• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

7 Lights vs 13 Darknesses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm purely making things up here, but every time I hear/see/think about seven light warriors vs thirteen dark warriors, I have to wonder how such a battle would become possible in the realm of kingdom hearts fights. I've come up with two scenarios:

1.) All of the characters are assembled at some sort of battle ground (I personally imagine the keyblade graveyard, nice and open with plenty of space) and the player switches between each of the heroes as the battle goes on. In the background you can see other fights going on while you're doing yours, and you have to beat on whoever you're fighting a certain amount before the game switches over. When a villain is defeated, the game goes into a sequence similar to defeating Xemnas at the end of KH II, and then the winning hero fights another dark warrior. I don't really know how to account for six extra dark characters on the field, unless everyone is fighting two characters at once, like the one Terra fight in BBS.

2.) Similar to the above, except the game implements online functionality so you're playing with other players controlling the heroes alongside you. The fights are separated, but I think at some point two vs two should be implemented so you're actually fighting with other players. The final darkness warrior, whoever he may be, unleashes a final form that everyone has to fight together.

Just pure speculation. If this were actually implemented, having seven different combat systems potentially running at once sounds crazy. I also thought about players controlling the dark warriors, but what happens if they win? Feel free to contribute to or criticize my ideas.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
While it's cool to have an all-out battle royale against the 13 darknesses in the Keyblade Graveyard, I highly doubt it would happen. What I think is that over the course of KH3, Sora and co. will encounter some of the 13 and defeat them at that instant. Therefore, the final battle taking place in the KG (or whatever the final dungeon will be) will probably be only against a few members, and they will be progressive just like how Xigbar, Luxord, Saïx, and Xemnas were handled in KH2.

As for online multiplayer during the main storyline, hmm... I'd probably have to say that it won't happen, and I'd really hate (sorry if I came off as a bit too strong) for that to happen. That means those who have the game but no Internet connection won't be able to get past that point, and it'd be such a disappointing turn to take. Online functionality should be kept away from the main storyline, or at least not be essential.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
While it's cool to have an all-out battle royale against the 13 darknesses in the Keyblade Graveyard, I highly doubt it would happen. What I think is that over the course of KH3, Sora and co. will encounter some of the 13 and defeat them at that instant. Therefore, the final battle taking place in the KG (or whatever the final dungeon will be) will probably be only against a few members, and they will be progressive just like how Xigbar, Luxord, Saïx, and Xemnas were handled in KH2.
I don't know why all of the X-Blade fragments wouldn't be present at the same place and time; it's pretty essential to the plot advancement.

What I think is that over the course of KH3, Sora and co. will encounter some of the 13 and defeat them at that instant.
That does seem highly likely, but in that case I feel like the ones we fought in 3D wouldn't make an appearance since we already beat them, unless they become revamped somehow.

You make fair points about the online, but it'd still be cool if they found a way to implement it as extra content or something. I also just imagined seven people using disneyland rides at the same time.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know why all of the X-Blade fragments wouldn't be present at the same place and time; it's pretty essential to the plot advancement.

One scenario that I have in mind is that the gathering of the 7/13 happens somewhere within the first or second quarter of the game. When the χ-blade has been formed, MX has his lackeys go wreak havoc in the worlds, keeping Sora and co. busy in trying to stop them while he himself tries to unlock KH for his own.

But I admit, this sounds like bad writing. Something as climactic as the reforging of the χ-blade is better off being reserved for the periods preceding the end of the game.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
One scenario that I have in mind is that the gathering of the 7/13 happens somewhere within the first or second quarter of the game. When the χ-blade has been formed, MX has his lackeys go wreak havoc in the worlds, keeping Sora and co. busy in trying to stop them while he himself tries to unlock KH for his own.

But I admit, this sounds like bad writing. Something as climactic as the reforging of the χ-blade is better off being reserved for the periods preceding the end of the game.

Besides, Xehanort's reports state once the X-Blade is forged Kingdom Hearts is summoned instantly. It even happens in Birth by Sleep BEFORE the hearts intersect.

I feel like all of the pieces will have to be together at the same time. The princesses had to ALL be present in KH1, and all the darknesses were gathered...almost in 3D. Why bother having a specific amount of fragments if they aren't all needed at once?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
So I guess there's no way for a 7-on-13 battle royale not to take place, huh? Well, I'm glad that there are arguments against my opinion.

