• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only one who LIKES DDD?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Uuuh, by the way, I wonder if they will remove the in-game trophies/turn them into PS Trophies?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Uuuh, by the way, I wonder if they will remove the in-game trophies/turn them into PS Trophies?

They better not bring back the spirit affinity trophy, or at least modify it. That's the main thing keeping me and probably many others from even attempting to 100% DDD.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
"Mhh... my head... what happened?"
"Sora, you were almost made a vessel by Xehanort, Riku risked his life twice in order to save you he's now unconcious after making sure you didn't spend the rest of your life in a coma."
"Kay, bored now. Donald, grab some tea and funny hats lolz"

The tea party was going from 100 to 0 in two seconds flat.
Never a fan when that happens.
Not really. There was this little eight minute cutscene between the Ventus fight and the tea party that was designed to decompress the tension already.

And you guys are acting like it's weird for Sora to, idk, be happy that he's alive? Act like himself?
After the stuff Xehanort pulls in the last world, the game NEEDED levity. It needed balance. After that, the game did not need more doom and gloom (we got enough of that from BBS and Days, thanks), especially when they just thwarted Xehanort again? Like, they won the battle, they deserve a little celebration before the next one starts.

As for the Riku comments, Sora says that he was watching what was going on in his dream the whole time. He knew Riku was safe and was going to be okay, it was just that when he finally woke up it reaffirmed that (and you know, he had been separated from him all game, so of course he's going to be happy when he is reunited and they're both conscious for once lol)

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yeah, we definitely think it's weird for Sora to be happy to be alive. That's 100% what all of us said 10/10. Wow.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Yeah, we definitely think it's weird for Sora to be happy to be alive. That's 100% what all of us said 10/10. Wow.
yes and those five words were totally what the entirety of my three paragraph post hinged on. 100%. 10/10. wow.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
yes and those five words were totally what the entirety of my three paragraph post hinged on. 100%. 10/10. wow.

Nah, but they definitely showed the passive-aggressiveness in it just because people don't agree that it's a good or needed scene for the game. No one even talked about any more dark themes for the ending, but the fact that Mickey, Lea (and Yen Sid I think) are next to Riku, watching over him, and SDG are on that table having a party...
A nice ending fine by me, but why is it such a crime not to like the way they pulled it off?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Alright everyone, reign it in. You could all be seven shades nicer, it's a tea party in a disney video game. Is it worth an infraction?

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
They could have changed the scene a little bit. Like this:

1. Riku wakes up
  2. Instead of standing at the table, Sora with his glasses and mustache is still seated next to Riku as Donald is eating everything and Sora is complaining not to start yet
  3. Riku wakes up to Sora's goofy dumb but adorable face and is kinda going 'wtf is happening' as Sora proceeds to hug him and act all excited
  4. The tea party goes on.

It's not much different than what already happened except Sora's placement pretty much.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

1. Riku wakes up
  2. Instead of standing at the table, Sora with his glasses and mustache is still seated next to Riku as Donald is eating everything and Sora is complaining not to start yet
  3. Riku wakes up to Sora's goofy dumb but adorable face and is kinda going 'wtf is happening' as Sora proceeds to hug him and act all excited

It's not much different than what already happened except Sora's placement pretty much.

I don't have the slow clap gif at hand now but feel free to pretend I'm applauding you. It's a small change but at least it wouldn't be a party while unconscious-Riku is still lying around and I'd be okay with that.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
No claps needed. I get that it was kinda weird, I guess I just liked it because of that.

But, a small change like I mentioned does feel like it adds to the scene. Kinda like a surprise party for the one who passed the test without even knowing the results yet. (Kinda feels like Sora had to have known he wasn't gonna pass after everything that happened even if it wasn't his fault)

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Ooh, I like the tea party scene! I love the tone in Riku`s: "Hey!" when he shouts to Sora and co, who are just chilling and having a tea party.

It makes me wonder thou if the tea party scene was there in the original script, or was it added after the original ending of DDD was changed?

