• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
kupo1121
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awards About

• I wouldn't mind a Kairi scenario that much after, say, a time-skip and us being told about her training. Would've loved to see it, yes, but it's a start. But suddenly? No no. Nuh uh.

Iono, Ven's just... there for me. If I wasn't such a sucker for Salvation, I might've considered not replaying his scenario.
    The thing is that Aqua and Terra were fueling each other's stories. Aqua kept, albeit unintentionally, throwing Terra more away from Eraqus's teachings (not saying the Darkness since that'd be like saying she threw him to MX - something we know isn't true since Terra kind of has his own path, we just got to see his fall as opposed to Riku's eventual redemption), and Terra gave Aqua the reason to try and think things through and post RG he was basically everything she had on her mind.
    Ven on the other hand was affected by both Terra and Aqua (Aqua's dismissive attitude in RG, for instance, is part of why Ven was in a 'slump') but he never affected them back, making his role as an active protagonist to be redundant. Again to compare to Kairi - look at KH. While it hurts her character, it also fits in with it, how we barely get to see her. She's a concept used to fuel Sora and Riku's stories when the need arises (like giving them something to fight over once Riku's jealousy issues kick in), but not an active character. It's Sora and Riku who keep pushing each other forward. But here, we have such a character who gets his own scenario, making it much worse than what it could've been. I dare say I enjoyed BBS a lot more when I played only Terra's scenario - his was the one I felt had the most substance to, and both Aqua and Ven filled out their roles without disappointing me with their distorted character development or lack of. But then I played as Ven and saw that it was pointless, and then Aqua came and made me facepalm >_>;;;

I think I prefer Roxas over Ven even though I actively hate Roxas but am apathetic towards Ven - Roxas at least got an emotional reaction out of me. Ven was just... there :V
    As much as I don't like to have things spelled out to me, character insight is one of the things I make an exception with. Since it's just as easy to claim what I do, that she's just an airhead, as it is to claim what you do, that she thought it over and just disregarded it. In fact with how it was portrayed it's easier to claim what I do.

What bothers me about Roxas and Ven is that it's like... trying to explain something that doesn't need explaining. They could've just said that Roxas and Namine look different from both Sora and Kairi because they came from them both so differences were made. I dare say that was part of the original issue. But no, they needed to explain why Roxas and Namine look the way they do - without it really mattering to anyone, ever. They just do, get on with your life. But to do that they introduced another character who effectively meant nothing. Ven has the same problem as Kairi does - his personality, him being "Ven" and no one else means close to nothing. Terra and Aqua and Eraqus most likely still would've babied him, and given his plot-given potential, MX still would've used him. I dare say I'd have preferred it had MX succeeded and given us Venitas right from the get go with Ven succumbing to the Darkness. Then we could've had the problem of Ven dealing with himself, and of course - him being effectively sealed within Sora.
    If I'm in a rush, I just don't reply :p

Some KH-girls are. But I personally prefer to have her be controversial over her plot role and the way in which she was written as opposed to "whether or not she actually had a personality" like most Kairi threads xD;;;

I'd have bought that had they shown her contemplating what she was told and deciding against it. But the Fairy Godmother was quite clear about it being a bad thing, to fight the Dark with Light. Aqua smiled, nodded... and ignored.

She did what Eraqus told her to do and never once applied an ounce of thought on the matter. Terra had to break away from Eraqus's teachings because of his Darkness and Ven ran away from home - that's independence right there. Aqua... not so much. There's a reason why she was called out on being wrong a total of three times in the game - had she been truly independent, she wouldn't have needed that.

They can be Wielders without fighting, or even having Keyblades. The point is that they'd be X-Blade materials.

Though that's most likely where the series is headed.

I love Terra to bits T_T but I agree about Ven. He was... pointless.
    Must be where Roxas got it from.
    Yeah, just saw it X3

This I actually kind of disagree with. I don't think she was created to be perfect, nor did the Organization seem to have any support of her character. But when you look at her "components" (Memories that belonged to Sora, Ven and Riku) she has no reason to be anything BUT a good, caring, sweet girl. Do I think she IS Sora/Ven/Riku? No. She has enough from enough people to become a completley new person and they confirmed in-game that's what happened. But her basic personality isn't one to be anything but an adorable puppy I wanna huggle ;w;
    And unlike a lot of people in the fandom, I have no problem with such characters so long as I feel they have apropriate character insight and development, which I feel Xion got in spades.

