• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Another KH2 Secret Ending Theory (popped into my head)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternamente926

So, I was browsing about YouTube.com a bit ago (love that site lol) and I re-watched KH2's secret ending. Yeah, more will be... might be... explained once Final Mix+ comes out overseas (well, overseas for us here in the states) and the secret ending is translated for those of us who only wish we could read Japanese. But, another theory popped into my head... some things caught my eye as well.

The three 'knights' ... I've said in the past on these boards that I believe them to be another entity created for Kingdom Hearts 3, as Heartless were for KH1, and then Nobodies were introduced for KH2. However, I think they're very elite in a respect... whereas Heartless and Nobodies have greater entities commanding them, these new 'knights' are in command of themselves and have no lesser versions.

I believe a 'knight' is created when a Keyblade chooses the person. A part of the chosen one's soul is immortalized in the embodiment of the 'knight.' We saw three 'knights' in the secret ending. As we saw the very first one the image shifted so that it appeared to be two for a moment and then shifted into one being. I believe that is symbolic in that it means the 'knight' is created by some means. The three beings walk to a bunch of keyblades. One is obviously female, and the other two are seemingly male. If my theory is feasible, and the 'knights' are created when a keyblade chooses them by some means, than the three 'knights' are the embodiments of Sora, Riku, and Kairi... at least in terms of a part of those three creating said entities. Don't misunderstand that statement. I'm not saying those three are Sora, Riku, and Kairi. I'm saying they are the embodiment of those three as those new entities. Along the same lines, I believe that the symbol for these new entities is the crown, as seen on Sora's neck (and various other places). If you recall, Roxas had drawn a crown in the mansion's library to gain access to the basement. The three symbols there were Heartless, Nobody, and then the crown which could signify whatever the new entity will be. Perhaps they'll be called Chasers? Perhaps they're born by the sleep. If you recall Sora's awakening in the first game, he wakes up after the strength to wield the keyblade is found within him. He was chosen to wield a keyblade, and once he obtains it the 'knight' in his embodiment is created.

Another thing that struck me from the quick phrases that appear as a shadowy figure walks towards the screen at the end. The phrase 'the lost two.' Perhaps it actually eludes to Riku and Sora. They are two keybladers who have gone back to their normal lives (granted, they can most likely still summon their respective keyblades... we don't know for certain, since they don't during the final cutscene featuring them). So, perhaps 'the lost two' can mean them. Kairi can obviously use a keyblade, but she cannot summon it herself (Riku, as Xehanort's Heartless, summoned it for her). While that little fact alone... that she can't summon a keyblade... does slightly go against my previous paragraph, it also helps it. Just because she cannot summon one doesn't mean the keyblade didn't choose her. It chose her at least for a brief amount of time because Sora needed her help, and would have been long enough for a 'knight' to be created in her image.

I have other theories... such as 'memories of Xehanort' might not mean that Xemnas himself is remembering Xehanort. It could mean anyone is remembering him. I honestly have a hunch it might be Zexion who remembers Xehanort. Let's not forget that Ienzo (Zexion's real being) was an apprentice under Ansem the Wise with Xehanort, and so Zexion does have memories of Xehanort. And we didn't actually see Zexion die in Chain of Memories. Once Re: CoM and KH2: FM come out, we'll know for certain if Zexion is killed off... unless they mask the facts again lol. If Zexion is indeed killed, as in... on screen... during Re: CoM, we'll know he's gone. If Zexion's gravestone in The World that Never Was is red (it was masked to hide his weapon), then we'll know he's gone. If neither of these occur, than heck... we'll have to assume he faked his own death (his element *is* illusion, after all).

I also wonder if that quote "One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it" is talking about Sora (meaning the sentence would be from Sora's future), or if it's kind of re-stating what King Triton said during KH1 to Sora (Triton was leery of Sora's presence, because he is the keybearer, and Triton said something similar to the quote... at least in terms of the latter half of it). I personally believe that quote alone might actually be from the future. Whether or not part of the game takes place in the future... I honestly don't know. It might. Heck, for all we know, the game might take place 100's of years into the future, we start off as some jamolt named Ding Dong and we're still battling shadow Heartless until we find out we have to go back in time and knock sense into Sora and make him go fight because we, as Ding Dong, aren't capable of killing things. Control shifts from Ding Dong to Sora, and they all go on a Heartless killing spree until Xemnas makes a miraculous recovery and treats them all to sea salt ice cream. We don't know!

hehe

Anywho, those are some ideas I had, and I just had to put them in text... and I thought I'd share them with you all.

E

Eternal Oblivion

thats a nice theorys and some of the points were in my mind already before you put the thread. NICE!!!

jovjo003

Exactly what I was thinking. The hint that the "knights" were on the good side were seen when they picked up the keyblades of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. Afterwards, the group looks forward to see a shadowy figure, which gives the impression of a battle about to erupt between the the knights and the unknown figure. The scene looks alot like other stories like Knights of the Round Table, where the knights are fighting together against bandits/witches minions.

The other reason why I say they are also good is that the scene also seemed like a passing of the torch in the fight between good and evil.

D

Deleted member 36435

Hmmm, Its a good theory but a little confusing and sketchy in some parts.

DaDarkDude

it's a nice theory but i think most likely Zexion got killed off. i also had the same thing in mind. but if it were sora, riku, and kairis "Chasers" then shouldn't they have the same keyblade?

jovjo003

Btw, since the three knights were coming from 3 different paths (light, dawn, whatever its called), does that change the theory of them being "chasers" of Sora, Riku, and Kairi? If they all came from one path, then they would definitely be the "chasers." The part about crossing paths is confusing me.

Eternamente926

I hate theories.
One day someone is just going to guess the whole plot behind the KH series for the next 10 years, and it won't be funny when we find out it's true.

lol I half-wonder if Nomura is sitting there, reading all of the theories people are coming up with and thinking 'hmm... I like that one. Let's use it!' hehe

gosox333

I hate theories.
One day someone is just going to guess the whole plot behind the KH series for the next 10 years, and it won't be funny when we find out it's true.

oh my god i totally agree with you. have you seen some of the theories? some of them can be so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back