• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why is there a chosen one?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
hmmm okayyyy that makes sense but let me ask you this then.

In KH1 the fourth Journal entry of Riku says

"When Kairi lost her heart, Riku allied himself with Maleficent to save her. Riku was actually the rightful master of the Keyblade, but once he chose darkness over light, the weapon chose Sora instead. Ansem exploited Riku's weakness of heart and possessed him."

Why did the weapon need to choose anyone? Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why must the keyblade choose Sora hence he being the chosen one?

I know that but... well look at post #15 that is where I have been able to really ask my question

I don't think it's ever explicitly said why the Keyblade had to choose someone, it just looks for someone with a strong heart to wield it. The KK had only been in the hands of two wielders, Sora and Riku. After experiencing both it new that Sora was the stronger of the two so it stayed with him.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I know that but... well look at post #15 that is where I have been able to really ask my question

My understanding is Riku fell to darkness (Not the same as becoming a heartless, just so not to confuse anyone), Sora was nearby when this happened. Seeing as Sora hadn't fallen to darkness, yet the Keyblade that was supposed to be Riku's decided Sora was more worthy to weild it. Think of it as Sora basically, but unintentionally confiscated Riku's Keyblade. Riku took it back when his heart was stronger than Sora's for that instance (Implying the darkness at first, made Riku's heart weaker). But, Sora then stole it again when his heart was stronger. This was explained by Ansem SoD met with Riku after Sora took his Keyblade again. Does any of that answer your question ^_^?

Ruran

Awards
I don't know if this quote will help any but...

Ultimania said:
Question: About Riku being the rightful owner of the Keyblade - why is it that Sora had the Keyblade first?

Nomura: That part is also a bit vague. In the Destiny Islands when Riku is swallowed by the darkness, there's a sparkle of light, and next comes the scene where Sora first gets the Keyblade, right? In my setting, the darkness wrapping itself around those two is the darkness of Riku's heart. At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't really get what the problem is...the term "chosen one" refers to any keyblade wielder.
Every keyblade wielder is a "chosen one", chosen by the keyblade as was always said.

Dawn Rebirth

I don't really get what the problem is...the term "chosen one" refers to any keyblade wielder.
Every keyblade wielder is a "chosen one", chosen by the keyblade as was always said.

I think he's questioning why an inanimate object like the Keyblade can choose someone at all :/ As it's been explained why a person comes to weild a Keyblade (Though it provides a 'current plot hole' on it's origin). But, Riku's Keyblade chose Sora when Riku fell to darkness. I believe that's the question, anyhow.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
First of all, there is no "chosen one" in Kingdom Hearts as a universal notion, like a fated hero of any sort. Anyone who wields the Keyblade is a chosen one of the Keyblade. In Kingdom Hearts, Sora is referred to as the "Keyblade's chosen one" because the Keyblade chose him. All Keyblade wielders are chosen by the Keyblade first and foremost: the Rite of Passage is ceremonial more than anything else.

Secondly, the Keyblade chose Sora because Riku's heart was weakened with darkness. The reason Riku can wield one now is because he has managed to bring the darkness in his heart under his control (at least, for the most part). Remember, darkness is a far more dangerous element for the heart than light; while too much light carries its own risks for a weak heart, darkness's nature is to consume and obstruct. Riku's heart, throughout KH1, was in danger of falling into darkness; the Keyblade recognized Sora's strong light and revised its choice of wielders. Remember, Aqua recognizes Sora as being a potential candidate for the Keyblade in Birth By Sleep; however, she does not perform the Rite of Passage for him because she does not want to put him through the same trials she was facing at the time.

Also, it isn't clear whether this would affect the outcome directly, but speculatively speaking, the Kingdom Key is the Keyblade of the Realm of Light. Riku's heart, being tainted by darkness, may have been in direct contrast with the nature of the Kingdom Key itself. Most likely, the results wouldn't have been any different if he had been meant to inherit the Kingdom Key D, because the issue was primarily one of resilience; his heart was vulnerable and unsuited to Keyblade wielding at the time. Still, it may have been a contributing factor.

twilight blade13

hmmm I think I get it. However what I still dont understand is why did the keyblade appear at that time? I mean Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why don't two keyblades come? Unless...Is the keyblade that Sora gets the Keyblade from the Realm of light cause then that wouldmake sense especially with the quote Ruran posted. Therefore since Destiny Islands (which was the place where Riku the chosen wielder of the Keyblade of light lived) was in danger, the keyblade appeared and since Riku accepted the darkness it rejected him and since the keyblade (of the realm of light) sensed Sora's light (and since he can technically wield a keyblade because of ven) it went to him as Nomura said "At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora."

