• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advertisements for Kingdom Hearts Missing-Link Appear on Social Media

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I watched Moana and Lilo last night just to check if there was a matching area, but nothing. I also looked through the Caribbean.

A person after my own heart. I’ve been flipping through Disney movies myself to see if the location sticks out at all. The closest thing I can find that shares the most similar elements is Neverland, specifically a scene from Return to Neverland around the 33 minute mark.

The area in the movie has palm trees, rocks jutting out of the ground, similar mix of dirt and grass terrain, and even the simplistically designed flowers. None of the other films I’ve checked come quite as close with their environments. The biggest difference is the movie scene taking place around dusk/nighttime, so it’s not sunny and bright like the area in the trailer. But with the right lighting, I think they’d look very similar.

HipsterSora

Awards
I swear, some of these gives off "Knock off Pokemon game with stolen graphics" mobile game ad vibes. Like if I saw this ad without any advance knowledge I'd assume it wasn't official.
The ones that have some dude’s house or the sky are kinda hilariously generic.

A person after my own heart. I’ve been flipping through Disney movies myself to see if the location sticks out at all. The closest thing I can find that shares the most similar elements is Neverland, specifically a scene from Return to Neverland around the 33 minute mark.

The area in the movie has palm trees, rocks jutting out of the ground, similar mix of dirt and grass terrain, and even the simplistically designed flowers. None of the other films I’ve checked come quite as close with their environments. The biggest difference is the movie scene taking place around dusk/nighttime, so it’s not sunny and bright like the area in the trailer. But with the right lighting, I think they’d look very similar.
I see what u mean in neverland but idunno. And not that these mobile games are above reusing plotlines, but they sorta did the Return to Neverland story minus Jane in bbs right?

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The ones that have some dude’s house or the sky are kinda hilariously generic.

I see what u mean in neverland but idunno. And not that these mobile games are above reusing plotlines, but they sorta did the Return to Neverland story minus Jane in bbs right?

Yeah that’s the main thing that makes me doubt it. (I actually never realized how much BBS pulled from RtN until skimming through it for this. Lol)

However, we still don’t know if there will be actual plot lines or characters within the Disney worlds for this game. So it may not matter much what stories have been done before if these are more or less just battle arenas.

SuperNova

Awards
Gotta say if I didn't know these advertisements were real, I'd honestly think they were made by some bot account.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Gotta say if I didn't know these advertisements were real, I'd honestly think they were made by some bot account.
They certainly have this feeling of being AI generated lol but I’m certain s graphic designer has been putting these together with a very bland style guide provided by somebody higher up than them.

Chie

Awards
Look at the app store for a bit, something fake/generated-looking is what the people want

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

With it being a Closed Beta Test limited to the UK and Australia, I imagine they didn’t care to put that much effort into the marketing. I wonder if Japan is getting the same style of ads targeted to them?

I feel they still needs to show something that’s going to sell the game to general audiences. Especially if there aren’t stories and characters in the Disney worlds. Static Disney figures don’t seem like enough to sell the concept when people can actually play as those same characters in other mobile games like Mirrorverse. Or they can play Pokemon Go where the collectibles are at least virtual pets rather than inanimate objects. Here are a few ideas:

- Give us a Disney party member (or a few). Mickey comes to mind as he could be transported to the past by a distortion while he’s exploring present day Scala. How fun would it be to go globetrotting with Mickey in tow, especially if you don’t have people irl to play with you? And narratively, they could play up the connection between Mickey and the Player established in UX.

- Show battles against something besides basic Heartless. Could be other Keyblade wielders, Disney villains/monsters/whatever. Even a different Heartless boss design would be welcome.

- Maybe when you collect a new trophy, it unlocks a cutscene “memory” that fills in a gap of something in the franchise or at least shows old scenes in the new graphics. That would really up their value and make people more interested in collecting all of them.

Back