• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth by Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
Birth by Sleep
by Dawninmyheart

Why am I excited about BBS?
Let me count the ways:
First, it is part of a series over which I obsess.
Second, it looks to be better than Days.

Third, Axel – via Lea – will again be in the limelight,
But do not forget about his friend Isa,
Whose nobody clung to the moonlight.

Fourth, Zack Fair will appear,
Wearing his smile that is not so rare
And bringing his friends courage and cheer.

Fifth, I hope to learn more of the Heartless
And that troublesome Organization XIII –
For mysteries surround them in excess.

Sixth, Deep Space promises to be great,
Considering I have a fondness for Lilo and Stitch,
And it will definitely be worth the wait.

Seventh, Terra caught my eye from the beginning –
I can’t wait to play his story,
But I wonder why I never see him grinning.

Eighth, the gameplay looks fun,
With all the new summons and buttons –
In my opinion, it’ll be second to none.

Why am I excited about Birth by Sleep?
In the end, I look forward to everything about it.
With the game on the way, I’ll definitely lose sleep.
The Clock is counting down, bit by bit.

-------​

This is my first poem - please be kind, but still point out mistakes. I actually submitted this for the Birth by Sleep countdown.​

Fallen Prince

I liked it, I'll admit that I'm not amazing at poetry, but it seems like a good mixture of anticipation and hope. Good job.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
I really like the light-hearted tone you sustain through the poem, and it is really helped by the rhyme. Generally, I avoid rhyme schemes like the plague, but I believe you did good with it. The poem definitely put a smile on my face.

I like the regular structure of the stanzas, and that the beginning and end stanzas have a different line count to the middle stanzas.

As Fallen Prince has said, you do a good job with keeping the mood of the poem one of suspense and anticipation. I feel, though, that you are lacking in poetic devices, such as metaphor and simile. While these elements are not required to make a good poem, they are available for you to use nonetheless. It feels like you are putting an essay together in stanzas.

That said, I want to end by emphasizing how much I truly enjoyed reading this. I probably contributed 25% of your 100 view count! I kept coming back here to read it again and again, trying to come up with something intelligent to say apart from, "wow dis iz relli gud".

I hope to see more poetry sometime soon!

Dawninmyheart

Awards
Website
users.livejournal.com
Thanks for the input! I don't have any immediate plans to write another poem as of right now. If it weren't for the fact I wanted to submit something besides "I'm like totally excited about BBS cuz..." for the countdown, I wouldn't have even written this. Anyways, you might be interested in my Kingdom Hearts Fanfic since you liked this. Check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back