• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Man At Arms: Reforged bring Sora's Pirates Keyblade to life

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The blacksmiths at Baltimore Knife and Sword are famous for their "Man At Arms: Reforged" series on YouTube where they recreate iconic weapons from popular media. Some of their most popular recreations include Genji's katana from Activision-Blizzard's Overwatch, Cloud's Buster Sword from Square Enix's Final Fantasy VII, and even Sora's Kingdom Keyblade.

Their latest reproduction is based on the new Pirates of the Caribbean Keyblade revealed in the E3 2018 trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3. The work on this Keyblade required a unique approach because the Keyblade is created almost entirely out of wood, but the team at Baltimore Knife and Sword did an amazing job at bringing this Keyblade to life for the world to see. Check the video out below:

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on TWEWY, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Re: Man At Arms: Reforged bring Sora's Pirates Keyblade to life

I just watched this and my goodness, it turned out absolutely beautiful!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Cool. The Pirate Keyblade is my personal favorite new one after Shooting Star so it's greato see a live action version :D

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Oh man, good to see Man at Arms is still operative. Didn't catch a video of theirs in quite a while.

This Keyblade is quickly becoming one of my favourites, and the fact that thanks to it we'll have friggin' lances in Kingdom Hearts only add to it.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i didnt even know the whole keyblade made entirelly made out of wood

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Gorge.

Those keyblade grips were hilarious. Baloonra is no match for melee in the real world. >8O

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

That is legitimately the sickest thing ever and I am now a firm believer in the stormflag keyblade.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Legitimately this is one of the most gorgeous things I've seen them make. I'd love to see the work on more wood-based weapons to see what kind of detail they could get into them.

Also I'd just take more Keyblades in general haha

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Aside from keyblades I would like to see Man at Arms tackle different weapons in the series. Namely Saix's Claymore or the Dream Sword.

Shinra

Banned
Awards

if I could I'd commission them to remake this keyblade again just to hang it on my wall

Megavoltage

Awards

It looks amazing! And the balloon popping was adorable.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Aside from keyblades I would like to see Man at Arms tackle different weapons in the series. Namely Saix's Claymore or the Dream Sword.

That would be cool. Perhaps even Axel’s chakrams

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

I found it hilarious they killed a Mickey balloon. This Keyblade turned out so well. Definitely one of their best.

It'd take the whole crew to lift Saix's claymore. Speaking of different weapons, I'd love for them to try Demyx's sitar just to see if they'd make it playable.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Didn't one those guys work on the weapons in the actual PotC? How fitting.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I would LOVE to see them make Marluxia's scythe or Lexaeus' claymore, because they'd be up there with the Buster Sword in terms of being incredibly difficult to wield in real life.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

These blacksmiths are always incredibly impressive, and I'm amazed at how they recreated the Keyblade because the only official render we have of it is partially blocked by Sora's head so they would have need to analyse the parts they couldn't see in the gameplay itself.

I would LOVE to see them make Marluxia's scythe or Lexaeus' claymore, because they'd be up there with the Buster Sword in terms of being incredibly difficult to wield in real life.
I would love to try to pick up the Buster Sword, a proper Buster Sword, just once.

I was at Disney recently, cleaning out their storage areas, and for some reason they had the crappiest Buster Sword that I had to trash.

39274462_256518788319035_2097980735414599680_n.jpg

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

These blacksmiths are always incredibly impressive, and I'm amazed at how they recreated the Keyblade because the only official render we have of it is partially blocked by Sora's head so they would have need to analyse the parts they couldn't see in the gameplay itself.

That was my same thought. I was like "There's no standalone render of this keyblade, how are they going to make the full thing?" and then I realized they probably did exactly what you mentioned, and you gotta appreciate the dedication.

I would love to try to pick up the Buster Sword, a proper Buster Sword, just once.

I wonder how much a real Buster Sword made of proper materials would weigh. Most blacksmiths that make replicas craft them in a way that they're intentionally more lightweight. But assuming it didn't immediately snap the handle when you picked it up, what would a Buster Sword made of a solid slab of steel weigh? I've always wondered.

I was at Disney recently, cleaning out their storage areas, and for some reason they had the crappiest Buster Sword that I had to trash.

That Buster Sword deserves an "at least you tried" sticker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back