• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts - One of the Top 10 Best Series at TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Kingdom Hearts is a big series for Square Enix. With over 14 million copies sold worldwide, the series is the rare action RPG that's as popular in the US as it is in Japan. Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and 358/2 Days have each surpassed 1 million copies worldwide, and Birth By Sleep has sold over 830,000 units across its two versions.

With a 3DS release on the way and ever-present rumors of Kingdom Hearts 3, the franchise still has support and a die-hard fanbase to back it up. Kingdom Hearts doesn't have the sales numbers of Final Fantasty or Dragon Quest, but thanks to its crossover nature and real-time combat, the series is successful enough to have a place on store shelves.

From IGN.com

Japan's Biggest Gaming Franchises - Games Feature at IGN

Not bad for DDD

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Yet it's still a overrated series as it stands right now.

For some reason I doubt it as a Top 10 maybe Top 20

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
He's entitled to his own opinion man. Odds are, if he truly hated KH, he wouldn't spend his free time in the KH section.

I could understand if he was in the other sections, but he is here.

billyzanesucks

He's entitled to his own opinion man. Odds are, if he truly hated KH, he wouldn't spend his free time in the KH section.

I could understand if he was in the other sections, but he is here.
He said 'overrated', insinuating that other people's opinions are wrong/irrational.

Ulicies

Kingdom Hearts is not overrated. CoM is still my favorite game simply based on the GBA version's nostalgia (obviously my first game). Each game caters to a slightly different audience, slowly growing the fan base as a whole.

Ulicies

Wait a second - he mentioned Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep as being the top-selling games. How then did the franchise sell over 14 million?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wait a second - he mentioned Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, 358/2 Days, and Birth By Sleep as being the top-selling games. How then did the franchise sell over 14 million?

Kingdom Hearts - 5,499,450 units
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - 549,244 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 1,759,824 units
Kingdom Hearts II - 3,899,910 units
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - 257,974 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - 1,750,332 units
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - 748,953 units (North America; was bundled in with KHIIFM+ in Japan; never released in PAL)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 1,720,964 units
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix - 148,785 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - 611,193 units

That is roughly over 14 million units. (Actually over 16mil units but whatever)

Ulicies

^ Lol and to think that all the haters crap on the handheld games... I for one grew up with them.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Jesus KH at 5.5 million units... That's awesome

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Jesus KH at 5.5 million units... That's awesome

Some people see that and think "mainstream". Then I point them in the direction of the sales of franchises like CoD and Halo. Overrated my ass, reviewers don't even overrate them. With the exception of KH, and BBS in a few cases, they usually score between 7 and 8 out of 10.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories - 748,953 units (North America; was bundled in with KHIIFM+ in Japan; never released in PAL)

And SE still has yet to even release the FMs; Isn't this enough to validate FMs to come over here? Seriously.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yet it's still a overrated series as it stands right now.

For some reason I doubt it as a Top 10 maybe Top 20

Kingdom Hearts - 5,499,450 units
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - 549,244 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories - 1,759,824 units
Kingdom Hearts II - 3,899,910 units
Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix + - 257,974 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days - 1,750,332 units
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - 1,720,964 units
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix - 148,785 units (only released in Japan)
Kingdom Hearts Re:coded - 611,193 units

That is roughly over 14 million units. (Actually over 16mil units but whatever)

You were saying? If Kingdom Hearts was overrated, why does it have such a large fanbase? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, in your opinion, Kingdom Hearts is underrated. But in mine, it isn't. But let's get back on subject instead of berating Shinjuku for stating his mind.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't even think KH is popular enough to be overrated, which is where my response came from. It's nowhere near as mainstream as he seems to think it is. Yes, it's popular, but far from being overly so.

They're overrated by the people who play them?

A game doesn't have to be the size of Halo to be overrated.

I'm not making any statements on how good KH is btw, just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back