• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexeon

Here is a theory I originally posted back in December of last year.
With the new information that has arose which further helps it, I feel I should post it YET AGAIN.

Part One- Coded to 358/2 Days

In Coded, the premise of the game is to discover the meaning of a phrase written in Jiminy's journal.
"We must return to free them from their torment."

In 358/2 Days, a 14th member is shown to have once existed in the Organization. However, in Kingdom Hearts 2, no mention of this character is ever made. If they had died, wouldn't they have received a grave in Proof Of Existence, like the other members of the Organization? Perhaps she hadn't received that 'honor'? I'd only assume that she had done something to be terminated from the Organization

Edit: Or as Riku-Keyblade and SufferingAngel suggested, her not being a Nobody would also explain not having a Proof of Existence. If that is the case, then this entire last paragraph can be disregarded.

img004.jpg

Who ever wrote that phrase in Jiminy's Journal I can only assume to have happened after the events of COM. I can't think of another plausible time when someone would have had the opportunity to write that in the journal without it being known how it got there. Incidentally, it is during 358/2's storyline, which encompasses COM, that the 14th member is added and terminated.

So theory: the 14th member was the one who wrote that line in Jiminy's Journal. Since to have been able to get that close to Jiminy, and Sora along with him, the person would have to be an accomplice of Riku, DiZ or Namine in someway, I'd assume. Obviously if the Organization were to learn of an association between a member of their own, and DiZ, one of their most formidable enemies, I could only assume they'd remove her from the Organization and kill her shortly afterwards.

Proof of a possible connection can be seen in the recent scan obtained:
5ze0ck.jpg

Namine:Surely she can't endure it.
Due to the lack of female characters in the game, I'm feeling it must be the 14th member she is referring to, unless it is a new character as a whole.
And come on. What are the chances of Nomura making two new female characters THAT ACTUALLY HAVE IMPORTANCE TO THE PLOT in one game?

Part Two-Further expansion to include BBS

Playing on the idea which I believe, that Aqua is the 14th member.

That might help shed light on the quote.

"We must return to free them from their torment."

Who is their? Well, if it was in fact written by Aqua, I could only assume she'd mean Ven and Terra. What exactly would be the 'pain'? Well, another thing I find safe to assume would be that in the ending trailer to KH2/FM that the three knights lost that battle. We saw something happen to Terra, though we aren't completely sure yet, and Ven was in a horrible condition when we last saw him. Aqua was the only one, as far as we could tell, to make it out of the battle relatively unscathed. So I don't think it would be too big a leap, if Aqua did write the line, that it could not have to do with the events from BBS.

Nomura is shedding very little light on Aqua and the 14th member.
If she is in fact what links together all three games, it would make much sense why he would do that then, wouldn't you think?

Discuss.

Nice theory. I'm not sure what you mean with the connection with 358/2 Days though. Why would she try and help Roxas...because he looks like Ven?

A

Audo

ಡ_ಡ I'm gonna have to disagree with that logic.

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - Image Viewer

Imagine trying to write in that.

Look how small the book is. Look how small the print is. Look how neat the print is.
I know. And while it may not make sense to you, but I think it is only a plot device. All were supposed to wonder is why it is there, who wrote it, why they wrote it, what it means, I really don't think we're supposed to question how they could write so small. I honestly don't think that plays a big enough part to make it only Jiminy who could write it.

But lets say that it is Jiminy who wrote it, hypothetically, how is he connected to the "them" in the message? Plus didn't (may be wrong, will have to refresh) but didnt Nomura also say that the message had to do with the true enemy of the game. Does that mean Jiminy is the true enemy? O____O

Also for it to be in Sora's Journey-Book, that would mean Sora would have to be with him as well, so why didn't we see anything on it?

I don't know, I guess I just can't see it being Jiminy simply because of small print =/

Awards
Awards
I know. And while it may not make sense to you, but I think it is only a plot device. All were supposed to wonder is why it is there, who wrote it, why they wrote it, what it means, I really don't think we're supposed to question how they could write so small. I honestly don't think that plays a big enough part to make it only Jiminy who could write it.

But lets say that it is Jiminy who wrote it, hypothetically, how is he connected to the "them" in the message? Plus didn't (may be wrong, will have to refresh) but didnt Nomura also say that the message had to do with the true enemy of the game. Does that mean Jiminy is the true enemy? O____O

Also for it to be in Sora's Journey-Book, that would mean Sora would have to be with him as well, so why didn't we see anything on it?

I don't know, I guess I just can't see it being Jiminy simply because of small print =/

Besides the fact of it being relatively impossible for someone else to have done it, need I remind that it is HIS journal? When has anyone else written in it? I think it's a bit silly to brush it off as a "plot device." For the time being, it's completely illogical.

And if you go back a few of my posts, you would have seen that I suggested that he might have written and forgotten about it for an important reason.

It might have been like with Namine. He wrote "Thank Namine" to remind himself of the event after the emerged from sleep.

And who ever said that the message being connected to the true enemy had to involve the writer of the message? Nothing to do with Jiminy. Nomura is talking about "them" being connected, obviously.

Awards
Besides the fact of it being relatively impossible for someone else to have done it, need I remind that it is HIS journal? When has anyone else written in it? I think it's a bit silly to brush it off as a "plot device." For the time being, it's completely illogical.

And if you go back a few of my posts, you would have seen that I suggested that he might have written and forgotten about it for an important reason.

It might have been like with Namine. He wrote "Thank Namine" to remind himself of the event after the emerged from sleep.

Or he could have been possessed by mysterious spirits or something. Not saying I like the idea, but still...
And apart from that, the note might have been "Digitalised" into the journal. Nomura does love his data after all.

A

Audo

And when could he have written that, and forgotten about it, during the course of Kingdom Hearts? It would have had to have been after CoM seeing as how the book is erased in it, and then he writes "Thank Nami" and he says in KH2 that there is only one sentence. So when could he have forgotten about it over the course of KH? =/

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I could see Aqua as being the 14th member.
Xemnas was seen staring mournfully at her rotting armor, remember? Maybe they grew close during her time as #14, only to be devastated that she was a spy or something.

While I agree that might be why Xemnas seems to have given up on Emotions more than other Nobodies, thus his mockery of Axel and Roxas's "Friendship", I still find it hard to go along with anything giving so much emotional capabilities to a Nobody XD;

Personally, I like the concept that KH1 isn't the true story as it happened, but actually the Memories as Namine is piecing them back together in Sora's Heart, along with everyone else's. That doesn't mean she did it just the way it was supposed to be, however.
We only know that the Memories we were shown in KH1 are back together - and we can't really be sure of that in the long run.
Who's to say the Memories from Namine are the only Memories she left unattached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back