• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Applying to College, 2008

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
So, it's around that time again. Time to start the process of applying for college. .-.;

I want to major in English; thus far I've been accepted to all my colleges of choice. Although, to be blunt, none of them are private/Ivy-League schools, so that's not really a gargantuan accomplishment. D:

University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) - accepted
Mississippi State University - accepted
University of Southern Mississippi - accepted
University of Utah - accepted

-

So, for those of you (like myself) who will be applying for college soon (especially if you are applying for Early Decision), where do you plan on applying, and what do you plan on majoring in?

scion of light

At the very top of the Great Crystal in Giruvegan.
first, Woodland Community College ( want to get associates degree and major in veterinary sciences)

then either ( for my bachelors degree in something )
Westmont University
U.C. Davis
Azusa Pacific University
Biola University

then possibly
Stanford University
Dependent on what career I choose

very differentiable
Awards
This one. It's rated the best one in my country, but i still have to sign in. I'm almost certain that i will be going to study technical physics. Then a phd and then i want to do research, maybe even at cern, but that's all for a few years later.

I'm not entirely certain what I'd like to major in at the moment. I do however want to get a Liberal Arts Degree.

I'm going to apply to Ramapo College, and I'm also considering University of New Haven. once I get my SATs back in, then I'll really start to get going on applications.

Baiser!

Website
www.myspace.com
I'm a junior now, so I probably won't be applying till next year but--
I know I want to go to College somewhere near-by. I don't want to dorm.

The Colleges I'm mostly interested in are Montclair State University, and Rutgers University in Newark.
[btw, I've looked at Ramapo, I'll probably apply there aswell. =D !!]
Rutgers is good for sciences, Montclair works beautifully for any social-related majors.

I want to major in Psychology, I plan on becoming a personal therapist. :3

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
civil engineering

U of Vermont
U of New Hampshire
U of Rhode Island
Northeastern U
UMass Amherst

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
After community college, I want to go to University of Illinois or transfer to Columbia University (Arts), Loyala, or maybe even Eastern, North, South, or Western Illinois university.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
University of Southern California
University of Los Angeles
UC Berkely
Arizona State
Clemson
Boston

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Got a letter from the Mass Maritime Academy today, I've been accepted. Holy shit. 1 out of like 300 accepted.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
i am actually in my third month in full sail university for game development.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
My mom keeps bugging me to do this. I don't care and I don't want to, really. I plan to go to college and I know generally what I'd like to go into, just I don't know what I want for a specific major. I haven't looked at what colleges would be best for my fields. It might be a little hard to find. Whatever I choose, I much want to go into an online college. I'm hoping I don't graduate with scholarships either. I don't feel like having my mom on my ass even more.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My mom keeps bugging me to do this. I don't care and I don't want to, really. I plan to go to college and I know generally what I'd like to go into, just I don't know what I want for a specific major. I haven't looked at what colleges would be best for my fields. It might be a little hard to find. Whatever I choose, I much want to go into an online college. I'm hoping I don't graduate with scholarships either. I don't feel like having my mom on my ass even more.

Lat I checked, people wanted those; I'm pretty sure your mom would like that unless I'm missing something here.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
She would want that. That's the problem. It's just that what she wants for me and what I want for me is way different. As well, she confuses wanting what's best for me with just wanting what she wants, likes, and approves of. She can't control my life. I don't feel like having the last months I spend at home be hell because I get offers that I don't want to take. I might not want to go to the college or not want to take the offer for various reasons; however, if she thinks it's the best thing, she'll push/force it to the point of nearly shunning me and punishing me, etc. because I refuse and until I would give in. Which I wouldn't.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
She would want that. That's the problem. It's just that what she wants for me and what I want for me is way different. As well, she confuses wanting what's best for me with just wanting what she wants, likes, and approves of. She can't control my life. I don't feel like having the last months I spend at home be hell because I get offers that I don't want to take. I might not want to go to the college or not want to take the offer for various reasons; however, if she thinks it's the best thing, she'll push/force it to the point of nearly shunning me and punishing me, etc. because I refuse and until I would give in. Which I wouldn't.

Do what you feel is best; unless you plan on living with your parents after you graduate, you'll more or less be on your own, making your own decisions and planning out your own future. If you don't think it will benefit you in the long run, or contribute to your overall goal, don't do it.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Like most things in life, college is a huge disappointment. Sure, you're out of the house and drinking and fucking and skipping class, but that art degree you're working on is a one-way ticket to a dead end job and a poor, pathetic, solitary existence which you will one day try to drink your way out of only to wake up the next morning to find things worse. Eventually you'll realize the futility of every thing you've ever done and pine for the day you drink up the courage to end it all in a last ditch effort to gain some miniscule degree of control over your meaningless, miserable existence by shoving that gun you just bought into your quivering maw and squeezing the trigger.

So yeah, good luck~

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
Like most things in life, college is a huge disappointment. Sure, you're out of the house and drinking and fucking and skipping class, but that art degree you're working on is a one-way ticket to a dead end job and a poor, pathetic, solitary existence which you will one day try to drink your way out of only to wake up the next morning to find things worse. Eventually you'll realize the futility of every thing you've ever done and pine for the day you drink up the courage to end it all in a last ditch effort to gain some miniscule degree of control over your meaningless, miserable existence by shoving that gun you just bought into your quivering maw and squeezing the trigger.

So yeah, good luck~

Sounds like someone was beaten as a child.
Let's all just be Philosophy majors, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back