• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Just got a Gamecube!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Here's my critique on all of the games you're getting.
- Metroid Prime

It's alright, but nowhere near the originals. But hell, it's like, five dollars, so go for it. 8/10

- Zelda: Wind Waker

This is a great game. Some may be disappointed by the graphics, but I loved them. It's a definite buy, and will keep you occupied until TwP. 9.5/10

- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

Quite possibly one of the most original games for the Gamecube. I never got to play much of it, but it's definitely worth the fifteen dollars it costs nowadays. 10/10

- Super Smash Bros. Melee

You'd be considered a freak if you didn't buy this game. 10/10

- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

This is the funniest Mario RPG I've played. It's a great RPG, and was way too underrated. Definitely not only one of my favorite Gamecube games, but also one of my favorite games altogether. 9.5/10

Here's some other games you should be on the lookout for:

-Resident Evil 4
-Resident Evil (In my opinion, 2 and 3 sucked. Just get one and four.)
-Tales of Symphonia
-LoZ: Ocarina of Time: Master Quest (Good luck finding this though.. :\)
-Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (Not as good as the Gameboy ones, but great nonetheless.)

..Other than that, enjoy your Gamecube.

marlousmiracle

For the Future
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah, I know, I really want that. It looks like it's gonna be the first really great one since Ocarina of Time. Although, I'm not too excited about the whole transforming into a wolf thing.

Hey, what about the games I've already thought about buying? Do you all approve or disapprove of those choices?

I aprove of all the game you listed in the first post. You got a good taste in games.
And after reading the other posts I forgot to mention Fire Emblem, F-Zero GX (Extremely furstrating unless your up to the challenge), Tales of Symphonia and Phantasy Star ONline but dont get cause Phantasy Star UNiverse is coming out real soon unless you really wanna get it

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Cloud302 said:
Okay, all this negativity to reply to. Listen up! I didn't even put a penny down in order to get this thing okay?!? A good friend never used his GC, and he said he'd trade me for my GBA SP and some games, which I never even play any more. If you can't realize how much I benefit from that trade, then you're an idiot, and I truly mean that. Not just the GC, but a memory card, two controllers, and the zelda special edition thing with 4 Zelda games on one disc.
And I know it would be smarter to wait and get a Wii or 360, but I don't have the money to do that, and neither do my relatives, the people who give me gifts. And I know that the majority of the games suck for GC, but it does have its jewels. So stop focusing on all the negative, alright? I'm happy that I've gotten a GC. It's rare that I ever get any new systems, so as long as it has a few good games, I'm happy.
Now that you all know this, hopefully only the ones that have positive or helpful things to say will speak, and the others will get the hell out of my face.
Let me get this straight...you have money to buy all these games, but not a Wii? Hmm...

Henskie

I'm Batman
tales of symphonia is a fantastic game for the GC I played it for hours on end you must buy it!

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Sorry, 64 > Gamecube. IMO, though. Just so I don't get flamed by nintendo fanboys. : P

I didn't see any point in buying an entirely new system with slightly better graphics than the 64. Nintendo's just been copying itself anyways.

Henskie

I'm Batman
Sorry, 64 > Gamecube. IMO, though. Just so I don't get flamed by nintendo fanboys. : P

I didn't see any point in buying an entirely new system with slightly better graphics than the 64. Nintendo's just been copying itself anyways.

Dude I have one game that forced me to buy the GC.. it made me despise the 64 and I will never look back.... *shutters at the mere thought of this game*

Ryu

an obscene gesture
In my opinion, the GC has more than enough good games. A lot of them have been mentioned already, though I'd like to put the stress on Tales of Symphonia. And, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Everyone, let's try to keep the mentioning of 'sucky games/systems' to a minimum, and stick to the suggesting of games. Thanks.

Doctor Manhattan

Right Click, Save As
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles,a zany,two man back to back RPG.
gamefly said:
SPECIAL NOTE: For multiplayer gameplay, each player must use a Game Boy Advance system and Game Link cable. The GBA screen will display important information unique to each player, allowing for advanced multiplayer action.

Square Enix brings us Crystal Chronicles, a Final Fantasy adventure with a new otherworldly look and innovative co-operative gameplay. In a world ravaged by a poisonous cloud, your people depend on a protective crystal that needs Mirula Droplets to sustain its healing energy. But these crystal droplets can only be found in a far away dungeon deep under the earth. As part of the Crystal Caravan you will journey across dangerous lands, fight fell monsters, and brave a dark underworld. Crystal Chronicles supports single-player and multiplayer gameplay.
so the game is multiplayer based(it sucks without at least two people)And you need two-four gba's wit that many gba-to-gamecube wires

TerranOvermind

Cloud302 said:
I don't really know much about Eternal Darkness, just that it's supposed to be really good. Can you tell me anything about it?