Then I think they will handle it in a similar manner to how they handled TAV's final battle with MX and Vanitas. Probably, as the OP said, there will be simultaneous major fights, but also with cutscenes in-between. Like, we get to control Sora in his fight against a Norganization member, then after his / her defeat, there's a cutscene that serves as a transition to the next battle (for example, Riku against another member).

That really is what I think a possible scenario, although it very much can go beyond this. It's not just a battle, it's a potential war after all, and it has to be of crazy proportions.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Who says that it has to happen that way? The plot can be advanced without that. Throwing the formula off and eliminating the thirteen seekers one by one (by destroying those willingly aiding Xehanort and freeing those controlled by him) is actually one of the most sure-fire ways to throw a wrench into Xehanort's plans and make him vulnerable for the final showdown, as I tend to assume Xehanort cannot be defeated for good as long as there are still parts of him scattered in other bodies and/or hearts.

Xehanort preaches in DDD that things may be inevitably lead to the X-blade being reformed, but that's only his arrogance again getting up to him. He claimed plenty of things being inevitable during the whole series which then turned out happening differently in the end anyways.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I imagine Sora and the gang will encounter the Seekers over the course of III, but they won't actually defeat any of them.

This would, in a narrative sense, show their strength and heighten tensions as it becomes more obvious that Xehanort has the upper hand; has always had the upper hand.

Then, the final clash at the Keyblade Graveyard will swap between all of the playable characters, as I personally think that Sora [, Donald and Goofy] and Riku [and Mickey] at the very least will both be playable. Ideally I'd have Lea also playable [with Kairi] (also dat Saïx fight) but I won't get my hopes up.

If Sora's the only playable character, then he'll be zooming through the different fights, having his party members swap between the other Guardians.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I think all of the characters present in the DDD opening sequence, which are:

Sora
Riku
Roxas
Mickey
Aqua
Ventus
Terra

Not so coincidently totalling at 7, will all be present for the final showdown, with TAV all coming back around beforehand. I can't comment on who'll be playable but part of me is dying to have a go as Ven again. I can see it being one big showdown like Birth By Sleep but on a grander scale, and there's nothing stopping a few extra's help out in the fight, regardless of whether it has to be 7 v 13 or not. Those extra's will probably be Kairi, Lea and maybe Xion.

This is just speculation anyway, but I definitely see the DDD opening to be foreshadowing if it wasn't already just for that moment when they all appear behind Sora with his dreameaters talking to Xigbar and Xemnas.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I definitely anticipate a showdown between the 7 and 13. It was pretty hyped up in DDD. So, yes, while the story is capable of picking off the Darknesses one by one, I don't think it'd be such a great idea to backpeddle on what would be an epic finale battle. Plus, I do want to see how they'll handle the fight with the numbers being so off-balance. It's almost obvious Donald and Goofy will be present. Will we finally get Disney/Final Fantasy party members from other worlds aiding us, breaking the "world order" formality? I'd really like to see how everything comes together for this big clash.

I think all of the characters present in the DDD opening sequence, which are:

Sora
Riku
Roxas
Mickey
Aqua
Ventus
Terra

Not so coincidently totalling at 7

Master Xehanort said:
"Sora and another on your list belong to me now."

This was part of Master Xehanort's reply to Mickey's list of Lights, which included TAV. It was heavily hinted Terra was one of the Darknesses. We can't assume he meant Ven or Aqua, because at the end of the game Ven is seen in the Chamber of Waking, and in the secret ending Aqua is seen in the Realm of Darkness[spoilers].

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Who says that it has to happen that way? The plot can be advanced without that. Throwing the formula off and eliminating the thirteen seekers one by one (by destroying those willingly aiding Xehanort and freeing those controlled by him) is actually one of the most sure-fire ways to throw a wrench into Xehanort's plans and make him vulnerable for the final showdown, as I tend to assume Xehanort cannot be defeated for good as long as there are still parts of him scattered in other bodies and/or hearts.

Xehanort preaches in DDD that things may be inevitably lead to the X-blade being reformed, but that's only his arrogance again getting up to him. He claimed plenty of things being inevitable during the whole series which then turned out happening differently in the end anyways.
"Essential" was a rather poor of words, yes. Granted, DDD built a lot of anticipation for the climatic keyblade war; I think it'd be poor storytelling to take another route, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back