• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I am broken.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I was out walking with my cousin in the snow and I slipped on some ice; my ankle gave a heart-wrenching crunch, I fell over and I had to practically crawl home. My ankle is the size of Aqua's boobs and even though I have taken two Ibuprofen tablets, submersed my ankle in cold water, put pain-relief cream on and put a sock on, my broken ankle is still screaming at me. I cannot get any pain relief until tomorrow when the doctor makes a house visit.

Anyone know anything that will relieve the pain more? How to walk on it? Etc?

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I really, really think you should go to the hospital, if it's really broken. Try to get crutches, don't put your weight on that ankle, it'll only make it worse.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
D: Oh jeebus, that sounds painful.

From what I've heard/seen, It's suggested that you don't walk much at all for a day or two. Once the swelling begins to go down, people find themselves focusing their weight on the inside of the foot, depends on the break though. Putting weight on the heel or ball of the foot leads to extreme discomfort since it applies a lot more pressure on the ankle itself instead of the rest of the leg.

;w; Hope you get better soon.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I really, really think you should go to the hospital, if it's really broken. Try to get crutches, don't put your weight on that ankle, it'll only make it worse.

I would go to the hospital right now but it would only cause more harm than good: it is extremely icy and snowy, the car is frozen up and A&E would make me wait for four or so hours. Doctor's visiting tomorrow to check up on it, which is all we can do so far.

D: Oh jeebus, that sounds painful.

From what I've heard/seen, It's suggested that you don't walk much at all for a day or two. Once the swelling begins to go down, people find themselves focusing their weight on the inside of the foot, depends on the break though. Putting weight on the heel or ball of the foot leads to extreme discomfort since it applies a lot more pressure on the ankle itself instead of the rest of the leg.

;w; Hope you get better soon.

Now I understand why people say that the feet hurt the most when injured. ;w;

It's a good job the bathroom is only a short distance from my bedroom, but it's still an inconvenience nonetheless, especially since I'll want to go downstairs to make a cup of tea or toast. My grandparents would do it for me but they're both suffering from arthritis and I don't want to aggravate that. Even when I move the ankle a little bit, it's horrendously painful. I just don't want to have to resort to domperidone this time. :(

Thank you. <3

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
aww that sucks :( i have broken my ankle before and it is really painful...it seems like you are doing everything right, but the best thing for me was to just use crutches

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
But then how am I supposed to go to the bathroom? D:

Well its not like mom and dad haven't changed diapers before, it'll be like old times.

But in all seriousness, I'd just stay off of it and try not shifting much at all. Its all I can recommend, sounds like you've tried everything.

S

Shadow Soldier

But then how am I supposed to go to the bathroom? D:

Bottle.

I suggest Pain Killers. When I had my surgery, I was in IMMENSE pain. Went to the drug store, bought some Tramacet's. And I felt no pain. Mind you the side effect is you're basically stoned.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Definitely get it checked out. If it's broken, then it needs to be properly dealt with ASAP.

The doctor should be able to give you better advice than most of us. All I can suggest is drinking some good ole' alcohol, preferably rum or whiskey. That should numb the pain some. Of course, you don't need to get drunk, but a few swigs should at least dull the pain.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
ththSoraFISHYFACE-1.jpg

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Update: my shoulder is fractured.

I think I really should just give up.

Also, doctor didn't come so I've spent the day in bed, popping painkillers like balloons and mourning for poor old me. Wrapped my ankle in a bag of frozen peas and am trying not to move my shoulder too much. When the ice starts to relent (ain't happening soon), my pops is going to take me to hospital. I can't live in this much pain. Please comfort me. ;w;

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
D: How'd you manage to fracture your shoulder too? Or did it happen when you fell and you didn't realize until now?

Horrid home-visit doctors... The Good ones come early, all the other ones are late. A hospital visit sounds like the best option for you now, considering all the pain you're in. And ignoring the fractures for too long can lead to serious consequences [for example, my aunt didn't have her foot checked out soon enough after a lawn mower accident and since then, the bones are crooked]. Even if you need your parents to drag you to the car, I think you should go now.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My friend says rotating energy helps. Sounds fishy and lame, I know, but uh, I've seen it work, so XD;
Way it happened is that you run your hands over the injured place (if you can't reach it, someone else then) and just start "rolling" around the bad vibes, sort of like you would dough when you kneed it (not... you know, kill the spot. no actual contact is needed either, really). And you roll it around until it gets "bigger" and then you throw it away, cast it aside, and repeat the process.
It takes a lot of faith but it does work. She sprains her ankle like, every few months, and the times she does this trick during heal faster.

Sure, long shot, but it sounds like you're desperate, so :\

Hope the docs can help better than voodoo treatments though @w@;;; you take care now, Sol-chama <3

elveina

Dang. Here I was thinking the thread title was going to be figurative. o_O I feel for you. Sounds like it's epic timing too with the weather. We've got a pretty decent blizzard going around here right now as well, but damn. The way you're sounding, I'd be tempted to venture out anyway. Is anything getting through? Could you possibly get an ambulance out? I dunno if it would quite qualify for that, but it really is critical to get fractures set promptly. My Dad ignored a fractured wrist and they eventually had to re-break it and set it again to get it to heal right and even now he still has problems with it occasionally.

Good luck, and hope you start feeling at least somewhat better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back