• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Wishes Mickey Mouse A Happy 90th Birthday!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Unveiled at San Diego Comic Con, Square Enix and Disney released a special video highlighting Mickey Mouse's involvement in the Kingdom Hearts series, as part of his 90th birthday celebration.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts III, The World Ends With You and all things Kingdom Hearts

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
His birthday is in November, but there's been a lot of celebration for Mickey's 90th birthday.

A new portrait titled “Spreading Happiness Around the World” was created by animator Mark Henn and released earlier today as well in celebration of his birthday :)

DilcHkFXUAANUjx.jpg

Meow Wow

Awards
Mickey is turning 90 already? Geez, 10 more years and he'll be 100. I don't think many characters have a feat such as that to stay popular that long.
I saw this trailer on Facebook and stupidly watched it three times over before I realized it was looping. XD
__
Long live the Mouse

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Not getting my hopes up for tomorrow.......

Anyway great video. I'm sure Walt never saw his icon becoming a Yoda like warrior in a video game series, lol

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Long live the King! I hope they do more tribute videos for the other iconic characters.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
don't. I think Disney's willingness to push kingdom hearts this much at comic con with new merch and not more revealing footage shows their confidence in the game's popularity. I'm satisfied with everything I've seen tbh, which has been nothing. give the game room to grow with what's already out there and make the rounds on it's established merits, letting fans dissect whats there so the team can improve and learn.

or would you rather everything be shown as you're following breadcrumbs to what will be a very familiar release?

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
don't. I think Disney's willingness to push kingdom hearts this much at comic con with new merch and not more revealing footage shows their confidence in the game's popularity. I'm satisfied with everything I've seen tbh, which has been nothing. give the game room to grow with what's already out there and make the rounds on it's established merits, letting fans dissect whats there so the team can improve and learn.

or would you rather everything be shown as you're following breadcrumbs to what will be a very familiar release?

I agree. Another thing for me is that the game still wasn’t looking complete in some areas like Frozen’s animation and the Tangled voice acting. It’d be nice if the next trailer we see is 100% content that is pretty much what it will look and sound like in the final product. Not saying the whole game should be finished, of course, but the content we see publicly should be, if that makes sense.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Ditto, more than likely it will be Gamescom or Tokyo Game Show for the next Kingdom Hearts III trailer(s). Especially the Latter, as it would be Kingdom Hearts III's first and last official appearance at Tokyo Game Show.

Also, there's is apossibilityy that there might be some KH3 information (world reveals, features, etc..) in the forthcoming Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, and Jump magazines starting around the end of next month onwards prior to the release of the next trailers at Tokyo Game Show, Paris Game Show and Jump Festa and the game's official launch.

It has happened before with some of the other installments before most noticeably Birth By Sleep when they revealed the worlds Deep Space (Lilo & Stitch), Neverland (Peter Pan), DisneyTown, among others being announced/revealed through the Magazine scans before they were shown in the TGS and Jump Festa trailers respectively and when Dream Drop Distance revealed the world's Prankster's Paradise (Pinocchio) and Country of the Musketeers (The Three Musketeers) through the Jump Magazines prior to their first media appearance in the Jump Festa 2012 trailer.

It's wishful thinking but given that both BBS, and DDD didn't start heavily feature information of the game through magazines just 5-6 months before their respective games came out I don't see why wait until Early-Mid October for KH3 information when they can reveal the next KH3 information around Mid-August/Early September.

So far the following Magazines (Famitsu, Dengeki PlayStation, etc..) have revealed the following worlds dedicated and the character renders from their respective worlds (with some of the previously announced worlds featured of course, even though they were only as just images and a brief summary but nothing more (e.g. Olympus, Kingdom of Corona) ):

• July 2017 - Toy Story
  • February 2018 - Monster's Inc.
  • June/July 2018 - Frozen & Pirates of the Caribbean

These four Disney worlds were not only featured in the magazine articles but so far they are the ONLY four worlds to be featured in the worlds section of the KH3 Japanese website and it's expected that the website will update occasionally up until the release of the game. If they want to start showing off the rest of the worlds for the game before release, it's likely that the next worlds that could be featured through the Famitsu, Jump Magazine articles around Mid-late August/early September will be dedicated to:

• Olympus (showing most of the new Character renders for the Hercules characters and more new scenes and information that wasn't shown in past trailers and articles)
  • Kingdom of Corona (Official Character Renders for Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and scenes/information from the world)
    and/or
  • Twilight Town

And around Mid-late September/Early October we will have articles dedicated to the Official reveal of the Big Hero 6 world (unless if it's revealed in next month's Famitsu magazine) and another new world announced (original or a new revealed Disney world along with its characters) from
the Tokyo Game Show event.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
His birthday is in November, but there's been a lot of celebration for Mickey's 90th birthday.

A new portrait titled “Spreading Happiness Around the World” was created by animator Mark Henn and released earlier today as well in celebration of his birthday :)

DilcHkFXUAANUjx.jpg
Ah, I love this!

I saw this trailer on Facebook and stupidly watched it three times over before I realized it was looping. XD
tumblr_nzyj7rifwC1um0safo1_500.gif

I shouldn't laugh though, because I do this regularly.

Me neither. While I would most certainly love it if we had a trailer tomorrow, I'm also fine that it probably won't happen. I'm content with all this new merch being shown off.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Disney: “Hey SE, make us a trailer to celebrate Mickey’s birthday and you’re game I guess...”

Square Enix: *sweats* “Uh...sure?” *throws together a mix of every badass moment and every fail Mickey has ever had but nothing from KH3*

Disney:

Square Enix:

Disney: “it’s perfect”

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I was shocked to learn Mickey was first created in 1928. I wasn't aware that he was even that old. Happy birthday Mickey! I'm also surprised he doesn't have grey hair yet ;)

Megavoltage

Awards
I love this video, shame there's no footage of Mickey from Re: Chain of Memories.
I thought that was really weird. Are they worried about 'spoiling' that Riku is playable in the second story? Because it's ancient news.

Awards
A true icon!

It’s crazy though that the only thing Disney do with Mickey these days are the Kingdom Hearts games...

You’d think for their most beloved character, he’d get a major movie or something. I guess a KH movie would count too if that ever does come to fruition...

TehSoulCookie

Aww, this is so sweet! I never thought that KH would make a video just for Mickey's birthday, but lbr he deserves it. Here's hoping we get to see so, so much more of him in KH3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back