Muke

whatever
Awards

1. Riku wakes up

Huh, I dig it. This would be a welcome change

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Alright everyone, reign it in. You could all be seven shades nicer, it's a tea party in a disney video game. Is it worth an infraction?

It's a happy-go-lucky moment when there was really no need to have one.
In a videogame with sad and serious moments that basically just happened. I don't think I'm taking the game too seriously when moments ago we were having Master Xehanort talking about a War with an ominous music and a character that spent the last part of the game in a coma due to the pain of different people.
Heck, even the Ansem - Riku talk, while nice and calm, had some "grown up" aura about it.
It's not about Disney and not really about Sora anymore, it's pacing. The scene it's "cute", it's humour, no denying that, but that doesn't automatically mean it's good or fit for the occasion.

I mean. You, and I mean YOU not Riku, just braved the deepest darkness and potentially death to save your closest friend. At your waking, he doesn't give a damn about your safety and he's jerking around.
Are you all really trying to say you wouldn't mind? Forgive me if I find that hard to believe.
If you do, kudos, I guess. You're a much more easygoing person than me.

1. Riku wakes up

Considering that Sora's new stupidity doesn't come from this moment alone, I'll welcome it. At least here he does what he did in KH1 and CoM, caring for his friends, take what you can get.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm sorry, but the pacing argument doesn't work. It's already been pointed out twice that there is a long cooldown scene with Ansem the Wise inbetween the two.

The tea party as-is is funniest because of Riku's reaction, which also reminded me of Riku's joke at the end of CoM about how lazy Sora is just sleeping around while he's doing everything. Btw--the scene does show Sora cares for his friends. Did we forget the part where he tackles Riku??

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm sorry, but the pacing argument doesn't work. It's already been pointed out twice that there is a long cooldown scene with Ansem the Wise inbetween the two.

The tea party as-is is funniest because of Riku's reaction, which also reminded me of Riku's joke at the end of CoM about how lazy Sora is just sleeping around while he's doing everything. Btw--the scene does show Sora cares for his friends. Did we forget the part where he tackles Riku??

The scene where he tackles Riku definitely shows he cares about him.
I don't see how goofing around and partying does, though. That's two entirely different actions from Sora there. And I guess we all agree that the whole game is basically an emphasis on their friendship and no one wants to depreciate the way they care for each other.
It's merely about the timing of the teaparty here, that's why most of us already agreed with kirabook's idea to just time it a little differently.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards

Long? Uhm...
Besides, I already said even that had some kind of maturity to it, so yeah. Pacing.

Exactly. Riku's reaction, so something completely out of the main story and which completes the scene in itself. The scene in itself is comic, it's in that moment that has no meaning.
You can't really compare that CoM scene to this one. That one is more like, as said before, the Ansem "Young man, what is your name?" moment: cute, but also deep and full of pathos.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, let's put it differently: the tea party scene is like if in that CoM scene Riku saw Sora and then falled flat on his ass with a 90's sitcom sound effect in the background.

Same for the tackling thing, it's... the least he could do.
That's nowhere near the dogeza he did at Saix's feet for Kairi, or renouncing to go back to his Island for Riku.

EDIT: anyway, it's the second time in two days I'm arguing about a flaw in a topic meant to be positive, so maybe I'll put myself on hold for a while.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's an eight minute cutscene.
In comparison, the tea party bit lasts all of fifteen seconds.

I don't compare the two directly, it merely think eight minutes is not enough. And I still don't think it's all fun and giggles either way. Some heavy stuff goes in those minutes.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
I don't compare the two directly, it merely think eight minutes is not enough. And I still don't think it's all fun and giggles either way. Some heavy stuff goes in those minutes.
No one was claiming that the Ansem scene was "fun and giggles"? We brought it up because of the role it plays in decompressing and releasing the tension in the story and transitioning the game from the heavy conflict of the TWTNW->Ventus Fight, to the game's denouement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back