• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Final Fantasy VII REMAKE - "World of the Versus epic"

nomura perfectionest came though lol but serisoly im not surpise by this

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Huh, I saw someone talk about this on KH13....and immediately pin the blame on Nomura's directing skills. Well he didn't ask to be director of the remake, did he?
how is this nomura falu exaply they shouldnt have did an external souce form the start in the first place?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

how is this nomura falu exaply they shouldnt have did an external souce form the start in the first place?
Well I imagine a big factor in this is Nomura and CyberConnect2 not being on the same level with things. He was upset with a trailer they made, and a reason for this decision is they want full control over the game including quality. It's all just conjecture and theory but I can see Nomura's perfectionism being the driving factor on this so he can have full control over it rather than it being developed from an outside source.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Well I imagine a big factor in this is Nomura and CyberConnect2 not being on the same level with things. He was upset with a trailer they made, and a reason for this decision is they want full control over the game including quality. It's all just conjecture and theory but I can see Nomura's perfectionism being the driving factor on this so he can have full control over it rather than it being developed from an outside source.
im pretty sure it more has to being nomura perfectionest though

Squood!

seibah
Awards

It's like you're building a house with LEGOs, and this other kid shows up and wants to build the same house, but in their vision and with all your LEGOs. You don't want them to have all your LEGOs and your Eggos.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

What would be your theory, Gosoxtim?
well we all know how he is i mean look at kh3 when he said he not happy with kh3 models i tihnk that that while he helping with kh3 for while to make sure what he wanted to be he got to back to the other company about ff7r models he was not happy and told them to remade them again but the other company said no and nomura proablly asked sqaure if we could do it internal and the rest is hisotry wll that that i think

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

well we all know how he is i mean look at kh3 when he said he not happy with kh3 models
Right. So you agree with me and Yoko Shimomura, he's a perfectionist?

i tihnk that that while he helping with kh3 for while to make sure what he wanted to be he got to back to the other company about ff7r models he was not happy and told them to remade them again but the other company said no and nomura proablly asked sqaure if we could do it internal and the rest is hisotry wll that that i think
Personally the VIIR models looked fine, better than what KH0.2 and 3 were showing when they were actually being marketed. But do you have any other proof to back this up? Was it said he was unhappy with the VIIR models? Did he ask for them to be fixed and CC2 said no? If there's proof behind it then wow, this would all boil down to multiple people being heavily petty.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

I am so glad I still have the first version on ps3 and feel no real hype for this title.
I had my doubts about the remake since it was first announced and I'm sad/glad to see up to now all were proven true.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

Right. So you agree with me and Yoko Shimomura, he's a perfectionist?

Personally the VIIR models looked fine, better than what KH0.2 and 3 were showing when they were actually being marketed. But do you have any other proof to back this up? Was it said he was unhappy with the VIIR models? Did he ask for them to be fixed and CC2 said no? If there's proof behind it then wow, this would all boil down to multiple people being heavily petty.
i don't have evidence o this but they way they said cc2 a touchy subject make me think so plus they didnt mention cc2 at all in this news

anyway with this news it highly unlily it will will skip e3 but will be at psx in december

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org

Now it makes it look like the game is in development hell.
i mean they also said the move was done to keep the internal schedule on track. if anything, maybe the external dev was actually making it fall behind.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

You know, I feel like they went about this poorly by slapping Nomura's name as the director for this project to begin with. (Especially if he wasn't aware that he was going to be the director of it until later on.) He was already busy with KH3. He had FFXV yanked away from him and handed it off to another director awhile ago. To top it off this feels like they were either trying to give Nomura a second chance or setting him up to take the fall if FFVII:R isn't out soon, giving fans all around the world somebody to point at for screwing things up by being a perfectionist or delaying the game. I feel bad for Nomura in the grand scheme of things but this is ridiculous.

