• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

About keychains... (Fun discussion)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

vaderskywalker

Awards
does anyone else think some of the keychain placements in KH1 are kind of weird? for example, the lady luck keychain you can only get late game, and by the time you get it, you already have better keychains anyway, making it feel kind of redundant, what are your thoughts?

Soldier

Awards
does anyone else think some of the keychain placements in KH1 are kind of weird? for example, the lady luck keychain you can only get late game, and by the time you get it, you already have better keychains anyway, making it feel kind of redundant, what are your thoughts?
I'd argue it's placement, along with other "odd" placements in the game is indicative of KH 1's tendency to encourage exploration. It's actually pretty clever when you think about it.

The first keychain you're guaranteed to get is the Jungle King, which (canonically) is the first one Sora ever receives despite visiting Wonderland first. Eventually they'll reach the second set of worlds and receive the respective keychains from Agrabah, Monstro, Halloween Town, Atlantica and Neverland. By this point, smart players will wonder why they haven't received a keychain for wonderland or olympus, and if they are persistent, they'll be rewarded for their efforts with Lady Luck and Olympia, among the other keychains awarded through the colliseum and exploration of Hollow Bastion.
(Plus, Lady Luck is pretty overpowered as is, +2 magic in KH 1 is nothing to sneeze at).

vaderskywalker

Awards
I'd argue it's placement, along with other "odd" placements in the game is indicative of KH 1's tendency to encourage exploration. It's actually pretty clever when you think about it.

The first keychain you're guaranteed to get is the Jungle King, which (canonically) is the first one Sora ever receives despite visiting Wonderland first. Eventually they'll reach the second set of worlds and receive the respective keychains from Agrabah, Monstro, Halloween Town, Atlantica and Neverland. By this point, smart players will wonder why they haven't received a keychain for wonderland or olympus, and if they are persistent, they'll be rewarded for their efforts with Lady Luck and Olympia, among the other keychains awarded through the colliseum and exploration of Hollow Bastion.
(Plus, Lady Luck is pretty overpowered as is, +2 magic in KH 1 is nothing to sneeze at).
I never understood the magic, I always rely on strength, I mean I do use magic, but only for defensive stuff, or if a target is out of range, other than that, I prefer to hit things with my keyblade.

Soldier

Awards
I never understood the magic, I always rely on strength, I mean I do use magic, but only for defensive stuff, or if a target is out of range, other than that, I prefer to hit things with my keyblade.
Sometimes the extra magic bars come in handy during tough fights. That's why most people choose the staff when in the dive to the heart, the extra magic bar it provides gives you more opportunities to cast cure or aero.

vaderskywalker

Awards
Sometimes the extra magic bars come in handy during tough fights. That's why most people choose the staff when in the dive to the heart, the extra magic bar it provides gives you more opportunities to cast cure or aero.
While true, I am fine without the extra magic bars.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
The weirdest placement for me were some of the weapons you get during the Hercules and Hades Cups. Lionheart, Metal Chocobo, Yuffie's Shield, etc. seem to all come at a time when you have something better already.

Of course, sometimes with the characters at the end, it can be more about what you like visually when you're so powerful nothing really threatens you too much. For example, I always like D&G to carry Dream Shield and Dream Rod because I just like those and they sort of feel appropriate in End of the World somehow (continually going downwards into darkness to find the heart of all hearts, Kingdom Hearts, feels like a literal "dive into the heart").

Soldier

Awards
The weirdest placement for me were some of the weapons you get during the Hercules and Hades Cups. Lionheart, Metal Chocobo, Yuffie's Shield, etc. seem to all come at a time when you have something better already.

Of course, sometimes with the characters at the end, it can be more about what you like visually when you're so powerful nothing really threatens you too much. For example, I always like D&G to carry Dream Shield and Dream Rod because I just like those and they sort of feel appropriate in End of the World somehow (continually going downwards into darkness to find the heart of all hearts, Kingdom Hearts, feels like a literal "dive into the heart").
I always loved the little detail that you get the Dream Shield and Rod from Merlin. As a powerful wizard he's probably privy to Sora's dreams and saw them there, allowing him to manifest them in the waking world. (Also, it fits with some of the choices that Sora makes in the dive to the heart, Donald is good early game until level 50, when he starts to slow down in terms of levels, like the journey starting at the day choice. Conversely, Goofy is slow to level up until he reaches 50, and then he gets levels faster like the night choice). Though I do wish that Sora was able to obtain the dream sword or something similar to it, as it's apparently his "canon" choice of the 3 weapons according to Days.

Back