive gotten used to his unreal appearance. As for Goofy I just found him looking too squishy for some reason. And the pose doesn't help it either. The pose for Goofy is so messy compared to the other two. It looks uncomfortable for Goofy to stand like that, his arms are like tentacles. Are we sure he's not a mutated dog octopus.

That duck pose though, looks really nice.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, Goofy looks kind of out of place. For example, Sora and Donald carry their weapons while Goofy doesn't. His pose also doesn't really match the others. Meh. I like Donald a lot though

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't like that Goofy floats above what should be ground for Sora and Donald, really accentuates how odd he looks.
Donald's cool, always dug the weapon above shoulder pose. His face is a little weird, I don't understand why he's looking down left instead of straight at the camera.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I don't like that Goofy floats above what should be ground for Sora and Donald, really accentuates how odd he looks.
Donald's cool, always dug the weapon above shoulder pose. His face is a little weird, I don't understand why he's looking down left instead of straight at the camera.
That was what I first noticed, just how Goofy does not fit in much like him floating.
And Idk what to feel about adding the older KH3 Sora render, it could have been a newer one that could match more with the other two. Man my OCD is really bad right now. >.<

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Donald's render looks pretty nice, though I wish he was looking towards us like the others are. I'm too distracted by Goofy using the power of jazz hands to levitate to give my opinion and wow, Sora's old render looks really weird now next to these two.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
well, aside from Goofy's positioning, he and Donald look pretty great. i guess they're waiting till E3 to show off Sora's new render.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I had been hopeful, but I think this confirms that Donald and goofy aren't receiving new outfits.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sora, Donald and Goofy also have new action renders that were shown off during the panel, but alas, no pics allowed.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
So I guess that confirms that Donald will continue to look terrible throughout the game. All I am seeing is "white plastic" when I look at him.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Goofy definitely looks better than Donald.

Also since the event is over, I can say that the Woody and Buzz renders we have were cut out from our invitation.

Donald02.png
Goofy02.png

ImVentus

Awards
I wonder why they haven't released the full Toy Story renders yet?
New action renders! I have gotta see those.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I read this through my queer colored glasses as, "New Donald and Goofy Genders Revealed" and got very excited at the myriad of possible interpretations of that sentence.

These renders are nice too, though. Even though it's not the intention of the graphic, in a way it's nice to get a clear comparison between the old Sora render and the improved D&G ones. I like how they managed to still capture their cartoonish look with the updated engine.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah I like the "plastic" look of these two and Mickey, as it makes them look like 2D characters turned 3D, much like we were seeing with Hades and Pete, and less so Maleficent cuz she looked off lol.

I agree my only issue is Sora not being up to date not myself. The way Goofy is positioned doesn't quite match the other 2 I guess, but I dig it still myself. I'm wondering if that one render of Sora with his Keyblade down like the KH1 art is supposed to go between these 2 now or if that one is just extra.

Nice to know they all have action renders too :) I want to see them!

I read this through my queer colored glasses as, "New Donald and Goofy
Genders Revealed" and got very excited at the myriad of possible interpretations of that sentence.

These renders are nice too, though. Even though it's not the intention of the graphic, in a way it's nice to get a clear comparison between the old Sora render and the improved D&G ones. I like how they managed to still capture their cartoonish look with the updated engine.

Omg, I literally did the same thing lol. I was like "whoa whoa what??? But yes please!" And then I reread it and realized lol.

Laurel

Awards
I think they look good, though I wish they got new outfits. Everyone has a new outfit now, including Hayner, Pence and Olette, but apparently these two are forever stuck in the belt/zipper era while everyone else wears plaid. They're going to stick out like sore thumbs.

Zul

Awards
I think Donald just needs a bit of the YX treatment that gave him rougher skin in the trailer. The idea would be to give him a bit more of light, subtle feathery texture to reduce the plastic look a little without changing it too much. I say subtle because Donald is not technically supposed to look feather-textured, but he still looks too reflective and smooth here.

Goofy just needs to hold his weapon and change his pose, then just line them all up properly in the render and you're set.

The only thing that is forever burned in my mind as outright weird is that strange black dot/mole on Sora's older render.

Last edited:

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards

Omg, I literally did the same thing lol. I was like "whoa whoa what??? But yes please!" And then I reread it and realized lol.
When you come to the realization that all the Xehanorts prefer Xe/Xir pronouns.

I think they look good, though I wish they got new outfits. Everyone has a new outfit now, including Hayner, Pence and Olette, but apparently these two are forever stuck in the belt/zipper era while everyone else wears plaid. They're going to stick out like sore thumbs.
Donald Duck would not be caught dead in plaid shorts. Or any shorts at all.
Goofy otoh will probably get a plaid-themed shield at some point.

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
BpfqVL6.jpg
The Kingdom Hearts FB Page posted pictures where you can see the action renders of Sora, Donald, and Goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back