Plus I happened to like Cyber Connect 2. They made the .hack//g.u. games which were beautifully developed and made within a year apart from each other. And the trailer that was made for FFVII:R looked amazing. Almost like the development was going smoothly already. So this feels like a setback if they're no longer working with them. On the other hand, none of us really know what stage the game is currently at or how things are being run by either Nomura and his team or CC2. And Nomura did extremely well with FFVII and FFVII: Crisis Core along with Advent Children. I wanna believe that this game will be done right in the end. Even though I question the way how things are being handled right now.

And this further proves my point from the other day. They shouldn't of released an article saying this game would be out along with a major title like KH3 in the next three years. This is like a slap to the face for fans who take information like this without a grain of salt only to have the carpet yanked out from beneath them the next day. I don't think S-E knows how to handle the pressure from fans anymore because, this feels like poor judgement with how they try to reassure fans things are going smoothly only to ask for more help a day later. And it's fine that they need help, but they should've done it privately instead of making it public knowledge that they need more staff for the game. Sometimes less is more.

TLDR: I'm feelin' salty.

EDIT: I'm still sticking by what I said above. However, I had some time to cool off a bit. It is realistic of them to want to try to release FFVII:R in the next three years considering it's an episodic type of game. Not a full one that'd take a lot longer in development. And the game is moving forward. Maybe they lost some of their team to the other games being made? Idk. I just hope that having a deadline gives the push needed to make the game the best it possibly can without cutting anything. And sticking to the system they're making it on.

Last edited:

Squood!

seibah
Awards

This reminds me of a post I made on KH13 earlier, telling someone to imagine themselves in Nomura's shoes.

I'll keep it short: You finish KH2 and become the director of an FF game only to have your team taken to work on XIII and XIV, and you have to deal with that and trying to please the KH fans. XIII and XIV are done, hooray! You can work on your FF game now! Nope, XIII needs sequels and XIV exploded and needs fixing, so you can't have your team back. 2013: KH3 and FFXV. You have to work on those big guys. Seems hard, but at least you can work on the FF game you were put in charge of now. NOPE. You get kicked out of the director chair and replaced, and you are affected by this so much, you get a cat so you can cope with it. But at least all you got now is KH3! *BUZZZZ* NYET. SUDDENLY YOU ARE DIRECTOR OF THE GODDAMN REMAKE OF FINAL FANTASY VII AND YOU WEREN'T ASKED FIRST. SURPRISE! Now you have to make sure you don't mess up because if you do, everyone will blame you and only you, and not your bosses.

edit: well that wasn't short at all.

Pestilence

Awards

This project reeks of being a total mess already. Not surprising considering it's an AAA project from Square JP.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

This project reeks of being a total mess already. Not surprising considering it's an AAA project from Square JP.
we don't know the full detal of what happnened so hard to say it a total mess already

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

This reminds me of a post I made on KH13 earlier, telling someone to imagine themselves in Nomura's shoes.

I'll keep it short: You finish KH2 and become the director of an FF game only to have your team taken to work on XIII and XIV, and you have to deal with that and trying to please the KH fans. XIII and XIV are done, hooray! You can work on your FF game now! Nope, XIII needs sequels and XIV exploded and needs fixing, so you can't have your team back. 2013: KH3 and FFXV. You have to work on those big guys. Seems hard, but at least you can work on the FF game you were put in charge of now. NOPE. You get kicked out of the director chair and replaced, and you are affected by this so much, you get a cat so you can cope with it. But at least all you got now is KH3! *BUZZZZ* NYET. SUDDENLY YOU ARE DIRECTOR OF THE GODDAMN REMAKE OF FINAL FANTASY VII AND YOU WEREN'T ASKED FIRST. SURPRISE! Now you have to make sure you don't mess up because if you do, everyone will blame you and only you, and not your bosses.

edit: well that wasn't short at all.

You are aware that Nomura is an individual that gets bored with one project hence why he does so many different projects? It's easy to put all the blame on the executives, but Nomura does have a position of power himself.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

You know, I feel like they went about this poorly by slapping Nomura's name as the director for this project to begin with. (Especially if he wasn't aware that he was going to be the director of it until later on.) He was already busy with KH3. He had FFXV yanked away from him and handed it off to another director awhile ago. To top it off this feels like they were either trying to give Nomura a second chance or setting him up to take the fall if FFVII:R isn't out soon, giving fans all around the world somebody to point at for screwing things up by being a perfectionist or delaying the game. I feel bad for Nomura in the grand scheme of things but this is ridiculous.