I guess what I am saying is that there should have been two keyblades cause Sora and Riku can both wield keyblades HOWEVER that one keyblade appeared as it was the keyblade from the realm of light and it had to go to its chosen one when it sensed they were in danger.

I THINK I GET IT :D

Last edited:

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
It was originally Riku's, that's why it had to choose. Notice how it changed from one to the other in the game? There was just one between them at the time. Only now do they both have their own.

But that doesn't add up with Riku's Soul Eater turning into Way to Dawn. That would mean that he technically has two Keyblades and that doesn't make too much sense because in order to have two Keyblades (just a theory) you need to have a heart wth the strength to handle two.

Dawn Rebirth

hmmm I think I get it. However what I still dont understand is why did the keyblade appear at that time? I mean Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why don't two keyblades come? Unless...Is the keyblade that Sora gets the Keyblade from the Realm of light cause then that wouldmake sense especially with the quote Ruran posted. Therefore since Destiny Islands (which was the place where Riku the chosen wielder of the Keyblade of light lived) was in danger, the keyblade appeared and since Riku accepted the darkness it rejected him and since the keyblade (of the realm of light) sensed Sora's light (and since he can technically wield a keyblade because of ven) it went to him as Nomura said "At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora."

I guess what I am saying is that there should have been two keyblades cause Sora and Riku can both wield keyblades HOWEVER that one keyblade appeared as it was the keyblade from the realm of light and it had to go to its chosen one when it sensed they were in danger.

That logic leaves a question, can the Keyblade of a realm split into two? Roxas is weilding both Sora and Ven's Keyblades, and both were in KK form, with KK keychains.

Awards
But that doesn't add up with Riku's Soul Eater turning into Way to Dawn. That would mean that he technically has two Keyblades and that doesn't make too much sense because in order to have two Keyblades (just a theory) you need to have a heart wth the strength to handle two.
There was just one Kingdom Key between them, I mean. The Soul Eater wasn't always a keyblade, I think... I might be wrong, though. Sorry...

Ruran

Awards
hmmm I think I get it. However what I still dont understand is why did the keyblade appear at that time? I mean Sora and Riku can wield keyblades so why don't keyblades come? Unless...Is the keyblade that Sora gets the Keyblade from the Realm of light cause then that wouldmake sense especially with the quote Ruran posted. Therefore since Destiny Islands (which was the place where Riku the chosen wielder of the Keyblade of light lived) was in danger, the keyblade appeared and since Riku accepted the darkness it rejected him and since the keyblade (of the realm of light) sensed Sora's light (and since he can technically wield a keyblade because of ven) it went to him as Nomura said "At the moment when Sora enters that darkness, the light you can see is the light of the heart. Sora, trying to help Riku, struggling in the darkness, touches that light and temporarily the Keyblade goes to Sora."

I think the Keyblade appeared at that moment because that's when it was really needed. Up till then DI had always been safe from the darkness. When Sora reaches out to Riku in the darkness he really wanted to help Riku and I think the KK sensed his desperation so it appeared.

I guess what I am saying is that there should hae been two keyblades cause Sora and Riku can both wield keyblades HOWEVER that one keyblade appeared as it was the keyblade from the realm of light and it had to go to its chosen one when it sensed they were in danger.

Gaining the ability to wield a Keyblade doesn't always guaranty a Keyblade. Up to that point even though both Sora and Riku had the ability, only Riku was really chosen and Sora wasn't officially chosen until he got to HB and the KK switched for good. After that Riku had to wait a while for another Keyblade to chose him again.

:D

twilight blade13

That logic leaves a question, can the Keyblade of a realm split into two? Roxas is weilding both Sora and Ven's Keyblades, and both were in KK form, with KK keychains.

That's a good point. Can anyone answer that cause that is now my new question haha I have to say this one of the reasons I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS!!!

But seriously does anyone know anything that could possibly help explain that?

Dawn Rebirth

But say a person has a Keyblade, and they defeat another weilder of one or inherit one from other said weilder. Does that by magic make said weilder's heart anymore stronger than it already was? Or would taking that Keyblade be too much for that person, and slowly send their heart dwindling towards destruction if not immediately?

Ruran

Awards

That's a good point. Can anyone answer that cause that is now my new question haha I have to say this one of the reasons I LOVE KINGDOM HEARTS!!!