That I do agree with though seeing how she has her own way of doing things, despite being a "Replica".

I really have to disagree with this for at least most of the game. Aqua held onto her sheltered views and faiths even despite being TOLD rather early on that dear, Light isn't the way to go. She nodded, smiled, and shrugged it off. Look at her in Castle of Dreams inside the castle itself - she's a highly innocent, girly girl. She's hardly half as mature as the game makes her out to be at times and because she lacks the ability to deal with the situation she's thrown into, she messes things up and screws up. I might've bought into the 'losing innocence' bit had she not seemed so darned hopeful even after Ven's Heart left his body, believing fully that Terra was still full of Light. That's... PoH levels of delusionment.

Yet another disagreement. I dare say that Aqua's very role in the game is to mess up. She really gave Terra a push into the Darkness, and her decision to leave Ven alone in Radiant Garden is nothing short of stupid. She clings onto the Light despite being told that it's wrong to do so.
    Her scenario in its entirety is her making mistakes and having an inconsistent character build-up.

I really can't blame Xion for her Keyblade skills because unlike her personality which she developed on her own, those truly were borrowed xD; she still managed to hold her own for most of the game though, even taking down Xigbar at one point.

1) I'm of the belief that the other PoHs might end up with Wielding Abilities, seeing how in BBS they had a reason to think MX was after the PoHs. So it seems likely to me MX did more with Aurora than just lock her up.
    2) I palmed my face with both hands when I heard that was all that was needed to become a Wielder - basically bump into a Keyblade Wielder on the street. I'd have thought that at least, you needed the Master's CONSENT, INTENT in turning the toucher into a Wielder, but no. Kairi just surprised Aqua and so she's a Wielder now, as opposed to Terra doing the whole pseudo-ritual bit with Riku and making it official.
    NOMURA. THIS IS THE ONE WEAPON THAT SINCE KH WAS BASED TO MAKE OR BREAK WORLDS. KINDLY MAKE THE PASSING-ON RITUAL TO BE MORE HARDER TO PERFORM WITH COMPLETE, ACCIDENTIAL STRANGERS.

Whenever people give Aqua too much credit for CO, I shake my head. Aqua didn't create CO - she activated a mechanism that was already there from the time of the older Masters who lived there. Which is why I consider that mechanism to be a failure - you need the Master to activate you? The world is already in ruins! What good are you, stupid mechanism?!
    She just basically flipped the switch, is all.

Actually, they could've avoided that too. Yen Sid + Mickey activate CO and put Ven there, while Aqua's thrown originally into the RoD after the KG incident. It actually would've tied in better with her asking AtW later who the boys who saved the universe were since she wouldn't have known of Ven and Terra's sad fates, so it could've been them. But she should've known it wasn't.

I'm disappointed with most of the BBS characters but Aqua's the only one I dislike because the bad development affected her personality. I actually like Terra enough to consider him a favorite character in the series (he has a ways to go to beat Sora and Riku, though) and Ven's ok, just uninteresting so far.
    And you just haven't been going around enough. We actually have an Aqua CC in these parts.

And you think this is so much? XD;;; this is nothing. You obviously have no idea who you're dealing with, pfftahaha.
    Yeah, Namine we only found out 'existed' mid-way through Sora's scenario and only met the girl herself more towards the end. Xion on the other hand was a given presence since the game started since only then Roxas started being less zombie-like, and then we teamed up with her early on.

