• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Black-Out Glitch?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakety69

Almost every time I boot up the game, either when it's loading up the menu or right when I start playing, the screen blacks out and then the game locks up a few seconds later. The weird thing though is that it only does that the first time I boot it up. When I re-start it, it works fine. I know this isn't a problem with my PS3, because I've tested my other games to make sure.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not sure if this helps, but have you tried playing another game in your first boot to see that it's really not your PS3 that's acting up? Probably it only starts doing so after your playthrough of Infamous. It's more of a sanity check than anything, really.

Snakety69

I'm not sure if this helps, but have you tried playing another game in your first boot to see that it's really not your PS3 that's acting up? Probably it only starts doing so after your playthrough of Infamous. It's more of a sanity check than anything, really.

Yeah, I've done with three other games I own, and no problem like that whatsoever. Should probably edit that into my OP to clarify that.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm, I see. Sorry, I've never encountered such a problem before, so I can't help you on this one...

Many members have reported that their games are also glitchy in a way or another. It seems that some copies are slightly defective. I myself haven't come across such glitches during my playthrough, though.

Hopefully someone else notices this thread and is able to help you. :)

Snakety69

Hmm, I see. Sorry, I've never encountered such a problem before, so I can't help you on this one...

Many members have reported that their games are also glitchy in a way or another. It seems that some copies are slightly defective. I myself haven't come across such glitches during my playthrough, though.

Hopefully someone else notices this thread and is able to help you. :)

Well I doubt anyone will be able to "help". It's fairly obvious I just got a slightly defective copy. I say slightly because aside from that, I've had no other problems with the game. Probably gonna buy a new copy when the price goes down. I'm mostly just curious if anyone else has had this problem.

Think they'll ever release a patch for this game?

nightless_moon

probably not, my best bet that u might just have to re turn the game ware u bought it and get another copy.

Korai

Awards
This sounds like a problem I had once, around when I got to End of The World. I would choose KHFM on the main screen, it would say "configuring trophy data", and then it would just quit the game and I would get an error message. I tried resetting my PS3, but it didn't work. After a while, I just took the disc out and rubbed it with my shirt. I put it back in, and there was no problem after that. Try looking for a smudged spot on the disc, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back