• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Adult Swim and Anime

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
If there's one thing Adult Swim will also never do, it's allow the F- and S-words to air uncensored in a show's dialogue. Like in Samurai Champloo, when Mugen curses...

Yeah, but that actually worked well for Samurai Champloo.

I remember back when Adult Swim was just an anime block on Saturday nights and a comedy block on Sunday nights. Back then, we had things like Mobile Suit Gundam, Outlaw Star, and an uncensored Yu-Yu Hakusho (plenty of "shits" and "damns").

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
They definantly need to air Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge on Adult Swim. I love those shows. Ikki and Bagi are so hawt.....err....cool.

You're kidding.....Anything with Oh Great's name slapped on it is a rip off of something else. Tenjou Tenge=Ikkitousen, Air Gear=Jet Set Radio. Though Tenjou Tenge's anime was a bit better than Ikkitousen (the manga was vulgar o_O)...

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Yeah, but that actually worked well for Samurai Champloo.

I remember back when Adult Swim was just an anime block on Saturday nights and a comedy block on Sunday nights. Back then, we had things like Mobile Suit Gundam, Outlaw Star, and an uncensored Yu-Yu Hakusho (plenty of "shits" and "damns").

Ah, I remember that. I wish they would bring back Outlaw Star. Caster guns ftw.

I also wish they would finally air Zeta Gundam or something..but then again, I don't want them to do that, given it would still get butchered by the censors..

It would be wicked if they had Sensual Phrase,Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Hana Kimi on Adult Swim.
NGE already has been aired on AS. For quite a while at that.

A

Azanulbizare

Adult Swim's producers hate anime. It's as simple as that.

I wouldn't mind the unedited version of Pokemon on there. ^^

Methinks Poke'mon belongs in the trash - that is where garbage goes, does it not?

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
@Sophia: Loveless is licensed by Media Blasters but it's not dubbed in English and I doubt AS wants a Shonen-ai show on that requires people to read.

Case Closed was a great show but due to ratings AS took it off...at least that's what they told me. I mean if ratings were really a problem then Inuyasha should be taken off now, there can't be that many people still watching this show, can there? =/

Last edited:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Case Closed was taken off most likely because Funimation, I believe, stopped dubbing episodes. Adult Swim probably didn't feel like looping the series over and over again since Funimation wasn't going to produce anything new

Case Closed as of now has 12 full seasons of 472 episodes, but Funimation stopped dubbing at season 4 around episode 50. Even if you watch the official Funimation channel, all they do is play the show up until the end of the 4th season and then loop back to episode 1 and start all over again =\

I'd like to see Case Closed on Adult Swim again, but not until Funimation picks the series back up with new episodes, because you can't watch a Case Closed episode a second time unless you completely forget what happens, it's no fun watching the episode and knowing what's going to happen

Last edited:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Sci-Fi will probably air something retarded, like Blue Gender or some generic space opera or mecha anime.

I forgot about this thread :\

So far, Sci-Fi plans to air GitS:SSS (a few monthes before it's out on dvd), Ninja Scroll, Noien, Tokko, Macross Plus, Blood:The Last Vampire, the Read or Die OVAs, and Street Fighter II V. I know a lot of those are movies, but the few shows they have, especially Macross and Noien, have plenty of value. I'm actually looking foreward to their lineup, especially since it pretty much makes Adult Swim's look like shit.

~Dorian Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back