Plus I happened to like Cyber Connect 2. They made the .hack//g.u. games which were beautifully developed and made within a year apart from each other. And the trailer that was made for FFVII:R looked amazing. Almost like the development was going smoothly already. So this feels like a setback if they're no longer working with them. On the other hand, none of us really know what stage the game is currently at or how things are being run by either Nomura and his team or CC2. And Nomura did extremely well with FFVII and FFVII: Crisis Core along with Advent Children. I wanna believe that this game will be done right in the end. Even though I question the way how things are being handled right now.

And this further proves my point from the other day. They shouldn't of released an article saying this game would be out along with a major title like KH3 in the next three years. This is like a slap to the face for fans who take information like this without a grain of salt only to have the carpet yanked out from beneath them the next day. I don't think S-E knows how to handle the pressure from fans anymore because, this feels like poor judgement with how they try to reassure fans things are going smoothly only to ask for more help a day later. And it's fine that they need help, but they should've done it privately instead of making it public knowledge that they need more staff for the game. Sometimes less is more.

TLDR: I'm feelin' salty.

EDIT: I'm still sticking by what I said above. However, I had some time to cool off a bit. It is realistic of them to want to try to release FFVII:R in the next three years considering it's an episodic type of game. Not a full one that'd take a lot longer in development. And the game is moving forward. Maybe they lost some of their team to the other games being made? Idk. I just hope that having a deadline gives the push needed to make the game the best it possibly can without cutting anything. And sticking to the system they're making it on.

I agree. No way in hell is it being an efficient business by telling a manager they're going to spearhead a project the same day they're presenting it to you. I mean, was there an interview process? Were the people in the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake project brainstorming who would be perfect to direct before naming Tetsuya Nomura? This is reeks of poor management decisions, and I thought the Yoichi Wada days were over. :/ Looks like Square Enix needs another Hironobu Sakaguchi: someone that can relate to the video game developers because he was a video game developer. I kinda agree with having Nomura as the target for the blame. Management needs to appeal to the investors, otherwise any trust in them can be easily replaced. And that's kind of a sick move on the management's part. Again, this is all speculation, but public corporations function like this.

To point something out, I don't know why in hell did Square outsource one of their commercial hits to another company. I mean, you have Nintendo outsourcing THE LEGEND OF ZELDA Ocarina of Time to Grezzo, but Grezzo was known for enhanced ports and such. Ocarina of Time 3D is more of a port than what FFVIIRemake is: a complete reimagining of the characters, story, setting and gameplay. I'm on the crew that Nomura was being too demanding and convinced the management to have the project be an internal development one.

I worked in a political campaign. One of the things you learn in public relations is that you don't necessarily have to react to every issue your opponent is trying to place on you. There are times when ignoring is the best option, seeing as how, as the phrase goes: "Any publicity is publicity". In this case, SE is trying to be too open with this project, and they're indirectly generating negative publicity. Though if they said this in an investors' meeting, there's a possibility they felt pressured to do so. Skipping an investor's question is a very serious thing to do xD

I honestly think they can get two out of three parts of the game released in the next three years.

Squood!

seibah
Awards

So back on KH13, the person who made the FFVII topic said that Nomura not knowing he was director until he saw the trailer was complete bull and thought it was a random quote taken out of context or a marketing ploy to garner sympathy. Then they basically called me a Nomura fanboy who would go to baffling lengths to defend him.

why am I even saying this

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

So back on KH13, the person who made the FFVII topic said that Nomura not knowing he was director until he saw the trailer was complete bull and thought it was a random quote taken out of context or a marketing ploy to garner sympathy. Then they basically called me a Nomura fanboy who would go to baffling lengths to defend him.

why am I even saying this

I think that was something Nomura himself said.

But leaving the drama aside for a bit, does anyone wonder just how similar the Remake's gameplay might be to FFXV or KH?

Back