• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Buying a 3DS for Dream Drop Distance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I bought mine mainly because my DSi died last august & I didn't want to buy another if it was just going to become obsolete in half a year. FYI, Super Mario 64 DS, a launch title for the original DS, is pretty much the best 3DS game out now due to the circle pad.

There's only one game i'm slightly interested in on the 3DS and it's just DDD,there's no way i'm buying one system for one game.
I find that really hard to believe. What do you play besides KH?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
FYI, Super Mario 64 DS, a launch title for the original DS, is pretty much the best 3DS game out now due to the circle pad.

All the DS games still only have an 8-axis direction (Up, Up-Right, Right, Down-Right, Down, Down-Left, Left, Up-Left) as it was with just the D-Pad, so it doesn't help much. It's only the actual 3DS games that can take full advantage of the Control Stick.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
After trying out the 3DS at walmart today...
my eyes started to blur and I stumbled around and tripped into some morbidly obese womans breast and her husband pulled me out and beat the leaving hell out of me and then I wandered back to the video game rack and tried to purchase a copy of sonic free riders for the Kinect and accidentally bought some crappy wii game, so did I like the 3ds?

no.
Hey, I added a highly likely scenario as to what lead you to not like it. Tell me how accurate it was. Next time don't skimp on the details.

Maybe we should all just befriend people who have said system and use them to play our kingdom hearts games. We just need to scope out the rich kids.

I totally agree with everyone who won't buy the system JUST for a KH game, save your parents money and wait for kh3 to be announced and don't play all these side games.

Dark Wing

Awards
i bought a PS2 solely for kingdom hearts. i bought a psp solely for kingdom hearts... basically i would only bother with nintendo systems if it wasnt for kingdom hearts. and altho i did buy both systems solely for kingdom hearts i now own more games for ps2 and psp then i own for gamecube, wii or ds

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Hey, I added a highly likely scenario as to what lead you to not like it. Tell me how accurate it was. Next time don't skimp on the details.

Maybe we should all just befriend people who have said system and use them to play our kingdom hearts games. We just need to scope out the rich kids.

I totally agree with everyone who won't buy the system JUST for a KH game, save your parents money and wait for kh3 to be announced and don't play all these side games.
Yeah, be like me; play KH3 without DDD like I played KH2 without COM. THAT CONFUSION WAS FUN.
Nah, just read up before you skip.
-___o

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
Buying just for KH? Hell no, if anything the main push is paper mario (my favorite mario next to rpg mario) and the new metroid, loz, kirby, and returning classics. And as well as playing the classics on the 3DS in the summer (looks at ff tactids advance, pokemon, loz:alttp, all of metroid, megaman, ect.) is a really big driving force though for the price tag i may just wait t'ill 3DSlite, 3DSXL, 3DSi, or any else.

raycat27_2003

Awards
Yeah. I've bought both a DS and a PSP when Days and BBS came out respectively. I have to buy them again, but that's besides the point. I also bought a PS3 for whenever KH3 comes out. I'll most likely get the 3DS when DDD comes out and the priced is dropped significantly, like say $150. :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
The 3DS hurts some people's eyes, so for those people it is reccommended they take off the 3D feature which is stupid, however, if it means playing KH, it might be worth it. Likewise, some people get massive headaches after using the 3D feature too much so it is reccommended that you do 30 minutes of 3D play before switching off for a while, some people are more resilient. So if you experienced all those things that the "scenario" described, I'm sorry, but the 3DS isn't for everyone :(

Relix

A traveler
Awards
meh I know I'm gonna acquire a 3DS somehow. I always get the systems I need in some way or another (i don't even remember how I got by DS lite. i sure as hell know I didn't buy the damn thing)

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
meh I know I'm gonna acquire a 3DS somehow. I always get the systems I need in some way or another (i don't even remember how I got by DS lite. i sure as hell know I didn't buy the damn thing)
Steal from a rich kid? :DDD

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I didn't buy the 3DS for just KH, I bought it for alot of reasons, one of them being legend of zelda, and another being Starfox. But DDD will be in my list of games also when it comes out :D

kupo1121

Awards
In my opinion, the 3DS looks like it will have a lot of good games for it, but it all comes down to what type of games you like. For me there is Mario, Starfox, Zelda, Kid Iccarus, Kingdom Hearts, Street Fighter, Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Paper Mario, and I won't even get all those games, but there are more too, but I'm a platformer/RPG player, so the 3DS fits be well. Some people who prefer shooters may not see it as an investment.

Oh yeah, and Pokemon (we all know Nintendo is gonna make it)

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Some people need to realize that the lauch lineup always sucks. Just because the games are less than satisfactory now, this is Nintendo's handheld, and it will have a thriving library just as the DS has, eventually.

Pokemon (we all know Nintendo is gonna make it)

GGGRRRAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!
At least, I hope so. At least, 3DS enhanced.

kupo1121

Awards
The Pokemon game will be. Nintendo stated that Pokemon Black/White was the last Pokemon game made for the DS systems, which meant that all the next games are going to the 3DS only. Which will start with the remake of Ruby and Sapphire which ironically was my first Pokemon game (3D Mudkip...YAY!!!)

There is already a Pokemon game in development for the 3DS and it will likely be at E3 but it seems to be not a main title, but more like a sequel or remake of XD: Gale of Darkness as the main character for that game was seen in a snapshot of the game.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
The Pokemon game will be. Nintendo stated that Pokemon Black/White was the last Pokemon game made for the DS systems, which meant that all the next games are going to the 3DS only. Which will start with the remake of Ruby and Sapphire which ironically was my first Pokemon game (3D Mudkip...YAY!!!)

There is already a Pokemon game in development for the 3DS and it will likely be at E3 but it seems to be not a main title, but more like a sequel or remake of XD: Gale of Darkness as the main character for that game was seen in a snapshot of the game.
Which was confirmed fake btw.

kupo1121

Awards
Which was confirmed fake btw.

Then I take back that statement lol. However, Nintendo confirmed they were making a Pokemon game at the moment, no clue if it is for Wii or 3DS, I just assumed that was real xP I guess we might here about this mysterious game at E3. Sorry lol, I haven't looked it up in a while.

Kamichamadude

I didn't buy my Aqua ( <3 ) blue 3DS just for KHDDD, but it was a big, Big, BIG selling point.
Allthough I would have gotten it anyway for games like Mario, Megaman, Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong (64 sequel or port anybody ;D)
And considering they are announcing the 3DS Pokemon game this (or next) month, I feel like it was a good investment.
Also if it weren't for region locking I would've waited and bought the inevitable Japan only KHDDD 3DS, which would be pink and have a Black and white Keyblade on it (bada$$, no?). But f their is a north american release of a LE KHDDD 3DS, I will get it.
Now all thats left is for Nomura to announce BBS V.2 for the NGP, then my bank account will be dry... like dry bones
mario_dryBones.gif

KeesusChrist

I don't know, maybe. I've played all of the games that were released in America besides coded and BBS. I'll be working on getting BBS soon though. I had to put that aside because I got a PS3 in 2009 or '10, hoping that KH III would see daylight by 2011 or 2012. *sigh* I hate being a fan of Square Enix sometimes. Every one of their games that are in demand are put on hold or are in this long process of being created. I know they want to be perfect, but wow, Rockstar doesn't take forever to create Grand Theft Auto which has more people, and includes much bigger worlds with the same graphics as any FF game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back