• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A Link

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

yugi300

Yeah like wtf man Nomura sure picked a good time to try and tie XIV with the story somehow!

Awards
If it all happens during CO time or what have you, then how is that supposed to tell us secrets of KH1?
The worlds Sora went to in CoM and Re:CoM were generated from his memories, but they werent exact to what had happened to him.

I think that translation may be a mistranslation or wrong wording because earlier in that same interview doesnt he specifically say that Coded was different from CoM in that these worlds weren't made from Sora's memories? If that's the case then it doesnt take place during CoM time =/ I don't know, it certainly is confusing.

Secrets of KH? What? No clue.

If Mickey says "I was there on that day" then I would think it meant in real life too, and this is when we actually get to see it.

Is this the question you were talking about? It came from a different interview:

There was an adventure in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, in the Kingdom Hearts series, will the Data World be following Kingdom Hearts series as well?
TN: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, was created to relive the worlds created by Sora's Memory. This game differs from Chain of Memories, as there will be a brand new story, since the bug has corrupted the data. Questions will be answered to, such as where the King had gone, and also what Riku has been doing.

It does seem a bit contradictory, but that second sentence makes it sound like it's an alternate timeline during CoM. Yet Riku...

EDIT:

I don't care much for the handwriting.
It doesn't seem to differentiate much throughout the game.
Though the Jiminy thing had occurred to me as well since isn't the journal tiny? Or is it normal sized?
~shrugs~

I wouldn't see it horribly unlikely if Jiminy did it.
Especially since then his memory could have just been messed with again.
I don't think it was written during KH2 though. I'm still leaning towards the year of slumber.

Yes, well, Nomura wrote the journal in the Japanese version, so they said Jiminy technically has his handwriting. The expression is written in English, but it's the same font they've always used, implying that it was Jiminy that wrote it. And it's tiny as hell anyway:

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - Image Viewer

So I think that we can say that Jiminy wrote it. And I wasn't saying he wrote it during KH2.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Secrets of KH? What? No clue.

If Mickey says "I was there on that day" then I would think it meant in real life too, and this is when we actually get to see it.

Is this the question you were talking about? It came from a different interview:

It does seem a bit contradictory, but that second sentence makes it sound like it's an alternate timeline during CoM. Yet Riku...
I meant the mysterious of KH1, like Mickey and the Riku and what they were doing the whole time. =/
I'm confused about it all. But something i think may contradict it a bit more is the fact that it says Sora awakens on DI, makes it kind of seem none CO. Not to mention there is a scene that is exactly like one we see in KH1 (Donald/Goofy/Sora meeting each other) except it is simply shown from a different view point (being Pluto's). Coded is definitely something they need to elaborate on more I think =/

Oh and here is what the "handwriting" (if you'll even call it that) looks like in Coded:
newimage2.jpg

EDIT: Darn you GA, editing your post v.v

Awards
I meant the mysterious of KH1, like Mickey and the Riku and what they were doing the whole time. =/
I'm confused about it all. But something i think may contradict it a bit more is the fact that it says Sora awakens on DI, makes it kind of seem none CO. Not to mention there is a scene that is exactly like one we see in KH1 (Donald/Goofy/Sora meeting each other) except it is simply shown from a different view point (being Pluto's). Coded is definitely something they need to elaborate on more I think =/

Oh and here is what the "handwriting" (if you'll even call it that) looks like in Coded:
newimage2.jpg

EDIT: Darn you GA, editing your post v.v

Yeah, like not even the trailer summary seems to get it straight:

The video then officially begins with Jiminy Cricket looking at his journal, the words "Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories" pop-up. He then notices something he did not right in his journal "You need to return, to heal the wounds" Jiminy Cricket then rushes to report to King Mickey. Mickey who is startled by this only replies with "Only he is the one who can solve it." The scene soon changes to Sora standing in Destiny Islands, in Kingdom Hearts 1. However Sora only appears in the form of computer data that is being transmitted.

Maybe this takes place over both games and what Jiminy chronicled? Makes no sense, nah. Or maybe it's an extremely ****ed up alternate version of Castle Oblivion... gah... I don't get it.

Seriously, what the hell?

