• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Check out the KINGDOM HEARTS Memorial Leaflet!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Square Enix unveiled their new KINGDOM HEARTS III board in the Shinjuku Metro Promenade, which will be on display from June 25th~July 1st. This board depicts notable scenes from the various Disney and Pixar worlds, and also features five "books" based on the ones that appear in the "Stories Connecting to III" summary movies. These books are actually boxes that contain leaflets resembling pages of a picture book. There are 15 different leaflets in total, three for each book, and each one depicts different artwork and text. At the hours of 10:00, 14:00, 17:00, and 20:00 JST, visitors may remove one leaflet from each book to take home. 

For those who are unable to visit this special board in person, you can view a digital version on the official website! Images of the leaflets are also available below:

On the back of each pamphlet is an individual quote, and it seems they are mostly from Kingdom Hearts IIIGoldpanner has translated each quote included on the back of the pamphlets:

Departures

[COLOR=#333333]まったく!僕らがいないとダメなんだから、ソラは [/COLOR] -  "Jeez! Sora's useless without us."

心の繋がりをたどれ -  "Follow the connection of your hearts."

[COLOR=#333333]絆があるからこそ心痛かったんだと思う。心の痛みが絆なんだ[/COLOR] -  "I think you had that heartache precisely because you have a bond. The pain of the heart is what bonds are."

Memories

[COLOR=#333333]おまえは本当によく眠るな[/COLOR] - "You really do sleep a lot, don't you."

女心がわからない子ねぇ、放っておいてあげなさいよ - "Hey there clueless, leave things be. You clearly don't understand the female heart."

[COLOR=#333333]ロクサスが戻れたら、ナミネも戻れるんだよね[/COLOR] - "If Roxas can come back, then so can Naminé, right?"

Twilight

手加減はなしだよ、リア -  "Please don’t hold back, Lea."

[COLOR=#333333]目の下のマーク、消えたんだな[/COLOR] -  "The marks under your eyes disappeared, didn't they?"

アイス、買ってくりゃよかったな -  "I wish I'd bought ice cream."

Dawn

[COLOR=#333333]これで俺とおまえの旅も終わる。。。[/COLOR] -  "Now our journey ends too, yours and mine…"

[COLOR=#333333]それはきっと、リクが大切な人を守る強さを手に入れた、ってことじゃないかな?[/COLOR] -  "That must mean Riku's obtained the strength to protect those who are dear to him, right?"

[COLOR=#333333]自分の感情より誰かを助けたい気持ちの方が前にきてる。不安や孤独を感じる隙がないほどにね[/COLOR] -  "The feeling of wanting to help someone comes before your own emotions. Until you have no room for stuff like anxiety or loneliness."

Darkness

[COLOR=#333333]もし闇に敗北するなんて結末になるなら、俺が書き換えるさ[/COLOR] -  "Who's to say I can't change it, and maybe light will prevail."

つかみ取るだ 究極の鍵、Xブレードを! -  "Take it, the ultimate key, the X-blade!"

[COLOR=#333333]ゼアノートを倒すには悲しみの中で眠る者を再びこの地に迎えねばならない[/COLOR] -  “To strike down Xehanort, we need the individuals King Mickey spoke of in his letter. We must lead them out of sorrow and slumber.”

Last edited:

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I assume the KH3 quotes are the ones on the back?? If so, I have a few interesting ones on mine.

もし闇に敗北するなんて結末になるなら、俺が書き換えるさ (This seems like something Sora might say, considering he likes adding sa to things when he talks sometimes, but it could easily be someone else as well).

まったく!僕らがいないとダメなんだから、ソラは

目の下のマーク、消えたんだな

おまえは本当によく眠るな (I wonder if this is someone speaking to Ven??)

これで俺とおまえの旅も終わる。。。 (oh my god this one scares me. I don't like the implications. Also, if it is relevant at ALL, this one was on the back of Riku's book.)

Some of these are vague enough that I can't tell if they are previous quotes or not. Like, the one referencing the marks under the eyes...wasn't that something Lea already mentioned? But I can't find some of these said previously so maybe they are from KH3 then?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Wow, these are great. These are definitely some of the most iconic quotes in the series. Thank you for putting all of these in order and in a nice organized way!

Page 174 uses that new floral design we've recently seen. And look, symbols for Demyx, Vexen, and Xigbar are shown. Also some of the corners on pages show Saix's weapon.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Absolutely gorgeous. I'd be happy with these leaflets, but a full on book series would be a treat.

I'm thrilled that the books are also giving us our first glimpse of some unheard Kingdom Hearts 3 dialogue. The Kairi / Xion connection that Lea feels is giving me more hurt than the hurt in Re:coded that Mickey neglected to let Sora know about.

Dandelion

baroque bitch
Awards
I assume the KH3 quotes are the ones on the back?? If so, I have a few interesting ones on mine.

もし闇に敗北するなんて結末になるなら、俺が書き換えるさ (This seems like something Sora might say, considering he likes adding sa to things when he talks sometimes, but it could easily be someone else as well).

I'm going over the rest of your post but I noticed that this line was actually what was said by Young Eraqus at the end of the Japanese 2015 trailer. It's saying "If Darkness is to prevail, I will rewrite it." In the english version, this was translated to "Who's to say I can't change it and maybe light will prevail."

