• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tetsuya Nomura: please make KH movie!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
A number were reused. I remember the track list from the website.
Wasn't there 5 songs in the film, 3 used in the background and 2 sung by the actors?
Then those 5 were joined by 9 more original songs.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Shogo-Kun, take notes! This is going to be epic.
Sadly, you'll have to find someone who can actually write lyrics. I'm no lyricist. But a broadway-style Kingdom Hearts? I'm gonna have to say no to that, joke or not.

@Odium Crop: Clearly your not familiar with Disney's other projects. Ever heard of TRON Legacy or Pirates of the Carribean? Disney doesn't just do musicals.

On topic, if we're gonna do this, who's gonna be our main Xehanort? Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, or Geezernort?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
[video=youtube;YbOJppr79bs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbOJppr79bs[/video]

(I will take any excuse to post Princes of Voice videos 8D)

*was in the middle of drawing Vanitas fan art*

(*≧▽≦)ノシ))

Sadly, you'll have to find someone who can actually write lyrics. I'm no lyricist. But a broadway-style Kingdom Hearts? I'm gonna have to say no to that, joke or not.

Damn...We that's been done already anyway.

On topic, if we're gonna do this, who's gonna be our main Xehanort? Ansem SoD, Xemnas, Young Xehanort, or Geezernort?

Geezernort feels right since he's the villain of this entire saga.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Geezernort feels right since he's the villain of this entire saga.
Hmm, you have a point. Though I wonder if it could somehow work with Young Xehanort. You know, since he and Sora have a few parallels between each other, it could be like Xehanort is like what Sora would be if he relied on the darkness in his heart instead of the light.

However, I'll discuss more of my ideas at a later time.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Wasn't there 5 songs in the film, 3 used in the background and 2 sung by the actors?
Then those 5 were joined by 9 more original songs.
One sung by actors and that was just kala.

they definitely wrote original songs for the show. My point is that the typical Disney show is based off a movie that has like five songs.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I don't know whether Ruran was serious about this or not but why don't we actually make the "KHI Makes a Movie" threads? I'm sure it'd be fantastic!

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Actually, Re:CoM and the first game were already console games. The 358/2 Days part is a movie, not a playable game.

He was simply referring to how the HD remasters are on consoles, not about the individual components of each title and whether they're actually playable, of which he is already aware.

We should! I'd love to b a part of that

I asked Ruran! Since it was his idea, I feel he should have the honors of making the threads. That is, if he wants to.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And in conclusion, if one has already played the two games and does not care for whether or not they are now in HD, then it is not worth their time.

The fact remains that Meilin was expressing her wishes of another console game, and that is exactly what the HD remasters are.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I sincerely hope that all that is left to be released in this franchise is Kingdom Hearts 3 and then it would be over and done with for good. Wrap it up and tie it with a bow. This is not one of those series like Final Fantasy where every properly numbered entry is like a reboot with a brand new storyline. There is only so much you can do within one game world. Yes, it sucks when you have to let go of something you love but at the end of the day it's much better to have a series end on a high note than to go on and on forever and become a parody of itself (and Kingdom Hearts is dangerously close to pull that off at this point).

I would love to see Square Enix create a spiritual successor without Disney. A brand new series that all of us Kingdom Hearts fans would feel right at home with, that can also be kept fresh with every new entry like Final Fantasy.

Disney owns all of the original content as well.

Except the music, which they do not own and never will.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I sincerely hope that all that is left to be released in this franchise is Kingdom Hearts 3 and then it would be over and done with for good. Wrap it up and tie it with a bow. This is not one of those series like Final Fantasy where every properly numbered entry is like a reboot with a brand new storyline. There is only so much you can do within one game world. Yes, it sucks when you have to let go of something you love but at the end of the day it's much better to have a series end on a high note than to go on and on forever and become a parody of itself (and Kingdom Hearts is dangerously close to pull that off at this point).
Actually, Nomura has stated that KH3 will not be the last installment into the series. And you're underestimating the power of merchandising. There will be more Kingdom Hearts merch as long as Square sees profit in it for them. Just look at Evangelion! The original series is done and over with and that still is pumping out the merchandise. And with the Rebuilds coming out, that's even more merchandising power!

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
I know, but at least he's said that there won't be any more games that revolve around Sora & co. And this is why it would be so fitting to make a spiritual sequel to the series, in the style of Kingdom Hearts, but without Disney. After KH3 there won't be anything exciting about the Disney aspect of the series any more. They've already covered the most important movies and whether they recycle them or pick less memorable ones it will be a lose-lose situation and it will feel like they're involving Disney because they have to and not because it makes sense. Can you imagine Kingdom Hearts 6 with Hannah Montana and A Bug's Life representing major worlds? Yuck. KH3 is the perfect opportunity to wrap things up and go out with a bang.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
I know, but at least he's said that there won't be any more games that revolve around Sora & co. And this is why it would be so fitting to make a spiritual sequel to the series, in the style of Kingdom Hearts, but without Disney. After KH3 there won't be anything exciting about the Disney aspect of the series any more. They've already covered the most important movies and whether they recycle them or pick less memorable ones it will be a lose-lose situation and it will feel like they're involving Disney because they have to and not because it makes sense. Can you imagine Kingdom Hearts 6 with Hannah Montana and A Bug's Life representing major worlds? Yuck. KH3 is the perfect opportunity to wrap things up and go out with a bang.
I respectfully disagree with you. Disney has not yet scratched the surface of its wealth of properties. Not in traditional films, and DEFINATELY not in its other properties.
I for one would be overjoyed if, when Xehanort's story was done, the next group of keyblade weilders were part of a slightly gritter set of games based on Disney's more mature franchises, such as Marvel, star wars, pirates, and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back