A

Audo

Yeah, like not even the trailer summary seems to get it straight:

Maybe this takes place over both games and what Jiminy chronicled? Makes no sense, nah. Or maybe it's an extremely ****ed up alternate version of Castle Oblivion... gah... I don't get it.

Seriously, what the hell?
I don't know either v.v So confusing.
I think when it mentions CoM, it is because Jiminy is like narating and he says that all of the journal was erased in CoM... or something like that?

Sexy Angel
SORRY, I didnt read through three pages of discussion to announce my answer, so dont f*** with me.

Part Two-Further expansion to include BBS

Playing on the idea which I believe, that Aqua is the 14th member.

That might help shed light on the quote.

"We must return to free them from their torment."

Who is their? Well, if it was in fact written by Aqua, I could only assume she'd mean Ven and Terra. What exactly would be the 'pain'? Well, another thing I find safe to assume would be that in the ending trailer to KH2/FM that the three knights lost that battle. We saw something happen to Terra, though we aren't completely sure yet, and Ven was in a horrible condition when we last saw him. Aqua was the only one, as far as we could tell, to make it out of the battle relatively unscathed. So I don't think it would be too big a leap, if Aqua did write the line, that it could not have to do with the events from BBS.

ANSWER: Impossible. Jimminy only saw "Thank Namine" in his journal when Sora and Co. awoken.

A

Audo

^Could have overlooked it, I mean... he had that message in there SOMETIME during KH. =/ Again... confusing.

Sexy Angel
I dont see how a person... cricket could miss seeing another message in a completely empty book. :\

A

Audo

I don't see how he could miss a mysterious message that takes up a complete page, even in a full book =/
I also don't understand when it could have been written other than when they were asleep =/

Sexy Angel
The message could have been written before or after the 'current' KH trilogy. *shrugs*

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
I dont see how a person... cricket could miss seeing another message in a completely empty book. :\
I don't see how someone could have taken the journal at some point while Jiminy was awake during the course of KH2 to write the message.

I personally find it being written during the period of slumber to make a lot more sense.
But thats just my opinion.

A

Audo

Yeah, and the funny thing is that all Nomura has to do is say "Oh he didn't check every page" and then it doesnt contradict anything o_O

Awards
Are you guys saying that someone else wrote that? Identical hand writing (font, but you get it), and ridiculously small?

Oh. It must have been Chip and Dale. Duh.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
Here's a thought. Do we know where Jiminy got the journal? He could have received it from somebody with the message already there.

And another thing. This whole theory is very plausible, and I like it a lot. The only thing is, Coded would have to be released first. If we knew who wrote the message from 358 days/2, it would spoil the big mystery of Coded.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And another thing. This whole theory is very plausible, and I like it a lot. The only thing is, Coded would have to be released first. If we knew who wrote the message from 358 days/2, it would spoil the big mystery of Coded.

You're assuming the message would be addressed in Days.

As for Aqua possibly being imprisoned, Xemnas already showed he had no trouble getting to HB. Maybe he took care of her for those nine years.

Last edited:
A

Audo

Are you guys saying that someone else wrote that? Identical hand writing (font, but you get it), and ridiculously small?

Oh. It must have been Chip and Dale. Duh.
You honestly believe that Jiminy wrote it and he simply forgot?
That'd be anticlimatic O_O

You're assuming the message would be addressed in Days.

As for Aqua possibly being imprisoned, Xemnas already showed he had no trouble getting to HB. Maybe he took care of her for those nine years.
Except that it was in Maleficent's control for those nine years, and he didn't show up until after she was dead. =/

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I could see Aqua as being the 14th member.
Xemnas was seen staring mournfully at her rotting armor, remember? Maybe they grew close during her time as #14, only to be devastated that she was a spy or something.

Awards
You honestly believe that Jiminy wrote it and he simply forgot?
That'd be anticlimatic O_O

Of course it would, with your particularly convenient choice of "simply" in there. You know he wouldn't just simply forget.

There is no scenario I can picture other than him writing it in which I don't laugh or roll my eyes.

The 14th can shrink! The 14th learns to write in size 1/4 font!
The book expands!
Chip and Dale offer a practical joke!
etc, etc.

A

Audo

If Mickey can read it just fine I'm sure someone could write it just fine....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back