• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBSv2 in KH3?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
As most of you probably know BBv2 has been cancelled, and KH3 is most likely to be the next entry in the series. But Nomura has said that BBSv2 story does need to be told. So why not do it in KH3? I was thinking they could use something like the memoir (not 100% sure if that's what it's called) system they used in 3D. Exept instead of viewing a cutscene of reading something you would actually play that portion.

An example would be Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness. You would have to play as Mickey and traverse the Realm of Darkness to find it's Keyblade. Or you could just skip it and play it later.

Anyway what do you guys think. Do you think they should do something like this or should BBSv2 be it's own game?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I'm ok with that idea. Have a little mini story in the RoD as the intro for KH3.

raycat27_2003

Awards
As most of you probably know BBv2 has been cancelled, and KH3 is most likely to be the next entry in the series. But Nomura has said that BBSv2 story does need to be told. So why not do it in KH3? I was thinking they could use something like the memoir (not 100% sure if that's what it's called) system they used in 3D. Exept instead of viewing a cutscene of reading something you would actually play that portion.

An example would be Mickey's time in the Realm of Darkness. You would have to play as Mickey and traverse the Realm of Darkness to find it's Keyblade. Or you could just skip it and play it later.

Anyway what do you guys think. Do you think they should do something like this or should BBSv2 be it's own game?
So like that part would be the tutorial portion of the game??

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I might agree to this if we knew what BbSV2 was about to begin with.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
It would be interesting as long as it wasn't too long or boring. I swear Roxas' seven days took up half the game

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Well how many chracter would we have availbe to play as in KH3, it should be primarily sora, and if there was a tutorial I would hope it be kairi t start us off. Then again mabey BBS v2, not necccesairly under that title could be an episode of sorts thats unlocked through progression

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Can somebody fill me in on this? I've been out of the loop for a good five months, and I had no idea that v2 had been cancelled.

In the KH3D ultimania Nomura said they have no plans to make it a game right now.

Here you go:

"-- Is BbS Volume 2 = BbS2?

Nomura: I used "A Fragmentary Passage" without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene. I can't say there isn't a possibility of making it, but there are no plans for it right now."

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
In the KH3D ultimania Nomura said they have no plans to make it a game right now.

Here you go:

"-- Is BbS Volume 2 = BbS2?

Nomura: I used "A Fragmentary Passage" without regard to its context. What I mean is, there's a story for Volume Two, without using that scene. I can't say there isn't a possibility of making it, but there are no plans for it right now."

Where'd you find that? I looked through the KH3D Ultimania interview on the main site and couldn't see that, so basically I'm assuming you're paraphrasing or something?

Anyways;

Can somebody fill me in on this? I've been out of the loop for a good five months, and I had no idea that v2 had been cancelled.

— What about in the secret movie of Birth by Sleep Final Mix…?

Nomura: Well… (Laughs.) Now that you mention it, that secret movie was referred to as “A fragmentary passage”, meaning bits and pieces of something whole. A story connected to Kingdom Hearts exists out of that, but I don’t know whether or not it’ll be told hereafter.
— At the end of the secret movie for KHBBSFM, an interesting message that said ‘Birth by Sleep -Volume Two’ appeared. Is there a chance that a KHBBS2 will be appearing?

Nomura: It seems that many people thought that, but during that movie there were the words ‘A fragmentary passage’, weren’t there? That means a ‘bits and pieces of something whole’. In short, a story for ‘Volume Two’ exists that ought to be told, but the story cuts off with those scenes. Because of that, I won’t say there is absolutely no chance that we will produce a title to follow KHBBS , but there are no plans as of now.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
It was one of those old rough ultimania translations from 2chan.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It was one of those old rough ultimania translations from 2chan.

I would ask what the kupo 2chan is, but I don't really care.
Anyways, I got the explanation I wanted.

And yes, I do believe BBSv2 will be in KH3 because I believe most of those scenes would make it into the actual game(e.g. Donald and Goofy in the Realm of Sleep Traverse Town looking for Sora etc.)

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I would ask what the kupo 2chan is, but I don't really care.
Anyways, I got the explanation I wanted.

And yes, I do believe BBSv2 will be in KH3 because I believe most of those scenes would make it into the actual game(e.g. Donald and Goofy in the Realm of Sleep Traverse Town looking for Sora etc.)

That sceane does make more sense now

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought of a whole bunch of things. I can't explain everything, but chalked it up to either real time or flashbacks.

If simultaneous stories are added, then we can play as Aqua. Mickey could tell Sora about his time in the Realm of Darkness.
Riku explains his stuff for the Neverland/Twilight Town scenes, Kairi is sent by Yen Sid to go to the Twilight Town mansion for protection, or to discover something, the data inside Sora is brought out again.

I was pretty out of it when I thought those up lol

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
That would be a pretty epic tutorial lol just like the tutorial in Kingdom Hearts 3D but perhaps better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back