• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Official Voice Actor Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - RIP Otsuka, Nimoy, Lee

Trust me, that's Drake Bell. (Drake and Josh? No? Okay.) It just hasn't been confirmed.

(here's an example)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0V_lYF4_NY
Didn't Drake Bell also play Timmy Turner in the live action versions of the Fairly Odd Parents? I wasn't much of a fan of the live action films, but I hope he does a good job as Young Eraqus.

Has it been confirmed who will voice Master Xehanort in both the Japanese and English versions since both voice actors are no longer with us?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Didn't Drake Bell also play Timmy Turner in the live action versions of the Fairly Odd Parents? I wasn't much of a fan of the live action films, but I hope he does a good job as Young Eraqus.

Has it been confirmed who will voice Master Xehanort in both the Japanese and English versions since both voice actors are no longer with us?

Nope. Nothing about that at all.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I just hope that Willa Holland returns for 2.8/KH3 and she does not get replaced. There is actually a video I made concerning her return as Aqua: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSOZrUmM9Mo

I also hope that if Mandy Moore does not return as Rapunzel then Mena Suvari does NOT replace her like she did for Aerith. They need to keep all original voice actors from the movies and previous games (this also meaning other Square games for the possible Final Fantasy./World ends with you/other square character games)
do you know how much money a hollywood actor costs? sometimes substitutes must be made. and willa holland came back to record a few lines for 2.5 so i have no doubt she'll do the ps4 titles.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You might want to check out Drake Bell's performance as Spider-Man/Peter Parker in Ultimate Spider-Man. He also does his voice in many video games...

That FOP movie was awful and isn't the best representation of his voice or skill.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: The Official VA Discussion Thread - the Drake Bell Speculation thread

Heh, if Nomura really wants to get along with his hiring famous sci-fi actors for roles like Master Xehanort and get his parallels running, maybe he can try to get Ian McDiarmid to voice Xehanort in English. ;P

Patricier21

She was back for Final Mix, so it's so likely. If she's back for 0.2 then I think you have your answer.

Eh, Rapunzel only has one voice. She doesn't have a replacement in even Disney stuff, but if she did it would sound like Mandy Moore. Don't worry about Mena Suvari, she doesn't even play Aerith now.

Do not forget that for literally EVERYTHING aside from KH1, Tate Donovan provided Hercules' voice (BBS doesn't count because he was young Herc). It is very strange that Donovan did not reprise his role as aside from these statistics, according to his IMDB page during the time that KH1 would have recorded dialogue, Donovan would have most likely been available unless of course he was doing theatre commitments or family/health issues. Whats even stranger is that they were able to get Sean Astin to do Herc's voice as he is arguably a much more famous/expensive actor and during the time in which they were doing KH1's dialogue, he would have been working on pick up photography for Lord of the Rings among other things. He was a decent replacement but did not really sound like Donovan.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Do not forget that for literally EVERYTHING aside from KH1, Tate Donovan provided Hercules' voice (BBS doesn't count because he was young Herc). It is very strange that Donovan did not reprise his role as aside from these statistics, according to his IMDB page during the time that KH1 would have recorded dialogue, Donovan would have most likely been available unless of course he was doing theatre commitments or family/health issues. Whats even stranger is that they were able to get Sean Astin to do Herc's voice as he is arguably a much more famous/expensive actor and during the time in which they were doing KH1's dialogue, he would have been working on pick up photography for Lord of the Rings among other things. He was a decent replacement but did not really sound like Donovan.

That was a very strange situation that I cannot explain, nor have they done anything like that sense. So yes, while it's true that anomalies happen from time-to-time, it's very unlikely that anybody other than Mandy Moore will play Rapunzel, especially since she's 1: been in Kingdom Hearts before, 2: has played Rapunzel in everything- including merchandise, and three she's doing the animated series.

Aerith is another strange case, but Andrea Bowen has been playing her pretty consistently and she even did Aerith's voice for a Kingdom Hearts 1.5 commercial.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

i wonder why they get to voice the fortellers maybe get somebody like kira buckland maybe someone tabhita st germaine to voice ava

Last edited:

mallow

Website
mallowkey.tumblr.com

For some reason, I'm imagining Chirithy's English voice actor to be whoever voices Kyuubey in the Madoka series.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

On the topic of Aerith, it is very possible that SE might have not been able to get in contact with Mandy Moore at the time of KH2 and FF7AC, so they recast her. If I remember correctly, Mandy Moore was doing a lot of acting roles in 2004-2006...

It is highly unlikely she'd return as Aerith now considering SE has settled on Andrea Bowen who does a fantastic job.

I think the only person we need to be concerned with is Hayden Panettiere who has been the most flip-flopy of the main cast. (And she just entered treatment for postpartum depression so...)

i wonder why they get to voice the fortellers maybe get somebody like kira buckland maybe someone tabhita st germaine to voice ava

I don't even know who those people are...

Please remember Disney likes pushing their current stars if they can so maybe not random MLP voice actresses should be at the top of your list.

