• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Battle Royale

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I still don't see it as being "obvious". Christ, under what other circumstances would a group of children be forced to fight one another to death than the setting described in the two books? There aren't exactly a million ways she could've gone with the premise. So yeah, no, not buying it.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
The only other book I could possibly think of currently that she had taken inspiration from is Lord of the Flies. That's it.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Pendragon Book 7: The Quilian games. Read that entire book and you will be shocked with what you see

Which was also made several years after BR, and also has the same damn plot.

Face it. The only books that could be comparable, that came before BR, are Lord of the Flies and the Most Dangerous Game. Like it or not, BR was a game changer (haha "game"), and was very hard to ignore.

The gladiator aspect is what ties them together, I get it, but stuff like that existed only as gladiator stories before. BR gave it a modern take, and Hunger Games re spun it for a new audience.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
The Running Man is pretty similar, it just doesn't use kids as the contestants.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Well that is some coincidental timing.

In b4 ignorance leads people to accuse the show of ripping of Hunger Games.

Since it's gonna be for a tv format, I really hope they draw from the manga version. And retain the psychological elements.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I'm just pissed off that on all channels, it's on the CW. Bring it on AMC then at least some violence can be retained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back