These guys could probably tell you better than me: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005Q8M4?v=glance

Although it seems like Resident Evil on the surface, it is really much more. Wait till you hear about the sanity meter!

Cloud302 said:
And yeah, I'm a big fan of OoT, and I know it has story connections with Wind Waker. I was dissappointed though to find out that you don't control Link in that one.

No, you don't control the Link of OoT, but you control one of his descendants (just name him "Link" like we all usually do). You see, Wind Waker takes place about 100 years or so after OoT, when Ganon has escaped the Sacred Realm he was imprisoned within.

Cloud302 said:
Okay, maybe I'll rethink getting Sunshine...but would you agree that the 5 on my list are better than Sunshine and should be the priority? Oh, and is Sunshine similar to Super Mario 64?

Sunshine's controls are VERY similar to Mario 64. The Fludd System just adds to Mario's repetoire. Finding new levels works the same way as well. I think Sunshine takes the best of Mario 64 and improves on it to make an immensely enjoyable game that is in many ways better than Mario 64.

As far as your list goes, I think they are very good choices. The only one I don't know much about is Paper Mario (never got around to playing it).

Oh, I forgot about a couple more games from my collection in my earlier list: Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II, and Resident Evil Zero. Good games, but I think the fact that I forgot about them speaks volumes on how they scale with the others.

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Joe

Bronze Member
its cool you got a gamecube, but I would of used the money to buy a wii, it has gamecube games and more you can play

TerranOvermind

Randomizer, he didn't buy the Gamecube. He traded his GBA SP with a friend for it because he doesn't play it that much. He's just wanting our opinion on games to get for the Cube.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Get Pikmin 2. Trust me, that game is great. Not Pikmin. Pikmin 2.

Other games to get:

Tales of Symphonia
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Viewtiful Joe
Soul Calibur II
Metroid Prime
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Warioworld

And if your into old games:

Sonic Mega Collection
Sonic Gems Collection
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Megaman X Collection

Cloud302

In my room playing PS2 (hopefully soon to be PS3)
Let me get this straight...you have money to buy all these games, but not a Wii? Hmm...

No, I'm gonna trade in some old games to get them, and most gamecube games are 10 bucks and less now when you get them used. I don't think a used Wii for less than a 100 dollars will be coming soon, do you?

In my opinion, the GC has more than enough good games. A lot of them have been mentioned already, though I'd like to put the stress on Tales of Symphonia. And, I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes.

Everyone, let's try to keep the mentioning of 'sucky games/systems' to a minimum, and stick to the suggesting of games. Thanks.

Yeah, I've heard good things about Twin Snakes. I'm thinking about getting that one.
And thanks for understanding that all the negative comments are really frustrating.

Oh, and nobody mentioned Tales of Symphonia was multiplayer!!! I found that very interesting, as I have two younger siblings who love the same kind of games that I do. Now that's a must for me...unless you need GBAs to play it multiplayer or something stupid like that. You don't, do you?

Another thing I'd like an oppinion on, he gave me some games with the cube (made the trade even better for me). I want to know if you think I should keep them because they're good, or trade them in/sell them if they're crap. They are:

- Spawn: Armegedon
- Gun
- Pikmin (1, not 2)
- Zelda: Collector's Edition (NOT TRADING THIS IN!!!!!)

One last thing, nobody's commented on my earlier memory card question. So, I have a 4Mb memory card, which most likely won't have enough space for me and my siblings. Should I just buy another 4Mb card, or an 8 or 16?

Henskie

I'm Batman
I would go with the larger size if you plan on playing a lot of different games I only have 2 4s but I really dont play my GC as much as I would like

Henskie

I'm Batman
Let's say, I only get about 10 games or less. Do you think 2 4Mb cards would be enough for me and my siblings to save? If not, should I get an 8Mb, or 16?

Well if all of you have your own saved files and you will over the course of time get more games I would prolly get 16 but if you plan on staying under 10 and you might share saved files then I would get 8

Joe

Bronze Member
originally posted by TerranOvermind
Randomizer, he didn't buy the Gamecube. He traded his GBA SP with a friend for it because he doesn't play it that much. He's just wanting our opinion on games to get for the Cube.
ohh... sorry, need to read more thoroughly then

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Games you should get.

Melee-C'mon, it's just plain awesome. It has all the classic Nintendo characters beating the crap out of each other.

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker-Despite the cartoonish graphics, this is a really good game. The bosses are difficult, and the battle system is awesome.

Super Mario Sunshine-It's the newest Mario game to date, at least until Mario Galaxy comes out. But anyway, this game actually gives Mario a weapon of sorts, so he still has his kickass acrobatic moves, as well as a water blaster. It's a good game.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Tales of Symphonia and Super Smash are like, musts!

Tales is the best RPG on the Gamecube IMO, so if your into RPGs, rush for Tales!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back