• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- North American Limited Edition!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I think the box will be similar dimensions, yes. Since the normal edition will match all the other PS3 games, I would be horrified if they didn't at least TRY to match it up with the artbook(let). Just...put my disc in a better place than 1.5, ya?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I think the box will be similar dimensions, yes. Since the normal edition will match all the other PS3 games, I would be horrified if they didn't at least TRY to match it up with the artbook(let). Just...put my disc in a better place than 1.5, ya?

Well, given how at the moment all that comes with the LE is the pin, I imagine that they might make like a slipcase or something. So you'd have the actual normal game case inside a sleeve like the 1.5 sleeve, with maybe a little compartment for the pin or something. If there's no artbook, there's no reason they shouldn't just put the disc in a normal case.

Satoshi300

I wanna say something:
First, I think that after having asked us in that "plot" they did, putting ONLY a pin on a Limited Edition is just... Sad. At least for me. I don't like that idea. And just like some of you I think they'll do something.

And secondly, imagine they do a Collector's Edition like in Japan, why the hell do they include Kingdom Hearts 1.5 in all of the editions? What happens with those who have already bought KH 1.5? The should include some other stuff related to Kingdom Hearts 2.5 in the CE. And look, I'm not saying that the 1.5+2.5 collection doesn't worth it because it does, but I think they should consider doing a 2.5 collection with stuff from 2.5 xD

I'mnkt here to complain, I want you too guys to tell me what you think

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
This is even more disappointing giving how detailed the survey was. Why go through all this effort when the only extra is just a tiny gimmick?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Plus Mickey looks awkward.
I still stand by this statement.

But I am liking how the cover looks.
bVvxoyC.jpg

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ooh that picture is really sharp. Can't wait for a high res version of just the art by itself.

And as far as that survey goes, I often wonder if they either A) took all our ideas and gave them just to Japan or B) are saving all that stuff for the KH3 collector's edition.

Although, if memory serves, wasn't there a survey specifically for just 2.5 that asked about limited edition stuff? Or was that only in the first one, which was just about the entire series in general (except for KH3)?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Ooh that picture is really sharp. Can't wait for a high res version of just the art by itself.

And as far as that survey goes, I often wonder if they either A) took all our ideas and gave them just to Japan or B) are saving all that stuff for the KH3 collector's edition.

Although, if memory serves, wasn't there a survey specifically for just 2.5 that asked about limited edition stuff? Or was that only in the first one, which was just about the entire series in general (except for KH3)?

The purpose of the 2.5 survey was to get questions for Yasue's SE Presents interview. It was in the first survey that covered essentially everything that we were asked about preorder bonuses and the like.

Anr12

2 things!
1. The limited Edition is now available at Gamestop!
2. If the game is Kingdom Hearts 2.5, Why does the pin have Sora in his Kingdom Hearts 1 outfit?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
The purpose of the 2.5 survey was to get questions for Yasue's SE Presents interview. It was in the first survey that covered essentially everything that we were asked about preorder bonuses and the like.

Yeah, that's right. Thanks Sign. So, perhaps they're saving the goods for KH3? I wouldn't mind. But if so, it'd be nice if they gave us a "Hey guys, we're not doing much for 2.5, but we're gonna give you all that stuff for KH3". But this IS Square, I guess. Radio silence is their specialty.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Every now and then he'll make a mistake in his artwork, like when he colored Riku's shirt wrong for Re:CoM and didn't realize it until after they had already put it into the game lol

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Every now and then he'll make a mistake in his artwork, like when he colored Riku's shirt wrong for Re:CoM and didn't realize it until after they had already put it into the game lol

It's even like that on the cover art FM+ if I recall too lol. Gotta love those kind of mistakes that just fall under the radar like that

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards

I seriously never noticed that flaw until you guys pointed it out in the trivia. Huh. Well, regardless of handle colors, the 2.5 art still looks amazing and better than the 1.5 art.

I can only imagine what KH3's box art will look like...

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Something extremely simple over a black background, with only a couple characters. I'm hoping for the X-Blade, or Kingdom Hearts itself to be present, and I'm EXPECTING Sora and Xehanort.
That's my guess!

But think about KH and KH2's box art. Those were really elaborate and detailed. The numbered titles usually get the fancy treatment with the boxart, and Nomura has been stepping his game up lately for these HD collections. I think it's safe to say the KH3 box art will be awe inspiring.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
But think about KH and KH2's box art. Those were really elaborate and detailed. The numbered titles usually get the fancy treatment with the boxart, and Nomura has been stepping his game up lately for these HD collections. I think it's safe to say the KH3 box art will be awe inspiring.
But that's exactly why I think this one should be simpler. I'm not saying "plain;" I expect a LOT of detail! And it most likely WILL have tons of characters on it, if I'm honest with myself. But I think that - with the more somber tone I think the game will possess - a more minimalist approach would fit just fine. Not boring, but not busy, either.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Well, either way, I doubt Xehanort will be on the cover. If you haven't noticed, KH villains never appear on the box art. The 2.5 art is the first exception to this, ever. All other games had only the protagonists, even 1.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back