• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone else suprised there's no 2.5 announcement at E3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Domination

Awards
By the time Tokyo Game Show is on, 1.5 will have just been released. That would be the perfect time for the announcement.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Considering some stuff for 2.5 was already made into HD during the 1.5 process, plus these last few months after the japanese version was released, I'd say its safe to say we'd see 2.5 soon.

Pestilence

Awards
Re: Anyone else suprised there's no 2.5 announcement at e3?

It isn't surprising at all to me. I expected KH3 to be announced at E3 and 2.5 to be announced at TGS. Nothing strange about it.

State

Awards
Personally, I was surprised SE decided to announce KH3 (seeing as how I wasn't thinking of any revealing until they had released KH2.5). But yeah, like others have stated, this revealing in no means will overshadow the ReMix of II, BbS and coded, so no need to worry.

Gonzales95

Awards
Won't be announced until TGS, but it definitely exists. No idea if there will be less time between the Japanese and international releases this time, but I know I read somewhere that the reason KH1.5 took so long was that the original data for KH1FM had been lost or something like that (understandable considering it is over 10 years old now), so portions of the game had to be rebuilt from scratch. Seeing as the games in KH2.5 are much more recent, they'll probably still have all the data for those games and it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer them over.

Then again, the people working on the HD Remaster of Ratchet: Deadlocked seemed to take forever (over a year after R&C Collection came out - European version yet to be released), so it isn't always as simple as it would appear.

Master Kamui

the way i see it, this is just to pump us into buying the remakes, and i have a feeling that with 1.5 comming out in fall this year, 2.5 may be next year, and then the year after, we'll get KH3 (i can only dream that it won't take them 5 years to make like that final fantasy game o.o )

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Won't be announced until TGS, but it definitely exists. No idea if there will be less time between the Japanese and international releases this time, but I know I read somewhere that the reason KH1.5 took so long was that the original data for KH1FM had been lost or something like that (understandable considering it is over 10 years old now), so portions of the game had to be rebuilt from scratch. Seeing as the games in KH2.5 are much more recent, they'll probably still have all the data for those games and it shouldn't be too difficult to transfer them over.
Maybe they did have to re-write everything in english, since they seem to be using a new font for cutscenes.

Also, they will have all the data for 2.5. Re:CoM was released at the same time as 2FM in Japan, and Re:CoM had all of it's data there. They will def have all the data from 2007 until now.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
the way i see it, this is just to pump us into buying the remakes, and i have a feeling that with 1.5 comming out in fall this year, 2.5 may be next year, and then the year after, we'll get KH3 (i can only dream that it won't take them 5 years to make like that final fantasy game o.o )

Yeah hopefully that is the case. 2.5 releasing 2014 and hopefully KH3 releasing 2015~2016ish.

Sir Michael

1.5 Hasn't been released outside of Japan, yet. So no E3 announcement was expected. However KHIII reveal was nice to see.

TenchiKai

Website
twitter.com
Re: Anyone else suprised there's no 2.5 announcement at e3?

Honestly, when 'one more trailer' was said, I thought it was a 2.5 trailer, not a KH3 trailer. I'm, I guess like everyone else here, expecting a 2.5 before 3...but why hold off announcing 2.5? That's my big question.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Thought it was a 1.5 trailer at first, to be honest.

It's very clear that KH3 was announced for everyone who have been asking for it since 2006 and haven't touched a game since 2, rather than those who stuck around.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Oh god, Sign. You just made me realize that's what the majority of our fanbase is like. We are, sadly, the minority. That's a... somewhat troubling thought. And now I want all of us fans that have been keeping up with the series to be rewarded, too. Maybe with BbSV2 being represented someway (even if it's just in a novel)? It would sure be nice, seeing as how I really wonder just what that game was supposed to bring to the table (along with the game that got gutted so they could make 3D).

