• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

When are we expecting news?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I think what Liodin is saying is that Rebirth's re-reveal at SGF may have established a precedent. I.e., Geoff seems to have a good relationship with CBU1 leadership at Square (particularly, it seems, Nomura himself), so it's possible they will use the same platform for KH4's re-reveal.
Oh.

I didn't exactly get that cuz they said "If Geoff HADN'T shown Rebirth at last year's showcase" which gave me the impression that they meant Rebirth showing up last year means KH4 can't show up this year.

bambii

Awards
Website
twitter.com
In other news, Utada released a brand new re-recording of Hikari today 😳 I feel like the chances of this making it into KH4 are non-zero…

HakaishinChampa

Awards
In other news, Utada released a brand new re-recording of Hikari today 😳 I feel like the chances of this making it into KH4 are non-zero…

Hey KH news-adjacent, I'll take it, this re-recording is so good

I wonder if Missing Link will get it's own opening, they could use this song for it or KH4's credits

PikaPal

Awards
I haven't been doing much KH stuff recently hence why it's been super quiet for me on here recently but once we do get that big juicy bit of news we've been waiting for, here's hoping they cooked up some good stuff for KHIV.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Well that’s pretty much a wrap on 4/10. Seems this week they are focusing on FFXVI DLC stuff. Plus the Rebirth soundtrack released today, so that was being pushed.

My sights are now set on SGF with the possibility of a surprise at the PS showcase. May the 4th as another possible surprise date with the ML beta ending right before that.

I think we’ll probably get some new footage of Missing Link sooner than SGF at least after the beta ends.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
While I do think the marketing of other games has some impact on news timing, I think the main reason we haven’t seen it yet is because they want to wait until they are about 8-9 months from release. That’s the trend their last few games have followed. They go dark after announcement. Then once they are re-revealed, they release 8-10 months later. Rebirth, Visions of Mana, and SaGa all are examples of this.

So if it’s releasing in January/February, then May/June is most likely when they’ll show it.

This is what I’m manifesting:

Re-reveal at SGF with early 2025 release window. Release date reveal at D23. Another trailer at TGS. Another at TGA maybe with the theme song reveal. (Imagine if Utada performed at TGA.) And then the release in January/February.

Also manifesting that the hypothetical TGA trailer will reveal Cloud and Sephiroth are returning. Since Rebirth should be nominated and a strong contender for GOTY, I think it would be an epic moment to show them there (if they’re in the game of course.) If Rebirth wins GOTY, it would then be a huge marketing win for KH4 too.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Kitase confirmed in the Rebirth Ultimania that development only took about three years since about a year was spent on Intermission. They want to stick to that schedule for Part 3, so we’ll likely see it in 2027 if everything goes according to plan. That’s the 30th anniversary of FFVII too.

So maybe we get KH4 early next year, DQXII early 2026 at the latest, and VIIR Part 3 early 2027. If they can develop a game like Rebirth in 3 years, I don’t think KH4 should be taking more than 4-5 even factoring in its engine change.

It also makes me hopeful that once KH4 releases, we could see a similar dev time for KH5 and onward if they keep the same team and engine for a while. Then if they just create one more team to develop side games that release about halfway through those 3 year gaps, we could get a new game every 1-2 years again.

Liodin

Awards
Then if they just create one more team to develop side games that release about halfway through those 3 year gaps, we could get a new game every 1-2 years again.
The Osaka team started out making side games and ended up being the main team.

So they should have h.a.n.d. do the side games. They are the developers of Days and Re:Coded, who ended up making NEO: TWEWY, which was developed in UE4.

Edit: Not UE4, Unity. Like Melody of Memory.

Last edited:
Back