• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

General ► Fun with Social Media; Twitter dying, Reddit Shenanigans, fun with Facebook.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thought I'd start this since well, I noticed the Twitter for KHInsider has been removed from the forums. (No not glaring at you mods. I figure it was b/c of Musk's latest shenanigans that broke it. I don't give Twitter more than 5 years to live as it is!)

But anyway; Musk broke Twitter bad, there's problems with Reddit..but yeah. This is the place to talk about it. And yes, on forums you still see Twitter, it's STILL broken..

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I've engaged with the platform so sparingly over the years not really making a full-commitment to it. Musk's actions basically obliterating the staff since he took ownership, and the various issues with 2FA, monetizing the verification system on top of increasing the amount of advertisement on the platform exponentially (whether you have twitter blue or not you will get ad spammed)

What even was the reason for this latest stunt to limit the number of tweets that can be viewed a day 6k tweets? Even regular media outlets interns have relied on twitter as an outlet for reporting/info collecting...then they get that fat ass error message, yikes!

Fediverse it is then.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I know what you mean, geez loize! I'm just trying to figure out how to get Threads into Ferdium so I don't have to visit it in browser :) That's what I liked about Twitter, and as it is I may have to stop using Tweetdeck! Geez.

I'm also someone that didn't make a full commitment; I mostly use it to keep in touch with friends and keep up with gaming stuff. So yeah...I just hope Playstation and everyone else moves to Threads or something. ^^

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Honestly, the faster Twitter collapses the better, but it hurt to see all of my nitter rss news feeds die overnight. Between this, the Reddit implosion, YouTube experimenting with blocking adblockers and third party apps, Netflix cracking down on password sharing, etc, it feels like the end of an era.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
makes me miss the lively, bustling nature of gaming forums from the days of yore... memorizing all the little icons and signatures, the little idiosyncrasies and quirks of each poster.... finding the proverbial chinks in their armor for which i could later use to artfully maneuver myself above them in debates regarding Goofy's hat and the importance of stagger in action games... it's all so decentralized

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
makes me miss the lively, bustling nature of gaming forums from the days of yore... memorizing all the little icons and signatures, the little idiosyncrasies and quirks of each poster.... finding the proverbial chinks in their armor for which i could later use to artfully maneuver myself above them in debates regarding Goofy's hat and the importance of stagger in action games... it's all so decentralized
Yeah, if one good thing can come out of this, I hope it's the revitalisation of old style forums. It was definitely a healthier time.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
No kidding on forums. Tho I know RPGamer went to Discord instead of forums, but that's them.

I figure some here aren't sorry the twitter's gone here though, especially after the epic break that happened a while back.

LoneFox

Awards
So, apparently the bird is getting replaced with the Recusant's Sigil, of all things... 😆

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Worrying. Now Xehanort can track every Twitter user at all times.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I still don't know if Musk is either this incredibly inept at running Twitter, or it's all an elaborate scheme to intentionally kill the company as petty revenge for some tweet that offended him.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I think he's doing that thing a lot of successful people do; become convinced they're good at everything, and no longer have anyone in their life someone to tell them they're being a moron.

I don't think he's doing it on purpose, because if he runs Twitter into the ground like a year after buying it, that makes him look like the worst businessman.

Laeril

Awards
I changed my profile pic on the site formerly known as Twitter to a guy in a black coat because that's what all the KH fans are doing. How about you?

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh look, Sonic X is trending.

So apparently tweets are now called "xeets", pronounced like "sheet". Which makes sense, this whole thing is pretty damn xeety.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
This is such a colossally stupid move. Most companies can only dream of having invented verbs like tweet and retweeting. And he's just replacing everything... with a boring X.

But actually in our parlance, it's actually χ, and it's pronounced keets!

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I only made a Twitter account, which I avoided doing for the longest time, to do one thing: promote a multi-animator project I’m heading. And I only made it because everyone could see Twitter. Now with recent shenanigans from their higher ups, it feels like that was for nothing.

This is such a colossally stupid move. Most companies can only dream of having invented verbs like tweet and retweeting. And he's just replacing everything... with a boring X.

Right? He apparently wants the tweets to now be called “X”s. Like, really? Are people supposed to be sending kisses? Crosses? Deadly exes? Seriously, X can mean very different things depending on the person. Even if Musk wants to make it tie into his SpaceX thing, he should’ve just made his own app rather than take over an existing app. He has the money for it.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Thankfully throughout Twitter's entire time en vogue, I never had an account on there. After living through all the discord its wrought in the world the past half decade, I admit I do feel proud about that. If one has to survive, I guess I'll take Meta between the two, although it would be nice to have both Facebook and Twitter erased.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Login > Giant "X" > First tweet reads, "ALL WILL BE LOST TO YOU" - Xemnas > Logout.

"Its funny to me too, I mean it's strange to me too, but we talkin' bout practice (X) not the game (twitter) the actual game (twitter)." - Allan Iverson

Back