• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS -HD 1.5 ReMIX- cover on latest Famitsu Weekly

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
What if that was the actual boxart for the game...

Honestly, I wish it was. I swear that in a past thread somebody (I really don't remember who, it could have been me for all I know lol) mentioned that they wished that they remade all the past covers using their in-game models or CGI and THIS IS IT!!! I remember loving the idea so this photo is just...perfect. I never import magazines and such but so help me if this image isn't made into a wallscroll and released in HD or is somehow used by SE I'm gonna pull a hernia (I don't even know what a hernia is and I'm threatening to pull one!).

If these ends up being the themes you unlock for beating the games, all the coverarts in CGI...congrats SE...you just made my year...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here's a larger version of the cover, thanks to LevelUpVideoGames

(Drag it to another tab because the forum resizes stuff)

HQ%20Famitsu%20Cover.jpg

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I still love how they've extended the original artwork. Hoping they release the image without the text and stuff. They would make cool avies.

Kevin Perez

The entire cast looks beautiful! I hope we see a HQ version of this without the text. Hopefully we get something for KH HD 2.5 Remix, especially for TAV.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I like it. A complete 3d rendering of the original cover art with expansions for the other two games. It's quite nice.

Looks like the style they introduced in KH3D for the CG could be their new thing. I really like how this looks ;A; I need a HD version of this image.

Square Enix you better plan on releasing an art book full of Nomura (and Gen Kobayashi because of KH3D) artwork and these CG artworks and POSTERS.
Yeah, i still don't get why is 3ds style different?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Gorgeous simply gorgeous~ Riku's face dont look so weird now.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Riku still looks odd to me... I think it's because of his lack of neck?

Axel and Xion in particular look beautiful. This was definitely a really cool idea.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, actually I can see the style there. It was much harder to notice in motion, but they look kinda like figures.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Axel and Xion in particular look beautiful. This was definitely a really cool idea.
Hm...he does have lack of neck. But he still dont seem as odd as the older small scans.

Xion looks the best in that cover imo.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Yeah, in the original artwork, his head wasn't tilted as much and his expression was softer.

The entire cast looks beautiful! I hope we see a HQ version of this without the text. Hopefully we get something for KH HD 2.5 Remix, especially for TAV.

I will cry when I see that xD TAV are my precious bbs *adores Birth by Sleep like no tomorrow*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, i still don't get why is 3ds style different?

Not sure. A part of me wants to say it might have been done because KH3D was on the 3DS so they wanted something that would match that 3D feel and would pop out. Another part of me believes that SE might have realizes there was a bit of streamlining with the CG work among their games and asked Visual Works to go with something more unique.

It's really nice but I guess after ten years everybody is pretty attached to the old way. The style hasn't really been a constant thing, though, shifting from KH1 to KH2 to KH3D, but if they do stick with it I don't think it'd be a bad thing.

kupo1121

Awards
Yeah, in the original artwork, his head wasn't tilted as much and his expression was softer.

Not only that, but his hair is much shorter in the CGI artwork. That doesn't detract from how beautiful the CGI is!!! I really want to see all the coverarts like this now >_<

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hm...he does have lack of neck. But he still dont seem as odd as the older small scans.

Xion looks the best in that cover imo.
Yeah, it's better. But I still kind of stare at it and wonder what's wrong.

Xion always looks pretty.

Yeah! They've made his stance a bit more drastic here. And he's unusually jacked in the arms.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Not sure if it already has been pointed out but there's a hidden mickey on the artwork.

If you look on the statue (where Sora & co are standing on), next to Roxas, you'll see it. Which makes me wonder if it's the only one...

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Not sure if it already has been pointed out but there's a hidden mickey on the artwork.

If you look on the statue (where Sora & co are standing on), next to Roxas, you'll see it. Which makes me wonder if it's the only one...
Oh that's cute! Thanks for pointing it out; I hadn't noticed it at all before!

kupo1121

Awards

Wow, I really didn't notice that haha I like it ^_^ I think there is also another Mickey head...on Goofy's shield!!! jk I wouldn't be shocked if that is the only one, but even still, it's a nice little hint to throw in.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, hidden mickeys are common in Disney properties. They started with the 300 or so at Disneyland and it expanded to their movies, shorts, and videogames. There's an obvious one in the original Tron, but there are also a few in Wreck-it Ralph(I haven't found any, but I think the Disney Intermission pointed one out). As for the length of Rikus hair, it is a little shorter, and his expression softer. Well, they do have to accommodate the design changes, don't they?Yeah, hidden mickeys are common in Disney properties. They started with the 300 or so at Disneyland and it expanded to their movies, shorts, and videogames. There's an obvious one in the original Tron, but there are also a few in Wreck-it Ralph(I haven't found any, but I think the Disney Intermission pointed one out). As for the length of Rikus hair, it is a little shorter, and his expression softer. Well, they do have to accommodate the design changes, don't they? Edit: actually, I'm regretting that this isn't the rear cover art. It'd be better imo if they kept those images as just the menu and theme ones instead of repeating them on the rear cover, and made this the rear cover, although it'd be covered by text. Actually, square, make it the booklet cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back