• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braig as next main villain after kh3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Even so, should Maleficent REALLY be the main villain again? She was basically the main villain in KH1 until Ansem SOD showed himself.

I thought he was just using her as a minion of sorts (hell, did she even know Ansem existed? o_O). But never mind.

I honestly can't see Braig/Xigbar as a main villain. Sure he had a hand in the creation of the Heartless - and when you think about it, Terra's possession - but I don't think he could ever have that much presence or power. Or maybe I'm just not giving him enough credit, IDEK.

To be honest with you guys, I think that, if the series does go on after the end of the Xehanort saga, it will be a new character.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Ven needs Vanitas to return, because Vanitas is essentially half of his heart. You can't live with half a heart.
He managed to live all through BBS without him =/

Who's to say Vanitas can't come back? For all we know, Vanitas might still be inside of Sora! His heart fused with Ven's, their whole heart became part of Sora, so I think that Vanitas could make a return.
Vanitas was never inside of Sora.

Oh that's what you're referring to.

Yes, I think that Ven's heart fused with Sora's. Here's the chronology in BBS:

1. Ven's darkness is expunged from his heart, forming Vanitas.

2. Ven's heart, now broken in half, makes a bond with Sora to survive.

3. Vanitas becomes part of Ven, uniting their separate halves into a whole heart.

4. Ven falls into a long sleep, and his single heart, which contains him AND Vanitas, becomes part of Sora's.
I don't think that's not how it went. Ventus destroyed Vanitas at the end of the game which is why he then went back into his comatose state. Because he heart was fractured again. However, instead of connecting to Sora again to heal his broke heart, he asked if Sora could carry his broken heart within him. So really, Sora has Ven's fractured heart in him. This is why when Sora stabs himself in KH1, instead of three hearts releasing, it's just Sora and Kairi's because Ven's was still incomplete and therefore, simply remained in his body.

That's the only way everything makes sense, imo. Otherwise, there would be no reason for Ven to be comatose again if he had a whole heart.

It's possible that they died in Coded. They sent themselves into the digital world and were seemingly destroyed by Darkside. So they might be out of the picture.

Even so, should Maleficent REALLY be the main villain again? She was basically the main villain in KH1 until Ansem SOD showed himself.
They didn't die in Coded. Data Riku saves them from deletion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't think that's not how it went. Ventus destroyed Vanitas at the end of the game which is why he then went back into his comatose state. Because he heart was fractured again. However, instead of connecting to Sora again to heal his broke heart, he asked if Sora could carry his broken heart within him. So really, Sora has Ven's fractured heart in him. This is why when Sora stabs himself in KH1, instead of three hearts releasing, it's just Sora and Kairi's because Ven's was still incomplete and therefore, simply remained in his body.

That's the only way everything makes sense, imo. Otherwise, there would be no reason for Ven to be comatose again if he had a whole heart.

Well when you see the cutscene of Ven destroying Vanitas, it looks like Vanitas was absorbed by Ven's heart. I mean, look, the platform re-glowed and became a whole heart again. If Vanitas wasn't absorbed and was just destroyed, then the platform would've had no color and have been chopped in half. So I'd say it's definitely a safe bet that Vanitas just simply became apart of Ventus.

So the question to "why Ven's heart would be fractured" would be answered with this:
Vanitas: The X-Blade is connected to our hearts. If you destroy it, you'll be destroying your own heart.
So even though Vanitas got absorbed by Ven's heart, Ven's is still damaged because he just destroyed the X-Blade, which was attached to his heart. If you rip out something attached to your skin, you're going to get some scars. Same thing applies here.

Also many could argue that Ven's fractured heart went into Roxas, thus explaining the random emotions.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
Well when you see the cutscene of Ven destroying Vanitas, it looks like Vanitas was absorbed by Ven's heart. I mean, look, the platform re-glowed and became a whole heart again. If Vanitas wasn't absorbed and was just destroyed, then the platform would've had no color and have been chopped in half. So I'd say it's definitely a safe bet that Vanitas just simply became apart of Ventus.

So the question to "why Ven's heart would be fractured" would be answered with this:
Vanitas: The X-Blade is connected to our hearts. If you destroy it, you'll be destroying your own heart.
So even though Vanitas got absorbed by Ven's heart, Ven's is still damaged because he just destroyed the X-Blade, which was attached to his heart. If you rip out something attached to your skin, you're going to get some scars. Same thing applies here.

Also many could argue that Ven's fractured heart went into Roxas, thus explaining the random emotions.

Well, if Vanitas would have just been absorbed, what would have happened to the Unversed?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Either way, Vanitas is clearly defeated which is why the Unversed don't exist anymore, and Ven is still fractured.