Maybe people like Dove Cameron or Sofia Carson are more in the ballpark.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

So Chris Niosi (kirbopher) interviewedBen Diskin. It's mostly just a casual conversation but midwaytnrough when discussing Ben's appearance on Drake and Josh Ben and chris hint that he and Ben worked on "something" recently. Granted they way they worded it is vague enough to fit any project but it's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IuTAGEumO8

Interview is kinda Nsfw (mostly language plus describing how Patrick Seitz directs actors.)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So Chris Niosi (kirbopher) interviewedBen Diskin. It's mostly just a casual conversation but midwaytnrough when discussing Ben's appearance on Drake and Josh Ben and chris hint that he and Ben worked on "something" recently. Granted they way they worded it is vague enough to fit any project but it's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IuTAGEumO8

Interview is kinda Nsfw (mostly language plus describing how Patrick Seitz directs actors.)

Ben has joked around that Drake is Eraqus various places and other interviews. There really isn't any doubt it is Drake Bell playing Eraqus at this point. Drake won't even respond to tweets that mention KH and the guy is always responding to tweets so that says a lot.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Your right though it might end up being dove Cameron or Sofia Carson since they are young and fit Ava since she a young forteller as well it just a big role for them and the only va they did is the wicked world shorts on Disney channel

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Of course Disney isn't above reaching out into other network's shows to pluck teenage heart throbs, and Nomura may have someone in mind.

Last edited:

Patricier21

Someone on KH 13 posted about this but I agree with them that per this video, Scott Glenn of Daredevil and Silence of the Lambs (my dad's favourite movie fyi :)) would be a good fit to voice Xehanort as he has a very similar voice to Leonard Nimoy and has the same feel and demeanour, only needing to maybe tweak it ever so slightly. Please let me know of your thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5BS4L2ZXDQ

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Someone on KH 13 posted about this but I agree with them that per this video, Scott Glenn of Daredevil and Silence of the Lambs (my dad's favourite movie fyi :)) would be a good fit to voice Xehanort as he has a very similar voice to Leonard Nimoy and has the same feel and demeanour, only needing to maybe tweak it ever so slightly. Please let me know of your thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5BS4L2ZXDQ
kh13 is a cancer and we have mentioned scott glenn a good few times on this thread, only a few pages back in fact.

Patricier21

Of course Disney isn't above reaching out into other network's shows to pluck teenage heart throbs, and Nomura may have someone in mind.

I think you're being sarcastic as they got Angel of his own show/Buffy to voice Leon in KH1, plus Willa of course had nothing to do with Disney prior to KH (aside from a cameo as a beach girl extra in The Last Song), along with Jason Dehiring (Terra) who was on Veronica Mars (also not Disney related). Not to mention David Gallagher (Riku) did not do any Disney related properties beforehand either.

As a matter of fact for the most part, they only really got a handful of Disney Channel related actors to play original/FF characters. The only major Disney channel actors they got were:

Christy Carlson Romano from Kim Possible & Even Stevens as Yuffie (though she got recasted in KH2 despite being in the Advant Children movie with all other actors who played in Advant Children reprising their roles for KH2)

Meaghan Jette Martin from the Camp Rock movies as Namine's second voice actress

Alyson Stoner from Phineas & Ferb, Suite Life and Camp Rock movies as Kairi & Xion's second voice actress.

Will Friedle of Boy (& Girl) Meets World and Kim Possible as Seifer

Not to be outdone, several other actors had done things with Disney if not the Channel (Mandy Moore long before she became Rapunzel was in Princess Diaries 1, Haley had done Sixth Sense which believe it or not is made by a division of Disney, Brittany Snow was in The Pacifier etc.) It seems like they would cast pretty much any young actor as long as they fit the part and not necessarily, surprising as it may be, if they worked with Disney Channel, let alone Disney in general (outside of its animated features and excluding actors reprising the same role from a previous Disney property)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

I think you're being sarcastic as they got Angel of his own show/Buffy to voice Leon in KH1, plus Willa of course had nothing to do with Disney prior to KH (aside from a cameo as a beach girl extra in The Last Song), along with Jason Dehiring (Terra) who was on Veronica Mars (also not Disney related). Not to mention David Gallagher (Riku) did not do any Disney related properties beforehand either.

There was absolutely nothing sarcastic about my post, and I meant exactly what you were saying? I said Disney WASN'T above, meaning they have and they will.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Random but I'd be happy if Nomura watched Teen Wolf and was aware that Tyler Posey likes Kingdom Hearts and would ask for him to be in the show as some dorky new character. Or like...Melissa Benoist who is a HUGE KH fan like HUUUUGE and is Supergirl on the new CBS series and could totally be awesome in KH.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Random but I'd be happy if Nomura watched Teen Wolf and was aware that Tyler Posey likes Kingdom Hearts and would ask for him to be in the show as some dorky new character. Or like...Melissa Benoist who is a HUGE KH fan like HUUUUGE and is Supergirl on the new CBS series and could totally be awesome in KH.
i never knew these people were KH fans. that's pretty cool.

Back