• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► The Solution to Opening the Lock Box in Toy Box Has Been Found

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Kingdom Hearts III boasts secrets galore, as there are a number of different ways to interact with puzzles and move around worlds to find treasure and Heartless. During our time with the extended demo at the Premiere Event, we found secrets like the Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots and Musical Frogs but the one thing that fans have not been able to figure out for the last four months is how to open the lock box around the back of Andy's House.

Thanks to C A L L U K on YouTube, the solution to opening the lock box out the back of Andy's House has been solved and it's actually quite simple! All you need to do is dive off of Andy's roof and Dive Attack the lock box. It will then break apart revealing a large chest that contains an elixir (subject to change in the final release).

Fans have only had a limited time to play the Kingdom Hearts III demo at various events across the globe, but it is very impressive that the solution to opening the lock box took four months to come to light. No doubt Kingdom Hearts III will be filled with more secrets like this, which means the community may need to band together in order to find every secret in the game.

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What I love about this is we know of a handful of secrets and fun things to do in Toy Box, but there's so much more in that world and every other world. It's been a very long time since we've had people working to find solutions to puzzles in Kingdom Hearts games so come January 29th I'm super excited to see people make posts wondering how to do things and providing help and solutions :)

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
This is a really cool discovery! I’m glad there will be extra layers to how we access chests and what not beyond them just being up on a ledge or tucked away in a corner. It’s even better that it involves a prop from the films! These small details make the world feel much more interactive. I can’t wait to see more things like this in worlds besides Toy Box.

Perkilator

Awards
I’m actually a bit disappointed that all this big mystery stuff and the solution is another big chest.

I mean, I’m grateful about seeing what’s in the toolbox at all. It’s better than seeing literally nothing in there, right?

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
I’m actually a bit disappointed that all this big mystery stuff and the solution is another big chest.

I mean, I’m grateful about seeing what’s in the toolbox at all. It’s better than seeing literally nothing in there, right?

In terms of the contents, I’m not passing judgement on that aspect yet since it could be different in the final game. They aren’t gonna program anything too major or simply unusable in the demo. I could even see that housing one of our Classic Kingdom games or at least a synthesis item in the final version.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I think you are overthinking these little hidden treasures. What do you want the game to reward you with if not items?

Meow Wow

Awards
I'm super excited to see people make posts wondering how to do things and providing help and solutions :)

And I'm super exited to read these threads for help once I give up on some of the puzzles.

I'm pretty sure some of the items will include stat boosts, accessories(or variants), and of course normal items. Which brings up an idea. What if there are side quests where in order to complete them, they require certain puzzles like these to gain them and these said items are located across all the worlds?

Megavoltage

Awards
I wonder if this will be a recurring thing, having to jump from the highest point to slam open a treasure chest in each world.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I remember this chest being a mystery, but it's cool to see it solved now. I'm a little surprised no one thought about it sooner. I know the demo is short, and playtime is short, but "big dive hit to open chest" seems like a practical method or at least, to me, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

I think you are overthinking these little hidden treasures. What do you want the game to reward you with if not items?

Keyblades. Weebs use elixirs.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I remember this chest being a mystery, but it's cool to see it solved now. I'm a little surprised no one thought about it sooner. I know the demo is short, and playtime is short, but "big dive hit to open chest" seems like a practical method or at least, to me, it's nothing out of the ordinary.
It seems so obvious in retrospect but so many people, myself include, just couldn't figure it out (I spammed Thunder like crazy) and when you have a 15-20 minute time limit you don't really want to be stuck on something so insignificant as trying to open a lock box.

When the game is out and millions of people are going hands on at the same time, solutions and hidden secrets will all come to light fairly quickly, but it's great that Square had something in a demo that took four months before someone went online and was like "here's how to do it."

SomeKHFan

Awards
I actually like seeing small secrets like this. It makes the worlds seem more fun and challenging with trying to figure out the various puzzles.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Seeing these news brightens my day. Haven't read the whole thing due to my no further spoilers vow, but hearing the demo alone contained secrets and that it took months to figure the solution to one really hypes me up for the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly it is a really refreshing return to all of the hidden little secrets that were in KH1. Solving riddles, finding secret treasures. It’s really the culmination of what the deva hoped KH1 could be 16 years ago.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It looks like they're going for KH2 inspired combat with KH1 style exploration. I'm scared that this game will make the entire franchise look worse by comparison.

Tempo

Awards
i love this. random optional puzzle solving and secret hunting is my favourite thing about kh1. I've been a fan since 2003 and i'm STILL discovering new things about this game. about a week ago i realised the bubbles in hollow bastion can be frozen which led me to another couple chests i'd never found before. and just yesterday i examined the paintings in the hotel hallway and uncovered a puzzle related to them and the clock in the green room. every single time i replay this game i find something new. i can't wait for KH3 to follow suit, it's something the series has been MASSIVELY lacking and it's a big part of why KH1 will always be my absolute favourite title in the entire series.
(second fave is re:coded incidentally)

meep2meep

Awards
I'm sorry, but I'd personally take a free elixir over most treasure box items. Gotta stock up for those secret bosses (especially considering that as of right now summons don't give you invincibility).
Btw do we have any info on the synthesis system yet (assuming Remmy cooking gives us addition buffs ala monster hunter style)

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
What I love about this is we know of a handful of secrets and fun things to do in Toy Box, but there's so much more in that world and every other world. It's been a very long time since we've had people working to find solutions to puzzles in Kingdom Hearts games so come January 29th I'm super excited to see people make posts wondering how to do things and providing help and solutions :)

I've seen a lot of people saying stuff like "Once KH3 is out, the hype train is over :'( " But all I can think of is stuff like this. Think of the absolute tidal wave of content that is going to be produced once the game releases. Beating the main story mode might come and go quickly if you devour the game (like I will) but there's going to be SO MUCH stuff about the game from the community. How-to guides, walkthroughs, speedruns, the inevitable Critical Lvl 1 runs, and so much more. Given the amount of mileage we've gotten out of other games in the series, we are going to be playing KH3 for a LONG time and I can't wait.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm sorry, but I'd personally take a free elixir over most treasure box items. Gotta stock up for those secret bosses (especially considering that as of right now summons don't give you invincibility).
Btw do we have any info on the synthesis system yet (assuming Remmy cooking gives us addition buffs ala monster hunter style)

I’d want both items and synthesis items.

When you cook with Remy, if you do well you get food items that will buff you or give you special stats. If you fail, you get nothing.

It isn’t known how we will get the items for cooking, but they will sure to be farmable. Also there are the pudding Heartless which a few of us on staff believe to be how we get rare cooking items.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
If KH3 is deep and refined, which it ought to be with the long development time, it will be explored and studied for years like KH1 and KH2. People still try new things in those games because the strats are always changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back