• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Am I the only who got bored of playing this game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAuronSavior

I most likely will sound like a monster for saying such a thing but, I'm kind of getting bored of it. I know that there's a lot to go through story-wise but, the gameplay is kind of getting a bit...bland. When I first started playing, I was on my phone non-stop. Now, 5 months later, still at Mission 70-something, still level 69, still no movement. Everything about it became so unappealing that I just don't want to play it now. Every time I contimplate about playing it, it just gives me that sort of feeling that just doesn't want me to play it. Maybe my interest will re-spark at some point but for now, it's not interesting to me.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah, it's perfectly normal to get burnt out on games like this imo. In fact, I only get super hyped if plot relevant missions appear ORRRR, there's a chance to get something related to TAV. But multiplayer might be a game changer for me.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
lol I just reinstalled KHUx since about four months ago, haha. You're not the only one that got burnt of it. I did two Aqua draws, failed to get her, but at least got some decent Medals to upgrade my Decks. Now I'm just revisiting older missions before furthering my mission count to try and obtain all three Golden Mickey symbols per missions.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
I stopped playing as much (was playing everyday now maybe twice a week if that) because I'm stuck ok Cerberus. I'm at level 168 I think and he's at 103, yet I still get one hit killed. I don't get how I'm supposed to get through it, especially without a continue. I know it can be done because people have done it, but I just get frustrated and obviously grinding doesn't help. There's no reward for leveling up like that so the higher levels (even leveling up my keyblade to +21 or +22) don't help. Instead of getting frustrated, I just gave up. Now I focus on leveling up medals or doing special quests and occasionally try to progress the story. I'll just watch the videos of the story and be fine though.

So to answer the question, no i didn't get bored with the game. I just feel it's difficulty spikes make it feel broken to me (being able to breeze through every mission and then not being able to get passed one at all).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I didn't play UX for like a month. It is very normal to get bored or frustrated. I only jump back in when a medal or outfit I want is available.

0 AP week was when I actually pushed through to quest 450 and now I'll likely take a break for a few weeks.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Ladies and gentlemen, you do have to remember, this is a mobile game. For you to be as invested as you are is an accomplishment by Square Enix. It's supposed to be played in short bursts hence the chapter nature of the gameplay. It's completely normal to get bored of it at times because mobile games are psychologically designed differently from home console or handheld gaming.

h.e.hassanein

hey auronsavior :redface:

i was actually going to start a thread with this same topic but i was worried it wouldn't be....well-received, like at all. I actually uninstalled two days into playing the game. I love KH for its story aspects and not the gameplay, but KHUX's gameplay is especially boring to me. The chapters are made just to be gotten through with not much interesting happening and very little exploration to do. Maybe KHX would've been more to my taste since it was designed as a big open-world thing? Anyways as someone here said, I can just watch the story bits online and be more than satisfied.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
to be honest i fell a bit burned out after the ap 0 thing ended. i'll only log on to get jewels, medals or whatever till the mickey and broom thing happens.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I wish I was, there's so much more important stuff I should be doing rather than playing this... :D For some reason I'm still as excited about it as I was in the beginning, maybe because I love grinding, upgrading and all that stuff. I still haven't put any money in the game, which is another challenge that keeps it interesting. Making the most of f2p medals and lucky pulls only. A good party will take you far too, if you're having trouble with the difficulty, the borrowed medals help a ton.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
It's never been much but a "bored in my 30 minutes break at work" or "can't fall asleep right away" game to me anyways tbh.

Sorakh212

Awards
I don't get bored per se but it is a bit of a chore and definitely a tedious grind at times. These types of games are meant to be played in short burts hence the energy meters and what not in most freemium/mobile games. The thing that's frustrating to me though is how from a sort of core mechanics perspective most of the gameplay is linked with medals. Your level has pretty much nothing to do with power, abilities, magic, etc. and to me that's what ultimately becomes a disservice to the whole experience. Like I said I don't really get bored but man does it get tedious at times hence why I take breaks unless there's some kind of cool event or raid boss on weekends. I log in every day for the bonuses though. Normally I hate these type of games but I only play them if they're part of a fandom or IP I really like and want to experience mroe of. I can definitely understand how someone could get bored or even fed up with this game though. To each their own.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I think there's a general feeling of discontent with the structure of the game, which is problematic because they can't really change it in any meaningful way. It is what it is, but I was surprised at how quickly I lost interest once the 0 AP event ended and they started yet another high score challenge. There's this pervasive sense of diminishing returns in every new development.

I don't get bored per se but it is a bit of a chore and definitely a tedious grind at times. These types of games are meant to be played in short burts hence the energy meters and what not in most freemium/mobile games. The thing that's frustrating to me though is how from a sort of core mechanics perspective most of the gameplay is linked with medals. Your level has pretty much nothing to do with power, abilities, magic, etc. and to me that's what ultimately becomes a disservice to the whole experience.
Yeah, the gap has been widening since the introduction of the Illustrated medals between the haves and the have-nots. Entire quests (like the later Adamantites and parts of the high score challenges) seem to be developed with those specific medals in mind. It's a racket.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Interestingly enough, the only good parts of the game's story that made me like the game was during my birth month... though it was like only two scenes. XD ( Funny thing is also the worst parts of the story were revealed during the same month, in my opinion. XD)

But yeah other then those moments, it hasn't been interesting at all... and having all these epic medals and still not beating adamantite missions makes it even more frustrating. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back