• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bruno - The Austrian 'Fashionista'....why do people hold so much reverence for him?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmage-1

Website
www.blackmage-1.deviantart.com
Okay, I've searched far and wide for an answer, but I always come to the same conclusion, Bruno is a controversial person with no shame or dignity, obviously devoid of a morale conscience. I am hoping that I can find someone who thinks along the same lines, or who can provide me an answer as to why people are such big fans of his.

Case in point: His new self titled film, I've seen advertisements on tv, and have noticed some dispicable actions: he insults the defence forces by complaining about the uniform, start controversy about his 'adopted son', and wears minimal clothing in the name of 'fashion'. To name just a few.

His other film, Borat, which I have not seen yet have heard much about, also extremely controversial and portrays the characters as beings with very small intelligence, for lack of a better term.

His appearance on Rove (a talk/comedy show here in Australia): Not only does he convince the host to wear a ridculous and revealing outfit, he also openly talked using foul language about mature subjects, viewed something most personal (I'm not saying any more about that); all in front of the Australian Prime Minsiter who was also appearing as a host on the show. Of course, the PM didn't know about Bruno's appearance until after he was placed in the schedule.

These are but few pieces of evidence of this individual's idiocy, and yet many people are fanatical. What I don't know is why, when it is clearly seen that he is a highly controversial and extremely idealistic person.

So I wish to ask if others share my view of Bruno or if someone can explain why he deserves such reverance?

(And apologies if this is in the wrong forum, this is my first time posting a thread unrelated to Kingdom Hearts.)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Re: Bruno - The Austrian 'Fashionista'....why do people hold so much reverence for hi

Bruno is a controversial person with no shame or dignity, obviously devoid of a morale conscience.

You answered your question with the first sentence.

C

Crossroads

Re: Bruno - The Austrian 'Fashionista'....why do people hold so much reverence for hi

∞;4139443 said:
You answered your question with the first sentence.

Yeah people enjoy that kind of person apparently. And they usually do get away with everything.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!

Learn to take a joke, man. The guy's meant to be funny, not in any way actually insulting. He's just a character who happens to say some things people dislike. So what? Seriously man, if you have nothing better to do than insult a fictional character, you've got some issues. I suggest you remedy them by getting layed.

blackmage-1

Website

Learn to take a joke, man. The guy's meant to be funny, not in any way actually insulting. He's just a character who happens to say some things people dislike. So what? Seriously man, if you have nothing better to do than insult a fictional character, you've got some issues. I suggest you remedy them by getting layed.

While you do raise a point about it only being a joke, youthful people can take jokes pretty far.I'm actually just concerned on the effect that he's having on young teenagers; apparently alot of his fans are around 14, 15 years old. I mean they're at an impressionable age, and his character can be highly influential. Pretty much young kids and young teenagers try to mimic what they have seen on television. And given what we've seen on television lately...it's pretty concerning.

Anyway, I just wanted to see other people's thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

His appearance on Rove (a talk/comedy show here in Australia): Not only does he convince the host to wear a ridculous and revealing outfit, he also openly talked using foul language about mature subjects, viewed something most personal (I'm not saying any more about that); all in front of the Australian Prime Minsiter who was also appearing as a host on the show. Of course, the PM didn't know about Bruno's appearance until after he was placed in the schedule.
Lighten up, that shit was great.

I was really disappointed that Bruno didn't stick around and chill out with the PM. The two of them on the couch would have been gold.

Bruno is just Sacha Baron Cohen's way of sending up stereotypes. His humours not for everyone, but I cried during Borat. You don't like it, fine. Move on and enjoy the things you do like.

very differentiable
Awards

Comedians are just a mirror of society. A phrase that's fitting, and evidently true. In this case it shows that the TC obviously never heard of satire or that he has no sense of humor.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better

no shame or dignity, obviously devoid of a morale conscience.

You're wondering why people like that? Well clearly there's a whole cult of that right here....

C

Charlie

Okay, I've searched far and wide for an answer, but I always come to the same conclusion, Bruno is a controversial person with no shame or dignity, obviously devoid of a morale conscience. I am hoping that I can find someone who thinks along the same lines, or who can provide me an answer as to why people are such big fans of his.

Case in point: His new self titled film, I've seen advertisements on tv, and have noticed some dispicable actions: he insults the defence forces by complaining about the uniform, start controversy about his 'adopted son', and wears minimal clothing in the name of 'fashion'. To name just a few.

His other film, Borat, which I have not seen yet have heard much about, also extremely controversial and portrays the characters as beings with very small intelligence, for lack of a better term.

These are but few pieces of evidence of this individual's idiocy, and yet many people are fanatical. What I don't know is why, when it is clearly seen that he is a highly controversial and extremely idealistic person.

So I wish to ask if others share my view of Bruno or if someone can explain why he deserves such reverance?

(And apologies if this is in the wrong forum, this is my first time posting a thread unrelated to Kingdom Hearts.)

Personally, I find Bruno hilarious. Including with the previous stage act of Borat.
Why take something so satirical so seriously?

It's like believing that people in 1st world society would actually cut up babies and eat them to save on the cost of food.

Passion

Silver Member
Awards

I'm actually just concerned on the effect that he's having on young teenagers; apparently alot of his fans are around 14, 15 years old. I mean they're at an impressionable age, and his character can be highly influential. Pretty much young kids and young teenagers try to mimic what they have seen on television. And given what we've seen on television lately...it's pretty concerning.

So lemme get this straight.
You've seen a 14/15 year old kid mimicing Borat or Bruno?
I well I haven't! I haven't seen a teen go out with a chicken in their bag, or trying to steal Pam Anderson, or even purchasing a bear for protection against jews. And I haven't seen a teen do the things Bruno has done.
Its a joke. I'm in this age category that you consider impressionable... And this case is not as bad as you see it to be.
There are worse things in this world that are going on and THIS isn't one of them.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

You're wondering why people like that? Well clearly there's a whole cult of that right here....
FUCK YEAH.

KHI's all about the sex and drugs. That's what life is all about, man. Fuck that Jesus shit.

C

Charlie

Not enough people have enough sex here to support that statement though.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

You know Sacha Baron Cohen is Jewish right?
He used to fight against racism back when he was a student.

There was some programme on tv last night about him and whatnot.

blackmage-1

Website

Okay, thankyou for shedding some light on this topic, I see it is supposed to be one big, big, extreme joke.
Thanks everyone for replying.
I'll find someone to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back