• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
There’s an Xbox Showcase rumored for June 9th. Imagine a repeat of E3 2018 where we had the three trailers back to back. Just with the PlayStation Showcase, SGF, and Xbox Showcase this time. I would not be mad about the wait if that happens. lol

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I am an impatient fumo I will literally scour the web for some leaker with rep and beg them to give me some KH dirt

HakaishinChampa

Awards
There’s an Xbox Showcase rumored for June 9th. Imagine a repeat of E3 2018 where we had the three trailers back to back. Just with the PlayStation Showcase, SGF, and Xbox Showcase this time. I would not be mad about the wait if that happens. lol
There is the chance of KH4 being Playstation exclusive though so we might not see it at the xbox event. Hope I'm wrong.

E3 2018 was so hype, those trailers had me screaming IRL.

If they want KH4 to get a huge amount of press and hype, the first re-reveal trailer has to be a Star Wars announcement.

A trailer showing a Darth Vader bossfight, Lightsaber keyblade and the Gravity Spell (Sora would yell "Force!" in KH1 lol) would be so cool to see.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
There is the chance of KH4 being Playstation exclusive though so we might not see it at the xbox event. Hope I'm wrong.

If they want KH4 to get a huge amount of press and hype, the first re-reveal trailer has to be a Star Wars announcement.

A trailer showing a Darth Vader bossfight, Lightsaber keyblade and the Gravity Spell (Sora would yell "Force!" in KH1 lol) would be so cool to see.
I have the completely baseless theory that Avatar will the 1st confirmed world and Endor will be like BH6 where they don't actually show it in action until way later.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Yeah exclusivity is of course a factor. If it doesn’t show up at the PS Showcase, I don’t think it’ll be an exclusive though.

I think it makes sense for the Star Wars reveal to be next too. If it is though, I think they’ll want it to be at an event with a broader audience. So no casual drops on their social channels like the last one for Missing Link.

Maybe they drop a Missing Link trailer on its own in the next couple weeks before the beta starts or right after it finishes. Then the KH4 Star Wars trailer is during the PS showcase.

If that doesn’t happen, I think both trailers will appear during SGF.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
The next update will be on the thirteenth day of the thirteenth month where they unveil the Simpsons world. :p

I swear to Christ, if I gotta explain the joke...

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
The next update will be on the thirteenth day of the thirteenth month where they unveil the Simpsons world. :p

I swear to Christ, if I gotta explain the joke...
you don't have to, i know it. but i'm not waiting till Smarch for any new info.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Fingers crossed, but we’ll see:
It'll probably be mainly about the Disney-Fortnite collab but we can hope.

There's many opportunities this year for trailers. SGF, any State of Play, D23, TGS, Game Awards and Jump Festa

Unfortunately all we can do is speculate. I'm hoping we get something on the 10th but I doubt it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Fingers crossed, but we’ll see:

I’m hoping there will be a separate video game showcase/panel. Mainly because the Experience keynote will be happening at the same time as the FFVII Rebirth concert in LA. So the SE people will probably be at that instead. But if there’s a video game panel earlier that day or another day during D23, it’s perfect timing for them to attend both.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Tomorrow will be 2 years since KH4 was announced. Time has both flown by and felt so long.

Praying for a Disney brand synergy once KH4 is back in the spotlight with a Kingdom Hearts Star Path in Dreamlight Valley.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi hair options, their outfits, motifs of the other characters, a Chirithy / Shadow / Meow Wow companion, a Keyblade skin for the Hourglass, Organisation XIII cloak for Mickey and KH outfits for Donald and Goofy, sea salt ice cream added to the cooking menu, and various items to place and things to hold. I'd be so happy.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Tomorrow will be 2 years since KH4 was announced. Time has both flown by and felt so long.

Praying for a Disney brand synergy once KH4 is back in the spotlight with a Kingdom Hearts Star Path in Dreamlight Valley.

Sora, Riku, and Kairi hair options, their outfits, motifs of the other characters, a Chirithy / Shadow / Meow Wow companion, a Keyblade skin for the Hourglass, Organisation XIII cloak for Mickey and KH outfits for Donald and Goofy, sea salt ice cream added to the cooking menu, and various items to place and things to hold. I'd be so happy.

There’s a lot of potential there! I’d have to check DV out if that happens!

I’m also interested to see what they may do with this being the first major title in the Disney+ era. Even if it’s just a playlist of “As seen in KH4” films or something. But what if really like to see is a documentary for the game similar to what Rebirth had recently.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's a great game that scratches that little Disney itch that's been missing with KH gone.

Outside of buying the game and the expansion (which brings in 5 extra characters in Gaston, Rapunzel, Eve, and most likely Oswald and Jafar) I've not had to spend a single cent on the game. It's got so much free content since characters are added in free updates, and premium currency is so easy to earn with the DreamSnaps photo feature.

Plus it's been good to keep track of seeing which recent voice actors would return for a game (or schedule depending) since it has a lot more recent movie characters like Mirabel and Moana.

I don't need the actual Sora or a story in this game, just a star path (which is similar to a battle pass but it's only available for 2 months, then some of the rewards from that gets filtered into the premium shop) with that stuff mentioned above would do.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Tomorrow and the morning after.

Let's see what happens.

If nothing I am gonna be annoyed that I gotta wait for Geoff's funny June show for a chance at something.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Tomorrow and the morning after.

Let's see what happens.

If nothing I am gonna be annoyed that I gotta wait for Geoff's funny June show for a chance at something.

I was really hoping for it, but I’m doubtful at this point. I just can’t see them blind dropping it with no kind of teaser to get people’s attention first. But maybe at the very least a written update from Nomura about the state of development would be appreciated.

The KH4 trailer was posted to the social channels around 8pm Japan time on the 10th. Or 7am EST. So that’ll be the time to wait for. Maybe a little after, but I doubt any later than 9pm.

Random thought, if Donald and Goofy will be reunited with Sora early on for this journey, I wonder how they will approach that with the marketing? I think they’d have to show us how they get to Quadratum before showing them running around with Sora in the other worlds.

Liodin

Awards
Maybe if Geoff hadn't shown Rebirth last year I would tell you that KH4 could be shown at next month's PlayStation Showcase, but right now I'm confident that june 7th will be our day, in just 2 months.

But certainly not tomorrow.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Maybe if Geoff hadn't shown Rebirth last year I would tell you that KH4 could be shown at next month's PlayStation Showcase, but right now I'm confident that june 7th will be our day, in just 2 months.

But certainly not tomorrow.
Why would Rebirth being shown at a showcase LAST YEAR affect KH hypothetically showing up at the one next month?

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
Why would Rebirth being shown at a showcase LAST YEAR affect KH hypothetically showing up at the one next month?
I think what Liodin is saying is that Rebirth's re-reveal at SGF may have established a precedent. I.e., Geoff seems to have a good relationship with CBU1 leadership at Square (particularly, it seems, Nomura himself), so it's possible they will use the same platform for KH4's re-reveal.

Liodin

Awards
Exactly that.

I also want to add that since the Rebirth trailer at SGF, Geoff has been personally thanking "Nomura-san", as he says, every chance he gets. Something he hasn't done with other developers.

I will share with you some that I could find/remember, in chronological order.

Links:

Back