Speaking of 3D, does anyone think it might be included with KHIII? I could see it, honestly, seeing as how it's pretty much KHIII part one. They have to implement it someway, and maybe that part in the trailer, where DDD's intro changed to III's hinted at that? I just think it'd be a great decision, you know? Can you imagine DDD on the PS4? And they could keep the Reality Shifts and everything, seeing as how the PS4 has a touch screen. Also, it looks like they're reworking Flowmotion for the PS4, as well. So that's another thing they could implement into a remake 3D: using the build of Flowmotion they're already working on for KHIII.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thought it was a 1.5 trailer at first, to be honest.
I remember what I thought when I saw it.
I thought it was 1.5. Then 2.5. Then I ran over to my friend and was like "It's kingdom hearts!" and he was like "is it number 3?" and I was like "pffft. no.... OMG IT IS". then I cried for 45 minutes.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Honestly, when 'one more trailer' was said, I thought it was a 2.5 trailer, not a KH3 trailer. I'm, I guess like everyone else here, expecting a 2.5 before 3...but why hold off announcing 2.5? That's my big question.

I'm in the same boat. I was little off-put by the unexpected KH3 announcement preceding a 2.5 announcement. And as far as to why they haven't made a single mention of it yet (grumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumble) I would assume it's because Square Enix probably wants to market 1.5 first and drive sales, before they announce 2.5 and draw all attention away from 1.5.

Remember, 2.5 is most likely going to contain the Final Mixes of Kingdom Hearts 2 and Birth By Sleep. In full HD. With trophies. In English. People are going to mail their wallets to Nomura in little heart shaped boxes for that game.

It's very clear that KH3 was announced for everyone who have been asking for it since 2006 and haven't touched a game since 2, rather than those who stuck around.

Is it wrong that I hate those people? Is it? Okay, maybe not hate. But still. I can't tell you how many Kingdom Hearts fans I've wanted to deck in the face over the years for complaining about KH3 when we've literally had FOUR more games release since KH2 and they act like the series has been sleeping for 7 years. Even when they announced 1.5! FINALLY, America was getting the Final Mix of KH1 and in HD no less. And all people could say was "WHERE"S MY KH3!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Needless to say, I have strong feelings about that particular chunk of the KH fanbase (which is unfortunately a large chunk).

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Ugh yeah. Literally the first comment I saw when I first saw the 1.5 teaser on youtube last sept. was "KH3 plz". Similar with DDD.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Which may also have been done in order to finally shut those up and give an incentive to have them look at the HD remasters in order to catch up with the story.
I'd think it was more a business decision than anything else.

Is it wrong that I hate those people? Is it? Okay, maybe not hate. But still. I can't tell you how many Kingdom Hearts fans I've wanted to deck in the face over the years for complaining about KH3 when we've literally had FOUR more games release since KH2 and they act like the series has been sleeping for 7 years. Even when they announced 1.5! FINALLY, America was getting the Final Mix of KH1 and in HD no less. And all people could say was "WHERE"S MY KH3!?!?!? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Needless to say, I have strong feelings about that particular chunk of the KH fanbase (which is unfortunately a large chunk).

While I am not too fond of these people who didn't at least keep up with the series (I don't expect everyone to be able to buy every console, but one can at least keep him/herself updated with today's media possibilities) as well, I think hating and bitching from the hardcore fans towards the casual ones would only be counterproductive and cause a heavy rift in the fandom which could spark a very nasty "war" so to say.

If someone is genuinely interested in catching up and asking things like around here I'd say it's better to help them out rather than rub it in their face that they should have kept up with the series nonetheless.
Of course, someone who still sees the handheld titles as "useless" and does needless bashing is another story.

The main concern however should be that Nomura and co. hopefully do not cater majorly only to those who haven't touched a game since 2 and also give the faithful fans who kept up with everything a satisfying experience with KH III.
But I do think that Nomura and co. know that as well and they will work to strike a balance.
KH III is probably going to be a game that is bigger and longer in content than both KH 1 and 2, so there should be enough room to satisfy both parts of the fandom.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Ugh yeah. Literally the first comment I saw when I first saw the 1.5 teaser on youtube last sept. was "KH3 plz". Similar with DDD.

