• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is YMX Really Evil?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Prince

Every time I watch the trailer I think that YMX doesn't seem that evil to me. Does anyone think that maybe YMX is actually the small amount of Master Xehanort's Light given physical form? I don't know why, he just doesn't seem that evil, though he does seem kinda dark, to me.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Uhmm, noo. How come Vanitas appears right beside him for example? There's not really much of anything to suggest his non-evilness.

Fallen Prince

Well, like I said, it's just an opinion. And for all we know Van is Ven's darkness so for all we know one of MX "seeds" was planting a part of his heart in Vanitas, but Vanitas was darkness so there could remain the possibility that a part of MX's light was connecting to Vanitas as a back-up plan.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
Well, like I said, it's just an opinion. And for all we know Van is Ven's darkness so for all we know one of MX "seeds" was planting a part of his heart in Vanitas, but Vanitas was darkness so there could remain the possibility that a part of MX's light was connecting to Vanitas as a back-up plan.
I realize that's your opinion, but you did kinda start a thread saying "Is YMX Really Evil?".

I don't understand what any of that meant. So MX plants a seed in Vanitas so that if things ever go astray he can just hit up Van and be "like yo whats good on that from before"? I dunno mann, and so the YMX who has light in him is going to go to Vanitas somehow and get his dark heart back? Explain it more then cause I'm not quite following it.

inverse K-blade7

Actually, I didn't pick up straight evil vibes from YMX either. I think it may end up being like Recoded, where the villain is just trying to test the heros

Fallen Prince

I don't understand what any of that meant. So MX plants a seed in Vanitas so that if things ever go astray he can just hit up Van and be "like yo whats good on that from before"? I dunno mann, and so the YMX who has light in him is going to go to Vanitas somehow and get his dark heart back? Explain it more then cause I'm not quite following it.

What I meant was that we all that MX had "seeds" planted and a lot of people think that Vanitas may have been one of those seeds. I'm wondering if MX gave Vanitas a piece of his heart to hold onto in case something went wrong, but since Vanitas was a heart of pure darkness, maybe the piece of MX that was placed in Van was either light that was absorbed and hidden in the depths of Van's heart. That light could be there for one of two reasons:
1/MX made a mistake and the light was what ended up connected to Vanitas or
2/Since Vanitas was pure darkness, MX had to place light in his heart to avoid him putting a piece of his darkness in Vanitas, only for Van's heart to be too dark and absorb the MX part, causing a kink in his plans.

It's just me thinking random thoughts, I just really don't feel like he's evil, since he seems to reveal himself early on, doesn't attack either Sora or Riku (unless you count kicking Mr. Mew), and I'm pretty sure he wasn't with the rest of the Xehanorts in the trailer when they were all gathered. I'm just brainstorming lol

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Well who else would be the villian? For all we know, YMX has been pulling the strings all along, and MX was just a bonking pawn... Mind screw....

inverse K-blade7

I understand what you're saying, but is he still not the villain then?
He would still be the antagonist, yeah. But what we're discussing is whether or not he's evil like every other incarnation of Xehanort. In the recent Nintendo Power, Nomura was asked who the main villain of KH3D was. He said that it was a spoiler, but YMX would be important. But I would think that the average person's first guess would be that YMX is in the fact the main villain. Its reaching, I know, but I think that proves theres a more evil force to deal with it in this game. Theres definitely more to YMX than meets the eye. Classic MX could always end up being the villain, i guess.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
It's just me thinking random thoughts, I just really don't feel like he's evil, since he seems to reveal himself early on, doesn't attack either Sora or Riku , . I'm just brainstorming lol
Well yeah it's all good, that's what a lot of this is, theory/speculation.

Just because he doesn't attack them doesn't mean he's benevolent. I can see what your saying, but it's not true lol. He doesn't have to fight them right away to still be their enemy. Have you ever heard of mind fu^king someone? He can do a lot of things that are of malicious intent that don't involve direct physical violence.

As for the whole Vanitas seed plan, it just doesn't seem logical(I'm not saying that you aren't, just that). I don't think that time is in favor of that notion. It means that before everything went down at the Keyblade Graveyard in BBS, MX would have had to given it to Van. Wouldn't that take away some of his strength, why would he do that right before he has to go fight Terra? I don't think that MX would have given Van any light at all, Van wouldn't be Van(pure darkness) then anymore, making his duel with Ven to forge the Xblade irrelevant. I don't think a little more darkness would have hurt Van in anyway either.

Fallen Prince

Well yeah it's all good, that's what a lot of this is, theory/speculation.

Just because he doesn't attack them doesn't mean he's benevolent. I can see what your saying, but it's not true lol. He doesn't have to fight them right away to still be their enemy. Have you ever heard of mind fu^king someone? He can do a lot of things that are of malicious intent that don't involve direct physical violence.

As for the whole Vanitas seed plan, it just doesn't seem logical(I'm not saying that you aren't, just that). I don't think that time is in favor of that notion. It means that before everything went down at the Keyblade Graveyard in BBS, MX would have had to given it to Van. Wouldn't that take away some of his strength, why would he do that right before he has to go fight Terra? I don't think that MX would have given Van any light at all, Van wouldn't be Van(pure darkness) then anymore, making his duel with Ven to forge the Xblade irrelevant. I don't think a little more darkness would have hurt Van in anyway either.

