• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A single character. (Community Project)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Hey, gang. 🤓 Happy holidays!

So, this is for a little project I'm cooking up, and I was hoping to get some feedback from the KHI community with regards to it. I can't believe it's been years now since a little game called KHIII came out and now we have our sights set on numero IV (and ML).

I simply want to hear from everyone: Which character (just one) are you MOST looking forward to seeing in the next mainline game and why?

Even if it's unrealistic or improbable, feel free to lay your dreams for KHIV out on the table. It could be a confirmed or unconfirmed returning character, it could be a character that hasn't shown up in the series at all (Disney, Square-Enix, etc). Is there a type of OC you would like to see? Lmk.

i.e. I'm looking forward to seeing Noctis (either XV or Versus XIII renditions) to show up and possibly offer clues to the similarities we see between him and Yozora. Plus, I'd love to see a "new" FF character introduced in KH, since it's been about 15 years since Zack came on board. I'm not counting Battle Portals or Medals as confirmed cameos, of course.

This isn't necessarily to drum up hype, I'm just curious to see where everyone's imaginations are at.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Riku. In KH3, Sora, Donald, and Goofy proved themselves to be THE dynamic characters of KH, outselling the friendships and bonds of the other trios. All of the best scenes are about them, and for a game that was meant to be about rescuing all these disparate characters, it's sad that it was our main trio that shone brightest.

This is why my eyes are on Riku now. He definitely felt a bit held back in KH3, mostly being occupied by a Repliku story that felt decidedly small compared to the things he went through before. His personality shrank. His emotions felt muted. So it interests me that Nomura is hedging his bets with Riku by sending him to Quadratum to be an important part of KH4. I love SDG the most, but they're a proven formula and I'm not concerned about them. I WANT to see Riku. I want to know how he'll change to be a more engaging primary character.

Soldier

Awards
Gilgamesh as a secret boss.

I've given up on Lightning appearing in the series, the game wasn't successful enough to Nomura and everyone considers it a sin on the franchise. It's a shame though, Ali Hillis is fantastic in the role. That's why I'd want Gilgamesh as a secret boss. Nomura didn't design him, but he fits in with enough camp to appeal to the disney side, but with enough grittiness to appeal to the final fantasy side. Doing so would rectify the "no more FF in KH" mindset that Nomura seems to be employing now, which is a shame. Wasn't that the whole driving force behind the franchise in the first place? to meld grim seriousness with childish wonder?

Anyways, I'd have him using knockoff weapons of previous FF heroes as he always does, and be fought on a bridge.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
With KH4 being what seems like a blank slate, I struggled to think of any potential character that would appear due to how the rules for the series might potentially be thrown out for this game and anything and anyone might be fair game.

And while I was thinking that, my mind kept being drifted back to Xehanort. I got a bit over him towards the lead up to KH3 and I was glad to see his saga end with that game, but then he appeared in Melody of Memory and there was that artwork from Nomura that lines up with a park near the Shibuya Crossing and my mind races with the implications of another version of him, somewhere out there, that had managed to cross over to Quadratum.

What would that mean for the series? What would that mean for Sora? Would a Xehanort who achieved his goals still be a foe, or would he be a friend?

We've not seen or heard a peep about KH4 in such a long time, but the various implications of what Xehanort knew about Quadratum and what that could mean is the one aspect that actually has me excited (probably because Xehanort's understanding of Unreality is the one part of KH4 we know about since MoM showed he know of its existence)

I'm keen to see where this all leads, if it leads somewhere.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
darth_vader_by_wraithdt-ca8a06699d334128a219abcaa62a1b9b.jpg

Do not disappoint on this bossfight, ok Square?

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
darth_vader_by_wraithdt-ca8a06699d334128a219abcaa62a1b9b.jpg

Do not disappoint on this bossfight, ok Square?
I think Darth is a rare situation where you might want to have a normal version of him during the story, and then a postgame version where you fight the 'real thing', so as to not insult one of the most iconic villains of all time.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I think Darth is a rare situation where you might want to have a normal version of him during the story, and then a postgame version where you fight the 'real thing', so as to not insult one of the most iconic villains of all time.
Data Disney bosses is a long overdue concept.

LoneFox

Awards
You are asking a hard question here. It would be very easy if we were talking about Missing-Link (the answer being Brain's girlfriend), and little bit harder but still quite easy for Verum Rex (that's Riku). But, as @Chaser already said above, we simply don't have enough information to understand who the really important characters in KH4 will be. It's not smart to wait for things that have high change of leaving you disappointed.

That said, there is one who we know to be in the game and has a lot going for her: Strelitzia. First, she could be a party member early in the game, before Donald and Goofy find their way to Quadratum. Then there is the question, how did she end up in there herself. Also possible is some aftermath of her crush on the Player, especially if they met again in Missing-Link. And interaction with her brother; Ludor went to Quadratum after being defeated in the Keyblade Graveyard, so it seems logical that the same happened to Lauriam. And finally, there are things to be revealed about her. It seems clear to me that she is the missing Princess of Heart from the Age of Fairytales, and that the Master of Masters planned her to be the mother of a whole family of pure lights, who then would become the "stronger keyblade wielders in the future" who defeat the Darknesses and restore light. Now, it is unlikely, but imagine if she and Ven happen to be in the same place when they learn about that... :ROFLMAO:

Overall, if only about half or so of what I described ends up happening, I think that's already a reason to wait for it.

vaderskywalker

Awards
For me, I have to say Terra, Ven, Roxas, or Xion, (and I mean one of those four), they are less developed than say, Aqua, Aqua is more developed than both Terra and Ven, the only one who seems to rival her in terms of character development is Roxas, despite only having one game and a quarter, and he somehow still feels more developed than the other three, I should probobly include Kairi, but what hasn't been said about her at this point considering her character development, let's just hope they give more development to one of these characters in The Lost Master Saga.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
You are asking a hard question here. It would be very easy if we were talking about Missing-Link (the answer being Brain's girlfriend), and little bit harder but still quite easy for Verum Rex (that's Riku). But, as @Chaser already said above, we simply don't have enough information to understand who the really important characters in KH4 will be. It's not smart to wait for things that have high change of leaving you disappointed.

No, no, no. :) My question wasn't based on what's confirmed, but what's desired by the fanbase. It varies from person to person. Don't let the rigidity of the sparse details we know inhibit your answers. That's not what this exercise is.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Luxord for me. He became one of my favorite characters thanks to KH3 and Re:MIND. I'm hoping we get to learn more about his connection to the Chi and possibly Yozora in KH4.

And how that card he gave to Sora will play out.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Luxord for me. He became one of my favorite characters thanks to KH3 and Re:MIND. I'm hoping we get to learn more about his connection to the Chi and possibly Yozora in KH4.

And how that card he gave to Sora will play out.
my theory is it is some kind of rules card for the universe and once Sora accesses its power, he can change the rules so that he doesn't have to be stuck in Quadratum

Back