• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I Alone on This?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
there should be a little more talking in the game.

I'm pretty sure the reason why their was less talking was because it would have been difficult to get the VA for the disney characters back.

I think CoM had the darkest story to it plus, Sora was actually a deouch to Donald, Goofy, And Jimminy. Sora was actually growing a spine.

7PurePrincesses

One thing I have to say about Riku's story is that I was pretty disappointed to the limited cutscenes we received that included Lexaeus, Zexion, or Vexen.
I was expecting to have Zexion as my last boss. XD I had totally forgotten about Xehanort's heartless (Even though I played KH2 first, then KH1). :p

Izayoi

galactic cancer
One thing I have to say about Riku's story is that I was pretty disappointed to the limited cutscenes we received that included Lexaeus, Zexion, or Vexen.
I was expecting to have Zexion as my last boss. XD I had totally forgotten about Xehanort's heartless (Even though I played KH2 first, then KH1). :p

Just as you gradually forget about Kairi, aheh. And Zexion did have a lot of buildup, just to die away from Riku's eyes.

A

Azrael

Just as you gradually forget about Kairi, aheh. And Zexion did have a lot of buildup, just to die away from Riku's eyes.

Xehanort's Heartless didn't even have a fusion form with his Guardian againist Riku, that's some more bull.

A

Azrael

If they can give Marly an ulimate form in Re:Com, they could surely have Riku fight against Xehanort's giant battleship of darkness.

They could had given us a hint to the whole Terra-Xehanort-MX-DS thing by having Ansem turn into a knight of dark armor with the Key Unlocker as his weapon.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
They could had given us a hint to the whole Terra-Xehanort-MX-DS thing by having Ansem turn into a knight of dark armor with the Key Unlocker as his weapon.

That's quite the plethora of foreshadowing, but since it's the memory version of XH, I can't be sure.

But for the purposes of having something different and challenging, it'd be awesome.

HeartlesGuardian

That's quite the plethora of foreshadowing, but since it's the memory version of XH, I can't be sure.

But for the purposes of having something different and challenging, it'd be awesome.

Lol love the ending.

But is the XH in Re:CoM just memories turned real? And if so could XH use Mickey's memories of him to "be real"?

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Well, the XH in Re:CoM is either Riku's memories, or the darkness in Riku's heart being projected in a physical form. Either way, they aren't exactly "real".

And if so could XH use Mickey's memories of him

Bleh. Pronouns. Elaborate please?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm pretty sure the reason why their was less talking was because it would have been difficult to get the VA for the disney characters back.

I think CoM had the darkest story to it plus, Sora was actually a deouch to Donald, Goofy, And Jimminy. Sora was actually growing a spine.

That isn't the reason. It would have been relatively simple to get the Disney actors.
CoM was an added bonus with FM+, it wasn't meant to be a stand alone.
Not like it was bad or anything.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
In the same way that XH is being projected forth from Riku's memories of him, then could the same thing happen to Mickey.

Personally, no. I think that there also needs to be the person's link with the Darkness if not XH himself for it to work like that.

Key of Valor

The Professor
...duh?
It was. Hence his struggling with it, and eventually becoming XH in appearance. The other side of the inner battle we saw Riku losing in KH1.

lol, don't say duh,
I've spoken to a variety of skilled theorists in the past,
most of them have logical reasons for not thinking that
Xehanort's heart was inside Riku.

I was once convinced that Xehanort's heart wasn't in Riku,
but I changed my opinion on the subject later on. Because
of the convincing arguements of Xehanort's heart not being
in Riku, it wasn't a very obvious choice to make.

Riku's Story was awesome in CoM.
It made up for Sora's Story

CoM's battle system was enjoyable too,
but I don't consider CoM to be exceptionally
great, as impressive as it was on the GBA.

In my opinion, KH1 is still the best of all. CoM for the GBA
comes in second on my list, and KH2 is at the bottom.

A

Azrael

As stated by GodSA, Xehanort's heart was inside Riku and explains how Riku transforms into Xehanort's Heartless for the duration of Kingdom Hearts II.

Reverse/ Rebirth failed for me.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
lol, don't say duh,
I've spoken to a variety of skilled theorists in the past,
most of them have logical reasons for not thinking that
Xehanort's heart was inside Riku.

I'd like to see what the hell they used to base his Heart not being in Riku's Body on. Would be rather an amusing read, I'd imagine.
Looks are dictated by a Sense of Self. No matter how much one tries, he cannot look like something he doesn't have inside him.
Riku turning into Xehanort in KH2 alone would indicate XH was still inside him, and that's even before the entire mess in CoM/Re:CoM.

I think Riku telling Mickey to get rid of him should he lose to Xehanort who's inside of him kind of left no room for free interpretations on that one.

Are those the same skilled theorists that hide in their members only thread because they're too scared of the outside world?

Key of Valor

The Professor
Xehanort's heart was attached to Riku's vessel and Riku's heart.
Even if it were to depart, it would have left an Imprint of Xehanort's
'sense of self'. Plus some ofXehanort's darkness still slept in Riku's
heart.

The remaining Imprint could have responded with the remaining
darkness and thus project an entity similar to Ansem. Even after
Riku's adventure of CoM, the Imprint still would have been a part
of him, and it would still respond to darkness. By Riku embracing
darkness it could have possibly triggered the dormant Imprint
and thus the Imprint would influence the vessel to take shape as
Ansem.

Though it is said that Xehanort is in Riku's heart, that could just
be a term to refer to the remaining piece of Xehanort and not
Xehanort's heart itself.

The reason I don't believe this to be true anymore is because of
the 'if' question. If Riku did submit to Ansem in Castle Oblivion,
what would have the result been? He would have been controled
by that Ansem entity. And if that Ansem was only the piece of
Xehanort still attached to Riku's self, then Riku would have been
controled by a piece of himself. That didn't sound right to me
which is why I think Xehanort's heart was attached to Riku's
self. I wouldn't be surprised if its still attached to Riku after KH2
just like how Ven's heart is in Sora

non-members were posting on the member only thread so we changed location,
if you're so interested on what we're discussing, apply for the team

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Somewhat grateful you've reached the contradicting nature of that claim. Which makes me wonder if the people that brought it up ever properly played CoM.
And at the very least, it would mean that Riku's harboring a double personality. This isn't him fighting himself - it's him fighting someone else.
They never tended to the matter in KH, but it seems to lean more towards Sora and Roxas's situation in KH2. That would lead us once again though to there being two Beings somewhat co-existing in the same vessel, and whether or not we go by Roxas having a Heart, or just by him needing time for him and Sora to properly merge back - it means there's Sora, and there's Roxas, which are not one and the same.
The same would apply to Riku and Xehanort, only this time it'd be Heart vs. Heart, instead of Heart vs. Nobody. And I can yes say this because the Heart obliterates all other Senses of Self on normal conditions.
For Riku to become that much like Xehanort, he'd need that much of his sense of self - something which is all but impossible without XH being inside him.
It also ties in with his powers disappearing.

I doubt Xehanort's Heartless is still in Riku's Body post KH2 though. He truly seemed to be stuck in his form, and was then not only back as his own self, but also lacking the need in his blindfold.
And then of course we have his lack of control over the CoDs. It seems to be more than just Riku accepting the Light - he still used Darkness as a tool afterwards, and repented as much as he could before.
What was missing though was what was sustaining the Sense of Self - being Xehanort's Heartless - being his Heart.
And with Xehanort being all but needed as the antagonist in KH3, he probably went off to reunite with his defeated Nobody and is lying in wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back