That is what I meant when I said "stayed with the body" (because, as we know, the body became Roxas)

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Uh, how do you even know that when we've never even seen him -try- to perform a "grand plan". He seemed ambitious enough to lead Xehanort and the others into creating the Heartless, and, by extension, thus creating the Organization. I don't think you give him enough credit.
Proof please? I was under the impression it was remnants of MX's memory that made him delve deeper into the heart.

Plus, it seems obvious to me that Nomura has been slowly building up Braig/Xigbar's importance over the games. In KH2 he got a throwaway line about having seen more Keyblade Wielders, in Days we see him poking fun at Roxas about his "future" and all that while he sees Ventus in Xion, then in BBS, he is an important character in not one, but all three character's scenarios more or less, and almost a final boss for one of them. Then he proceeds to created the Emblem Heartless among other things.
I don't see how that builds up his importance he was MX's lap dog in BBS and was Xemnas's lap dog in KH2. He's been portrayed as a lapdog character.

I say there's more to Xigbar then meets the eye, and I could easily see him, and perhaps the complete forms of the other apprentices, being the new main villain going forward, at least at first.
Braig simply doesn't seem like a threat to me he's not strong enough for anyone to actually follow Sora and TAV would have no trouble defeating him if confronted by him and he's shown that he's much better at following someone else's plan than he is at making his own.

I think that's a whole lot better then Nomura suddenly pulling a brand new villain out of nowhere and pretending like he was a secret threat all along.
No. Its the equivalent of making Pete the next main villain.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Proof please? I was under the impression it was remnants of MX's memory that made him delve deeper into the heart.
Secret Ending hints at it mighty greatly. Also, Nomura confirming that part of MX's "seed being planted" was Braig.

he's shown that he's much better at following someone else's plan than he is at making his own.
If he's never shown an attempt at making his own, than how could you possibly know for sure?

No. Its the equivalent of making Pete the next main villain.
It is nothing even close to that.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Secret Ending hints at it mighty greatly. Also, Nomura confirming that part of MX's "seed being planted" was Braig.
No it hints at whether or not Terra is in control of his body of MX is. So once again its MX's plan that Braig is following.

If he's never shown an attempt at making his own, than how could you possibly know for sure?
Ten years is a long time not to try.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No it hints at whether or not Terra is in control of his body of MX is. So once again its MX's plan that Braig is following.
I never said the idea was Braig's alone, but that he was clearly ambitious enough to see it through. Nomura says Braig is one of the seeds, and that scene ends with Braig saying that he has something "clever" or whatever. It's clear to me that the scene was both showing that Xehanort had lost his memories and that Braig was up to something. You know what with the whole "Images of their backs, preserved in memories" and the ending with Ansem looking on at them worried.

Ten years is a long time not to try.
Perhaps that's what will make his plan actually get closer to succeeding, because he took his time with it? Still, point is, he hasn't tried so you can't say for sure yet.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Man, honestly I can't see Braig as the main villain of the next saga, he's more like the 'right hand' villain. I also think the next villain of the new saga could be an 'old enemy' that no one knows about except MX and possibly Eraqus, also a possibility that the new villain/old enemy is the true main antagonist of KH series. I also don't even want to explain the whole reason why the next villain is an old enemy but it will also had to with 'the light being corrupted and obsessed with darkness' theory.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Next Saga should be about someone starting a second keyblade war :/

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
I think there will be a hint on who the new villain of the next saga will be at the near end of KH3, maybe mentioned or referenced by Xehanort or MX when he is fighting against Sora in the final battle of the game.

And, did you guys notice a similarity between Eraqus and MX, Aqua and Terra, and finally, Sora and Riku? I also think if the origin of the Keyblade War has anything to do with that? Two Keyblade Masters who are closest allies, until one of them got corrupted by the Light and start the war?

Last edited:

Aerith<3Zack

I think there will be a hint on who the new villain of the next saga will be at the near end of KH3, maybe mentioned or referenced by Xehanort or MX when he is fighting against Sora in the final battle of the game.

And, did you guys notice a similarity between Eraqus and MX, Aqua and Terra, and finally, Sora and Riku? I also think if the origin of the Keyblade War has anything to do with that? Two Keyblade Masters who are closest allies, until one of them got corrupted by the Light and start the war?

Don't you mean corrupted by the Dark I would think? And yeah there is a pattern. But it's a little too repetitive.......we don't want this to be the main plot forever.

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
I myself would still like to see a Villain/Boss obsessed with Light, and would want to eradicate all darkness, thus being in a way, "evil", because they would stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

And no, it wouldn't be completely the same as MX, he was corrupted by Darkness, and wanted balance.

