• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► POTENTIAL SPOILERS: Kingdom Hearts 3 rated E10+ by the ESRB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

With just a little less than three months until the release of Kingdom Hearts 3, the Entertainment Sofware Rating Board (ESRB) has rated the game E10+ for alcohol references and fantasy violence.The description below provides a summary based on the rating board's review of Kingdom Hearts 3, which may contain some POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence

This is an action role-playing game in which players follow Sora and his friends as they battle an evil force. From a third-person perspective, players explore Disney-themed worlds, gain cartoon-character allies, and battle shadowy creatures along the way. Players use key-shaped swords, whimsical magic attacks, and special powers/attack moves (e.g., blasts of water, cartoony blasters) to defeat enemies in frenetic combat. Some sequences allow players to pilot robots or small ships that shoot projectiles at enemies from a first-person perspective. A handful of cutscenes depict off-screen stabbings/impaling of protagonist characters.
Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Thanks to forum user Zip for the tip!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It’s such a fun read right up until the very end. We have seen one character that will go through that, I wonder who the others will be.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
It’s such a fun read right up until the very end. We have seen one character that will go through that, I wonder who the others will be.
will from pirates of caribean rember at the end of world end

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Nomura is seriously trying to snatch our lives. I feel victimized. That said, Will Turner and Flynn both have this happen to them in their stories. But then there’s... you know.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
the thing i owuld like think thay nomura would want to show his charthers being stabbed and have it not be offscreen

ghostwarmen

Awards
Oh man, this is just adding fuel to the hype! So ecstatic to play this sucker!!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeaaaah, I wouldn't call Will or Flynn "protagonists" in the context of Kingdom Hearts, This is most definitely talking about Sora and the other heroes like Riku, Kairi, or Lea.

Hasn't our boy been through enough? Wasn't stabbing himself in KH1 enough?

Darkspawn

Fallen to Darkness
Awards
Yeaaaah, I wouldn't call Will or Flynn "protagonists" in the context of Kingdom Hearts, This is most definitely talking about Sora and the other heroes like Riku, Kairi, or Lea.

Yeah, true. The term would likely refer to the heroes we get significantly attached to over the course of the game. Gosh, I’m nervous.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i dont get why it off screen then if that case then wouldn't nomura want to show then being stab then like he show sora in kh1

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura already stated that Disney put more restrictions on what they can/can't do in KH3 compared to what they could do in previous titles. I'd imagine having a bunch of people stabbing and impaling each other would have gone into a territory Disney wasn't comfortable with. One stabbing is fine, but multiple is more violent.

Gonna copy+paste myself from Twitter: We want to also note that in previous ratings for Kingdom Hearts, they never used "stabbing/impaling”. They said “struck and/or wounded by magical swords” for 2.8, “struck in the chest by a Keyblade” for 1.5, and “sinking a keyblade into his chest” for BBS.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I know Davy Jones isn't a protagonist but the description of "depict off-screen stabbings/impaling" does suggest on an off-screen stab of Will (albeit unconscious) stabbing the Heart of Davy Jones in The Caribbean world unless if they do a KH original death for Jones much like they did it with the other antagonists in previous titles (e.g. Clayton, Shan Yu, The Hydra, Scar, Jafar, The MCP).

I know I'm getting ahead of myself and misinterpreting the description on the OP but it's something worth considering some of you brought up Flynn Rider/Eugene and Will Turner getting stabbed.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I really wouldn’t class the Disney characters as protagonist characters. They’re more side characters, but I’m also not the people behind the ESRB rating so I really have no idea on the specific parts of how they judged this game.

Still, not ruling out the actual protagonists being in big trouble.

Megavoltage

Awards
I'm betting one of the protags will get stabbed by a fully formed kaiblade. Completing this dangerous weapon was a monumental task that took several years, if the bad guys don't actually use it for something it'll seem like a waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back