When KH3 was announced, I saw a comment on FB that said "I finally don't have to comment with "Shut up and give us KH3". I was like seriously? You won't except any Kingdom Hearts game unless it has a 3 plastered onto the title? So, all the hard work Nomura is putting into 1.5 and 2.5 is worth nothing to you and your only response to those will be "Shut up and give me KH3"? What a twat.

Of course, someone who still sees the handheld titles as "useless" and does needless bashing is another story.

Yes, that is precisely to whom I am referring to. I love helping the people who couldn't afford to play every game in the series to understand the story. But the people who bitch about KH3 and call all the handheld games "spin-offs" piss me off greatly. And it doesn't help that they've been referred to as spin-offs so many times that Nomura now also calls them spin-offs as well.

The main concern however should be that Nomura and co. hopefully do not cater majorly only to those who haven't touched a game since 2 and also give the faithful fans who kept up with everything a satisfying experience with KH III.
But I do think that Nomura and co. know that as well and they will work to strike a balance.
KH III is probably going to be a game that is bigger and longer in content than both KH 1 and 2, so there should be enough room to satisfy both parts of the fandom.

Yeah, I was fully able to enjoy KH2 without having played CoM at all. But I wanted to understand the story so I went back and played it. I think KH3 will fall in the same boat. The references to previous titles, especially DDD, will be obvious to those who've played and will confuse everyone else, but not enough to make them give up on the game. And I hope KH3 is longer than KH1 and KH2 combined.

xMikelaw19

It would definitely be nice if 3D was released along side KH3, since it is kinda a part one to KH3, although its probably wishful thinking. I'm in that boat of fans that want to play 3D, but don't wanna purchase a 3DS just for one game, but would purchase a PS4 regardless of if KH3 was coming or not.

khandbz

I AM VERY SUPRISED BUT THEY MUST BE WANTING PEOPLE TO TALK ABOUT IT:confused:.

Sorarocks93

Awards
When KH3 was announced, I saw a comment on FB that said "I finally don't have to comment with "Shut up and give us KH3". I was like seriously? You won't except any Kingdom Hearts game unless it has a 3 plastered onto the title? So, all the hard work Nomura is putting into 1.5 and 2.5 is worth nothing to you and your only response to those will be "Shut up and give me KH3"? What a twat.

Yes, that is precisely to whom I am referring to. I love helping the people who couldn't afford to play every game in the series to understand the story. But the people who bitch about KH3 and call all the handheld games "spin-offs" piss me off greatly. And it doesn't help that they've been referred to as spin-offs so many times that Nomura now also calls them spin-offs as well.

These kind of people piss me off too.

I wonder how will Nomura approach the next Saga. Will it have "spin-offs" or will it just have IV, V, VI and that's it. Or will he make the "spin-offs" for main consoles with graphic capabilities like the IV, V and VI?

Yeah, I was fully able to enjoy KH2 without having played CoM at all. But I wanted to understand the story so I went back and played it. I think KH3 will fall in the same boat. The references to previous titles, especially DDD, will be obvious to those who've played and will confuse everyone else, but not enough to make them give up on the game. And I hope KH3 is longer than KH1 and KH2 combined.

I wasn't. I was very confused as to who was Roxas, Namine and DiZ. Why were Sora, Donald and Goofy sleeping for a year. The hell did Riku go through. And where the diddly were the other half of Org XIII.

KHIII won't just fall in the same boat, it will fall in a damn ocean.

But hey, it serves them right since they were the ones who said the "spin-offs" aren't important. KHIII will transfer almost nothing from KHII. KHIII is what the "spin-offs" make it.

Ahh the joy of seeing the rage in Youtube comments will be priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back