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I'm thrilled that the books are also giving us our first glimpse of some unheard Kingdom Hearts 3 dialogue. The Kairi / Xion connection that Lea feels is giving me more hurt than the hurt in Re:coded that Mickey neglected to let Sora know about.
that why Alyson is giving kairi/xion the axel part of lea is going to see xion in kairi god the concert letter make more sense now

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I've found a few more on Twitter.

From Twilight (these 3 are linked in the OP):

手加減はなしだよ、リア

目の下のマーク、消えたんだな

アイス、買ってくりゃよかったな

Departures:

心の繋がりをたどれ

Memories:
女心がわからない子ねぇ、
放っておいてあげなさいよ

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I'm going over the rest of your post but I noticed that this line was actually what was said by Young Eraqus at the end of the Japanese 2015 trailer. It's saying "If Darkness is to prevail, I will rewrite it." In the english version, this was translated to "Who's to say I can't change it and maybe light will prevail."

Ah, good catch. That would be where it is from then. I was aware what it meant, just thought maybe it sounded like something Sora might say since it is a bit like "imma fix this!" haha. But Eraqus works too!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
that why Alyson is giving kairi/xion the axel part of lea is going to see xion in kairi god the concert letter make more sense now
Yep.

This is the canon Kingdom Hearts 3 story:

I didn't notify you but you might've already heard from Yen Sid.
I've come to train to become a Keyblade wielder.
Until now, I've only been waiting for you guys to come back from your journey.
Maybe with this I can at least help out a little.

The magician Merlin can use magic that surpasses time.
Here, we can forget about the flow of time.
Isn't it great?

Lea's training with me.
He apologized to me over and over again.
It's alright,
I'd say,
But he'd keep on apologizing...

At first I was a bit scared but
As we trained together we started talking to each other.
I found out Lea also has a best friend he wants to save.
I felt like, he's not a person that I can bring myself to hate...

Sometimes..... He'd stare at my face
So I'd ask him, what's wrong?
"I don't know, but I feel like it's something I must recall", He'd say...

Your journey is a journey that will help many people
and the people you'll meet from now on
I have a feeling these people you meet will also need your help

The journey might be hard but
Please stay as the cheerful and bright Sora I know
Because your smile, will save many hearts.....

and here's the quotes on the leaflets:

"Don’t hold back, Lea."

"The mark under your eyes has disappeared."

"I should have bought ice cream."

And there's the quote from the video which has someone, no doubt Lea, say he bought three of something for a reason he didn't understand.

Really need a Kairi scenario to be announced, like ASAP pls.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

まったく!僕らがいないとダメなんだから、ソラは

目の下のマーク、消えたんだな

おまえは本当によく眠るな (I wonder if this is someone speaking to Ven??)

これで俺とおまえの旅も終わる。。。 (oh my god this one scares me. I don't like the implications. Also, if it is relevant at ALL, this one was on the back of Riku's book.)

Some of these are vague enough that I can't tell if they are previous quotes or not. Like, the one referencing the marks under the eyes...wasn't that something Lea already mentioned? But I can't find some of these said previously so maybe they are from KH3 then?

Which books are the first 4 quotes from? :O

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
Which books are the first 4 quotes from? :O

Sorry, I'll organize it by book

Departures
まったく!僕らがいないとダメなんだから、ソラは

Memories
おまえは本当によく眠るな

Twilight
目の下のマーク、消えたんだな

Dawn
これで俺とおまえの旅も終わる。。。

Darkness
もし闇に敗北するなんて結末になるなら、俺が書き換えるさ 

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Sorry, I'll organize it by book

Departures
まったく!僕らがいないとダメなんだから、ソラは

Memories
おまえは本当によく眠るな

Twilight
目の下のマーク、消えたんだな

Dawn
これで俺とおまえの旅も終わる。。。

Darkness
もし闇に敗北するなんて結末になるなら、俺が書き換えるさ 

Awesome, thank you! :D

Gosh, I wonder what all of this means... The plot thickens!

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
It feels almost like the days of ASAS/Deep Dive again, analyzing all those quote fragments, haha.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
These pamphlets actually contain canon info that won't be explained in KH3 but you're expected to read them before playing

/s

They're very cool. Always fun to see them touch up KH1 assets in artsy fartsy ways.

Quotes are your average Kingdom Hearts vague bullshit so I won't speculate.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Got a new one, from Dawn:

それはきっと、リクが大切な人を守る強さを手に入れた、ってことじゃないかな?

tamanegi

oh man... that sounds equally as interesting as it is terrifying. can't tell if it's meant to be genuinely ominous or just deceptively so.

so if i'm not mistaken, there's more than one quote for each leaflet right? can't wait to see the rest!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Last one for Departures:

絆があるからこそ心痛かったんだと思う。心の痛みが絆なんだ

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
so if i'm not mistaken, there's more than one quote for each leaflet right? can't wait to see the rest!

Kind of. There are 5 different books: Departures, Memories, Twilight, Dusk and Darkness and each book has its own set of images and one quote on the back page. There are 3 different versions with different pictures on them. So there should be altogether 15 quotes, but since each person is only limited to getting 5 at a time (and only getting randomly selected ones) it might take a bit to sleuth all 15 different quotes down.

絆があるからこそ心痛かったんだと思う。心の痛みが絆なんだ

Ooouch. The suffering continues...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Are there any translations for these new quotes?

Afraid I can't read japanese and I don't trust Google translate, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back