I really can't call Xion a Mary Sue because she breaks a lot of stuff that most Mary Sues have. For instance, most Mary Sues have special abilities "because". That's something that Kairi has going for her more (PoH much?), for instance, but for Xion that was her very basic role. She was created for that purpose so of course she'd have all these weird abilities and traits. This is more her being a main character than a Sue in my book.
    And by 'flaws' they usually talk about personality flaws, less so existential ones.
    Gods, Xion being forgotten at the end was the worst part ;_; not only do we have to part from her but no one she cared for would even remember she existed. Waaaah ;A;

@_@ more reasons for us to be BFFs. I dislike the overall writing in BBS too, specifically with Aqua. Though unlike you it got me to dislike her quite a bit since while I don't mind her concept, her bi-polar attitude just ticked me off.
    Now that you mentioned it, their sacrifices ARE similar. They did it to save someone they cared for, and there's no one around who'll try and reach out for them (Xion because no one remembers and Aqua because Terra and Ven are "unavailable").
    Nah, I find that Aqua's mostly liked because she's post-puberty. People have a much harder time labeling those as 'Sues' even though personally I find her to have many such traits. Her being forced into the plot in more than one occasion is one such trait, like how she had to come into contact with Kairi and Wielderfy her, how she created CO instead of that DEFENSIVE MECHANISM activating itself (I'd have prefered her simply NAVIGATING the place as she's Eraqus's Successor rather than activating it), and of course how Xehanort was ALREADY in Radiant Garden, they just put a scene with her between him reaching there and Ansem finding Terranort >_>;;;
    Iono, I just feel like if they didn't try too hard and kept her only on the character-level, namely being part of Terra and Ven's stories, that it would've been better.
    The reasons I ran into during my time as an active Xion-fan (namely, debates, woo) are the following:
    1) Her being introduced into a "pre-established" environment. Part of what irks people about her is that in KHII she was never mentioned. So her suddenly being introduced and playing such a big role on top of it all seems uncalled for for some people, despite us actually knowing nothing about Roxas's time in the Organization so there's truly nothing in-game to contradict Xion existing.
    2) Her fitting the highly used-in-fanfiction pattern of the "14th Organization XIII member". More often than not those were self-insertion Mary Sue characters who also befriended everyone in the Organization quickly. I personally find it took Xion a while to befriend both Axel and Roxas, most of the Org still doesn't like her, and that I've never ran into a fic where the 14th member was a gender-bending Memory-Replica of Sora's. Hurray for something new~
    3) This is about one of the only reasons I can accept - some people just don't like her would-be angelic appearance. She's TOO sweet for them. They need what I heard called "Redeeming flaws" like how Roxas is selfish and prone to rage-bursts, for instance. I, for one, only thinks flaws are redeeming if they lead to redemption. Part of why I think Riku's an amazing character whereas Kairi gets rewritten all the time - their "flaws" led to different things writing wise. This is part of why I don't mind Xion or Sora much - I like the "good kids". The ones who are too sweet and kind for their own good. Assuming, of course, they were given proper development which then sets them apart from Mary Sue and Gary Stue to me. And both Xion and Sora got that, thankfully.

I agree about Xion being handled well, even if her introduction did feel kind of awkward albeit necessary - I find that he does good in creating emotional bonds to "one game characters" for the most part, as CoM is what got me to like Namine too.
    Roxas IS kind of pointless at this point, sans being a walking proof that Sora has Ven's Heart inside him :\ I always laugh when people say Xion's pointless filler and that they wish Days was a proper Roxas game. Regardless of quality issues and personal tastes, had it been a Roxas game, Days truly WOULD have been pointless as it would've been truly self contained. We already know how Roxas's story can progress and what he's tied to, or in other words - the limits of his influence. Xion on the other hand already threw us one heck of a plot-wildcard when she absorbed Riku's Memories as well, suggesting quite the mess seeing how she was absorbed into Sora at the end. Re:Coded already showed us the beginning of his Memory mayhem and I can only hope DDD will expand on it, focusing on the two.
    X3~
    Yeah, he's not on my favorite characters list. I'm to Roxas what people who laughed when Xion died are to her. Not saying I laughed, but his attempt at forced tear-jerking didn't work after barely 30 minutes of playing him. And his self-centerdness is a pain >_> And don't get me started on how he treated Axel in Days, ugh x_X
    TCH. xD I'm going PS3 first. Hopefully I'll have a pity fund going for the 3DS before 3D actually comes out. xD (And I'm sorry for the very late reply. D: Busy. Computer died. New computer. Busy. :c )
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back