All very good points but that leaves me with one question: What do you believe the seeds were? Most people seem to believe he spread pieces of his heart around as a backup, but I'm curious as to what you think. (Also, if you think I sound sarcastic/annoyed/angry at any time, I'm not lol, I'm not a rage fan. I'm just looking for something to talk about until my room mate finishes his homework so I can win at PS3 :p)

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
All very good points but that leaves me with one question: What do you believe the seeds were? Most people seem to believe he spread pieces of his heart around as a backup, but I'm curious as to what you think. (Also, if you think I sound sarcastic/annoyed/angry at any time, I'm not lol, I'm not a rage fan. I'm just looking for something to talk about until my room mate finishes his homework so I can win at PS3 :p)
Hah your and it's all good, I feel ya.

Well, as for them seeds...

Could be a lot of things, the whole heart spreading is a popular notion. Idk, personally, I think multiple things.

-Either the Xemnas/AnsemSoD in the RoS and the YMX are the seeds MX may have planted. In order to really do what he wants he needs Ven and I think we're going to see Xehanort continue to try and forge the Xblade for KH. So the RoS may be a ploy or a trap for Sora, we already can see YMX and Xemnas try to confuse or mislead Sora. Ven is asleep in Sora, and I think Xehanort knows that. The Xemnas+AnsemSoD in the RoS may exist there because they have become apart of Sora+Riku's psyche. So in the RoS they become tools for whatever Xehanort that is pulling the strings. As for the YMX, people question whether or not he can manipulate time in some way(either YMX can or MX). MX could have found out how to contact his younger self, who knows. Or the YMX learned it a long time ago and the MX knew it as well. Others say too, that YMX is the seed. MX went back in time to his youth and informed him of everything.
-The seeds could have been something outside the RoS as well, since we know some of the Organization members will become restored back to their original somebodies. People say too that Braig may have received something from MX, in that his eye color changes to that of Xehanorts.

I honestly dunno. Ultimately I think we will see Xehanort have this huge, elaborate plan to trap Sora in the RoS, in a sense. I think He does know Ven is in Sora's heart and he's going after him. Maybe not trap physically, but somehow manage to immobilize him, or trick him into "going together".

KevVentus

I don't get an evil vibe from him either

To me he seems kind of indifferent and from his dialogue he's curious about Sora and Riku (This was when he was young and still eager to learn about the World after all)

He has a very ambiguous role at this point. And Nomura saying the main antagonist being related to the red eyed hooded figure... well that takes the spotlight off of YMX a bit

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
If YMX wanted he could probably seem more menacing and outright attack Sora and Riku. But he doesn't, probably because he needs them for something. Like how Xemnas needed Sora to deliver more hearts to his Kingdom Hearts.

With Sora he might need Ven's heart for something (recreating the x-blade) and Riku could simply be another vessel for MX to use.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
If YMX wanted he could probably seem more menacing and outright attack Sora and Riku. But he doesn't, probably because he needs them for something. Like how Xemnas needed Sora to deliver more hearts to his Kingdom Hearts.

With Sora he might need Ven's heart for something (recreating the x-blade) and Riku could simply be another vessel for MX to use.
Word.
To me he seems kind of indifferent and from his dialogue he's curious about Sora and Riku (This was when he was young and still eager to learn about the World after all)

He has a very ambiguous role at this point. And Nomura saying the main antagonist being related to the red eyed hooded figure... well that takes the spotlight off of YMX a bit
Just because he seems curious or inquisitive and interested in Sora+Riku does not mean at all that he can't still be the evil villain we've known Xehanort to be. Do enemies, etc. do their research/homework? Does a army invade without doing a recon? The saying keep your friends close, but your enemies closer could be applied.

As for the Red eyed unknown, that doesn't take it off him at all. If anything, more so. It's been thought that the Red Eyed unknown could be Vanitas, which if it is, spotlight is back to Xehanort again. Even if it's like the guardian or somesh*t it'd still be related to Xehanort. Even the MF may be related to Xehanort. Of course I don't know the truth because I have not witnessed the game.

KevVentus

I just feel like he's neutral from the footage we've been given

And I'm not sure that he's main villain material. It's too obvious. He's surely an antagonist, but it looks like he's more on the sidelines. I feel like he'll be a secondary villain position a la Vanitas or Braig

I should correct myself about the red eyed unknown; the interview said the young hooded figure. I'm not sure exactly who that means, the only person it seems to refer to is YMX... but that seems... redundant?

I'm also still not entirely convinced that the MF from BBS is YMX either : P

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't get an evil vibe from him either
Oh yes I like how the lines "The time for my revenge is near." followed by a mountain erupting behind him signaling the confrontation between Chernabog don't give off a particular evil vibe or how bout the fact that he's standing right next to Ansem SoD when he pulls a sword on Riku or the fact that Vanitas manifests right next to him surrounded by an aura of darkness and the fact that's every times he's shown he's trying to mindkupo! Sora or Riku?

Xehanort your kidding yourself if you think his intentions are anything less than sinister.

And I'm not sure that he's main villain material. It's too obvious.
MX was obvious as well but we all know how that turned out.

KevVentus

Again, he was on the sidelines while Ansem and Chernabog were stealing the scene

I'll define my interpretation of evil as Master Xehanort possessing Terra and ruining three lives in the process, instead of angsty teen

I guess I just don't want 5 evil Xehanorts running around. It's getting repetitive. If YMX were more collected it would add an interesting mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back