• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua...Ven... wtf?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpit

I just read the post on the frontpage that states the names Aqua and Ven are confirmed for the FS and the BHS. First of all, who confirmed it? Which official source states that those are their names? While it's highly likeable, without a source you can't be 100% sure.

Next, the meaning. It seems that everybody believes that Aqua and Ven mean Sea and Sky. That's just not true. Take a look here:

Latin word list

Aqua doesn't means Sea or Ocean, but simply Water.
Sea would be mare. Not Aqua.

Ven doesn't mean sky. Ventus would be wind.
Sky or Heaven would be Caelum. Not Ven.

So, Aqua and Ven do not mean Sea and Sky. However, there is still the possibility of a connection, because Aqua means water, and water is associated with the ocean. Ven could stand for Ventus, e. g. Wind, and that is associated with the Sky.

Last edited:

aquaticmelody

so you mean it WASN'T Roxas... the "Ven" guy?
and the "Aqua" person, if you look REEEALLY closely, looks like Namine hahaha

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Water is in the Sea and wind is in the sky. Aqua and Ven are close to Sea and Sky. So it doesnt really matter what their names means as long as it relates to the meaning of Sora's and Kairi's name.

GreatKenji

Water is in the Sea and wind is in the sky. Aqua and Ven are close to Sea and Sky. So it doesnt really matter what their names means as long as it relates to the meaning of Sora's and Kairi's name.

yes Aqua and Ven are very close to meanings of Sora and Kairi which obviously means that these 2 new characters are gunna be close to Sora and Kairi

trisianna

I don't know... I'm starting to get the feeling that this KH doesn't have anything to do with the original KH...
I'd also like to know who stated it officially actually, been kind of curious about that too.

Although I like how it sounds. Water in the sea, wind in the sky. What I don't get though, why is it Kairi's name that's being related to them? Why not Riku? She is one of the main characters and all, but still... I just don't get why Sora and Kairi... Sora, well, self-explainatory... But Kairi?

Unless of course, it comes out that the last of the three is somewhat 'related' to Riku, then, well... The 3 amigos. Back in action.

Kihaku

Website
z8.invisionfree.com
I don't know... I'm starting to get the feeling that this KH doesn't have anything to do with the original KH...
I'd also like to know who stated it officially actually, been kind of curious about that too.

Although I like how it sounds. Water in the sea, wind in the sky. What I don't get though, why is it Kairi's name that's being related to them? Why not Riku? She is one of the main characters and all, but still... I just don't get why Sora and Kairi... Sora, well, self-explainatory... But Kairi?

Unless of course, it comes out that the last of the three is somewhat 'related' to Riku, then, well... The 3 amigos. Back in action.

Why Sora and Kairi? Because Aqua's a girl and Ven's a Boy and they obviously have feelings for each other, as do Sora and Kairi.

Sora910

Im going with what trisianna said because the third guy pushed Ven out of the way and Riku would do that to Sora as well and I go with the sea and sky thing to because it all adds up to that.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
yes it was said in a cutscene by the Enigmatic soldier, he said something like ....Ven....Aqua....? who are you?...Xehanort!...Xehanort! (something like that i didn't memorize it so yeah)
And what does Kairi mean? does it mean ocean? or sea? I didn't think kairi's name had a meaning, and im guessing Ven and Aqua (if they are even their names) are relating to elements wind and water
Dude wtf the BHS and FS havn't been seen enought to say that they love each other, o..m..g... plus you can tell there is few years age difference between the two, I personally just think that the FS looks over him and is his friend more than anything...

T

Twilight Knight

Ven doesn't mean sky. Ventus would be wind.
Sky or Heaven would be Caelum. Not Ven.

So, Aqua and Ven do not mean Sea and Sky. However, there is still the possibility of a connection, because Aqua means water, and water is associated with the ocean. Ven could stand for Ventus, e. g. Wind, and that is associated with the Sky.

It would make sense that they'd shorten Ventus to Ven, as it's a bit more 'catchy' than Ventus. However, it is kinda weird being called Aqua, but I suppose it's not as bad as possibly being called Mare - since most people would pronounce it the way you'd call a female horse.

As for the whole thing about Aqua and Ven not meaning Sea and Sky exactly; it may be because they didn't want to directly name them after Kairi and Sora. Afterall, this is really an entirely new concept for the KH series and there could only be vague references to the golden trio.

But then what's with Mickey... Meh

Q

Quixote

If we're following the Land/Sea/Sky formula, just in Latin this time, ten bucks says ES's name is something like Terra.

Serpit

My money is on Terra too. If the naming schema is elemental, Water / Wind / Earth would fit.

Sora = Sky, Ven(tus) = Wind
Kairi = Sea, Aqua = Water
Riku = Land, Terra = Earth

Actually, it is indeed possible that the BHS is actually called Ventus, but the ES uses the shorter version, Ven. Just as you would call a Timothy Tim or a Robert Bob.

roxasbhs

I don't think it in that kind of order, but nice guess. Any ways i don't think that they're names are that important, but i do have one question if the B.H.S looks like Roxas why is he called Ven any idea

Ultima665

Maybe there opposites of Sora, Riku, and Kairi. think about it, Aqua has blue hair, kairi has red. the ES has brown hair, which I guess could be the opposite of white, dunno about his eyes though, they were hazel and blue right? That could symbolize Rikus Xehanort form.. And Ven looks like Roxas. But I guess if he looks like him, why dont the others look other nobodies? I confused myself...

SHadyLAdy_70

Website
shadylady-70.deviantart.com
yes it was said in a cutscene by the Enigmatic soldier, he said something like ....Ven....Aqua....? who are you?...Xehanort!...Xehanort! (something like that i didn't memorize it so yeah)
And what does Kairi mean? does it mean ocean? or sea? I didn't think kairi's name had a meaning, and im guessing Ven and Aqua (if they are even their names) are relating to elements wind and water
Dude wtf the BHS and FS havn't been seen enought to say that they love each other, o..m..g... plus you can tell there is few years age difference between the two, I personally just think that the FS looks over him and is his friend more than anything...

To the last part about them loving each other, yeah we haven't seen enough to assume that, but we do know that they somewhat care for each other at least enough to show some concern for each other's well being during the secrect ending. On a side note, i think that they might be related so the "love thoery" could go as far as being family love, but that's my opinon/theory. So we'll find out when more info about them is revealed.

Islandgirl190

is it just me, or does Aqua LOOK like riku?
doesn't Kairi mean separation...and riku "agony of separation"?

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I don't think Ven and Aqua are like biologically connected to Sora and Kairi. I just think that both couples are going to kind of parallel each other in many ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back