• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

American McGee’s Alice II

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

State

Awards
I was looking up some releases for 2010, and this came up, any ideas?

Alice in Wonderland or is it something else? If not, perhaps a sequel. A lot of sequels and remakes of past movies are been released.
EDIT: apparently, this is a game, so... Did Alice in Wonderland ever get a videogame?

Birnax

I guess the sequal is going to be about Wonderland becomes a hell-like place again and Alice has to return to make things right.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
For those of you unawares about this:

American McGee's Alice was basically a vidya game sequel to "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" but grimdark as hell. Basic gist of it is this: Alice's parents died in a fire sometime after all her adventures, leaving her as the sole survivor. Plagued with guilt, she becomes mentally unstable and is committed to a mental institution. Years later, she suddenly finds the White Rabbit in her cell, who tells her Wonderland has gone to hell since she left, and she's the only one who can fix it.

Many of the characters from the books make appearances, but they look much more macabre and distorted. To illustrate what I mean, this is what the game's cover looked like:

american_mcgees_alice.jpg

Apparently it's now getting a sequel and a movie based on it sometime in the near future (which has nothing to do with the recent Burton adaptation).

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I remember seeing the original on a shelf in Best Buy a few years ago. Creeped me out.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
For those of you unawares about this:

American McGee's Alice was basically a vidya game sequel to "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass" but grimdark as hell. Basic gist of it is this: Alice's parents died in a fire sometime after all her adventures, leaving her as the sole survivor. Plagued with guilt, she becomes mentally unstable and is committed to a mental institution. Years later, she suddenly finds the White Rabbit in her cell, who tells her Wonderland has gone to hell since she left, and she's the only one who can fix it.

Many of the characters from the books make appearances, but they look much more macabre and distorted. To illustrate what I mean, this is what the game's cover looked like:

american_mcgees_alice.jpg

Apparently it's now getting a sequel and a movie based on it sometime in the near future (which has nothing to do with the recent Burton adaptation).

I assume that's the Cheshire Cat on the cover?
This looks like a very angsty game.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah, that's the Chesire Cat. Most of the other Wonderland residents aren't in much better shape than him.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
I actually downloaded this game and from what I was able to play, it was all right, as far as novelties go. However, I really think a second McGee's Alice game is just jumping on the current 'Alice in Wonderland' bandwagon. We have Tim Burton releasing a movie, Marilyn Manson making his movie 'Phantasmagoria' about Lewis Carroll and now this. Kind of gets old after a while.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
One night I was scourging through Youtube and stumbled upon the first one. Holy shit, the queen of hearts is like this intestine mess.

It's like some horror game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back