Keyblades need a "base" to from it self around so it can materialize (it's explained in an old interview I have to dig up) and my pet theory is that the KK has two bases which allows it to "split" but theory is theory.

Awards
I'm probably wrong, but I assumed it was his and Xion's keyblades. Afterall, they can both wield the kingdom key at the same time. Her's was implied to be fake, though, so... I'm not sure. Ven never had a KK, though, so it makes since that it was Xion's keychain, I think...

twilight blade13

I think the Keyblade appeared at that moment because that's when it was really needed. Up till then DI had always been safe from the darkness. When Sora reaches out to Riku in the darkness he really wanted to help Riku and I think the KK sensed his desperation so it appeared.

Gaining the ability to wield a Keyblade doesn't always guaranty a Keyblade. Up to that point even though both Sora and Riku had the ability, only Riku was really chosen and Sora wasn't officially chosen until he got to HB and the KK switched for good. After that Riku had to wait a while for another Keyblade to chose him again.

:D

Right Right! Thanks heaps for your help. That really does make sense. However another question has formed from that. How does Riku gain his keyblade? His keyblade (originally soul eater) is not the keyblade from the realm of darkness? So why did it choose him? Also I can't remember exactly but doesn't that keyblade first appear in KH:COM without explanation of how he got it??

Dawn Rebirth

I'm probably wrong, but I assumed it was his and Xion's keyblades. Afterall, they can both wield the kingdom key at the same time. Her's was implied to be fake, though, so... I'm not sure. Ven never had a KK, though, so it makes since that it was Xion's keychain, I think...

Was it not confirmed that Roxas gained Ventus' Keyblade through some means? Why would Roxas switch out his Keyblade for Ven's? Though Riku remembering Xion for a short period of time should imply that Oblivion was her Keyblade. I can't tell if this is a plot hole or a lack of understanding :/

Samhain

Bronze Member
the journal is wrong completely

the KK didnt leave Riku because his heart went to darkness, the KK left him because his heart got weaker not because of darkness. MX shows with his skill wif the keyblade that light and darkness have NOTHING to do with wielding the keyblade. its how strong ur heart is. riku in kh1 the KK left him because he started giving up on his heart

"your heart? what can that weak little thing do to for you anyway"

Ruran

Awards

Right Right! Thanks heaps for your help. That really does make sense. However another question has formed from that. How does Riku gain his keyblade? His keyblade (originally soul eater) is not the keyblade from the realm of darkness? So why did it choose him? Also I can't remember exactly but doesn't that keyblade first appear in KH:COM without explanation of how he got it??

You're welcome. :3

Soul Eater isn't a Keyblade, just a dark sword. Riku wouldn't need the KK if SE was a Keyblade.

This might also help a bit:

Ultimania said:
There is still a lot of mystery about the Keyblades I think. The "Light side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that Sora wields, the "Keyblade of people's hearts" made from the Seven Princesses' hearts for Riku, and the "Dark side, heart of worlds Keyblade" that the king obtained in the realm of darkness, presently these 3 types can be confirmed. Could you please explain things a little further?
Keyblades have 2 different constitutions, either from the Light side or the Dark side. This is merely the exterior key, the inner key can act from either side and its abilities won't change. There is no clear division between good and evil. Usually the door to each world is closed and the keyhole itself is not visible. By bringing a Keyblade nearby, the Keyhole appears. But the lock is not actually closed itself. Indeed, the Heartless were able to find the door and easily open it and in this way steal hearts. In the previous game, Sora turned the locks and closed these doors.

Furthermore, about the opened door of the integrated heart of worlds "Kingdom Hearts" itself, to prevent the outflow of the darkness within hearts the intent and reasons were different so the Keyblade was used for a different purpose. In order to work, the door needs to be closed from both the Dark side and the Light side and both a dark and light realm Keyblade are needed. The King needed a Keyblade opposite from the realm of light Keyblade that Sora had, so he went to the realm of darkness to obtain one.
The Keyblade constructed from the Seven Princesses' hearts that Riku obtained in the previous game allowed for the Keyhole in Hollow Bastion to appear. For the plan to cause darkness to overflow from hearts, the special hearts held by the Princesses were used to artificially make this Keyblade. So it is different from a proper Keyblade. There are further suggestions that this Keyblade is artificial as well.

Could you please give an explanation for the new Keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the Keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a Keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one Keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's Keyblade are naturally the same type of Keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its OK to think there is some deeper meaning there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back