It seems to be more of a side boss IMO, but I'd still like to see it happen.

I can see this happening, before the thought of Braig being the "main" villain in his own Saga/Series.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
And yeah there is a pattern. But it's a little too repetitive.......we don't want this to be the main plot forever.

What I meant is that maybe Darkness didn't exist back then since the war happen like a thousand years ago and that master could be the first Keyblade Wielder to become corrupted by the Light and was the first one to have Darkness born in his heart.

Though I agreed with you on the 'corrupt by darkness' pattern plot being too repetitive.

AntiRiku*Axel

There may have been a similarity at first, but when you look at it, MX and Terra fused. Riku was 'corrupted' but he chose the Way to Dawn and accepted the darkness in his heart. At least, until it was expelled in KH2 by DiZ's exploding machine.

Side Note:
In KH3 I can see Riku and Kairi being Sora's party members. Or they can cut out Kairi and put in Mickey. That'd be cool. And then there could be a 3-on-1 keyblade fight if Braig could get a keyblade. That is, of course, assuming Braig becomes the main-villain, and he tursn out to be a pawn of Xehanort.........again
So technically, he wouldn't be the main villain.

Wait, I've got it:
Braig is in KH3 because somewhere between BBS and KH1 his heartless was destroyed, thus becoming whole. He turns out to be full Xehanort's pawn. Somehow, Ven is released from Sora, becoming whole. All the keyblade wielders (Sora,Riku,Mickey,Van, and Kairi) somehow release Aqua from the darkness, and Aqua and Ven tell Sora the story of BBS. They then destroy Xehanort for good, and release Terra's heart.
In KH4 Braig returns, gains the ability to use a keyblade and becomes the main protaganist. This game will have 3 scenarios too, but be a console game with the scenarios being parties of S/R/K, T/A/V, and Mickey/Donald/Goofy. Thus they all fight through the game. T/A/V fight Braig, but he seperates back into a Heartless and a Nobody. M/D/G take care of the Heartless, and S/R/K take care of the nobody. Braig once again becomes whole due to M/D/G destroying the heartless first. Mickey is killed by Braig, and D/G return to the castle and go into retirement. Aqua goes into an all out frenzy and destroys Braig in a suicide attack. Everyone returns to Desiny Islands and Terra decides to put S/R/K through a Master Qualification Exam. That ends the game. Somehow this story would have to be the last of the Braig, or a stand-alone title between KH3 and the beginning of the next saga with a brand new antagonist.

At least I stayed on topic, putting Braig as the main villain :p

jdgjordan

There may have been a similarity at first, but when you look at it, MX and Terra fused. Riku was 'corrupted' but he chose the Way to Dawn and accepted the darkness in his heart. At least, until it was expelled in KH2 by DiZ's exploding machine.

Side Note:
In KH3 I can see Riku and Kairi being Sora's party members. Or they can cut out Kairi and put in Mickey. That'd be cool. And then there could be a 3-on-1 keyblade fight if Braig could get a keyblade. That is, of course, assuming Braig becomes the main-villain, and he tursn out to be a pawn of Xehanort.........again
So technically, he wouldn't be the main villain.

Wait, I've got it:
Braig is in KH3 because somewhere between BBS and KH1 his heartless was destroyed, thus becoming whole. He turns out to be full Xehanort's pawn. Somehow, Ven is released from Sora, becoming whole. All the keyblade wielders (Sora,Riku,Mickey,Van, and Kairi) somehow release Aqua from the darkness, and Aqua and Ven tell Sora the story of BBS. They then destroy Xehanort for good, and release Terra's heart.
In KH4 Braig returns, gains the ability to use a keyblade and becomes the main protaganist. This game will have 3 scenarios too, but be a console game with the scenarios being parties of S/R/K, T/A/V, and Mickey/Donald/Goofy. Thus they all fight through the game. T/A/V fight Braig, but he seperates back into a Heartless and a Nobody. M/D/G take care of the Heartless, and S/R/K take care of the nobody. Braig once again becomes whole due to M/D/G destroying the heartless first. Mickey is killed by Braig, and D/G return to the castle and go into retirement. Aqua goes into an all out frenzy and destroys Braig in a suicide attack. Everyone returns to Desiny Islands and Terra decides to put S/R/K through a Master Qualification Exam. That ends the game. Somehow this story would have to be the last of the Braig, or a stand-alone title between KH3 and the beginning of the next saga with a brand new antagonist.

At least I stayed on topic, putting Braig as the main villain :p

you lost me at the mickey dieing part but i like the other half your theroy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back